Sign in to follow this  
dingov

[EPIC] Permission Issues

on epic when trying to steal from an offdeed building on the homeservers when i am enemy to this server it will not allow me to take items without going unlawful but i do not have this problem when trying to take items from enemy deeds. this problem only started happening after the permissions update. even though as a nathan priest which is a black light god i also take a faith hit from trying to take from offdeed buildings. i've experienced this problem on desertion and affliction.

[17:14:33] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.  (wasnt even on a deed or near one)
[17:14:36] You will no longer care about local laws.
[17:14:37] Your deity would never allow stealing.
[17:14:51] You may now go against the will of your god.
[17:14:52] You get a source crystal.

[17:14:52] Faith decreased by 0.100 to 

Edited by dingov
  • Like 1

Was on serenity today with some friends and was unable to pickup stuff on enemy deeds without going unlawful. But toggling lawful off and then picking the items up resulted in hunted status and probably faith loss as a priest. This is true before and after templar was killed.

Also you aren't allowed to do certain things that the deeds permissions don't allow you to do. Ie, leading animals isn't possible on an enemy deed if they don't allow non citizens to lead. The option to lead just doesn't show up. This is true before and after templar was killed.

• Like 3

similar thing happend on elevation when trying to steal from a fsb in an offdeed building (might have been within deed perimeter actually)

would not allow me to take anything even after disabling faith and lawfulness

[14:12:06] Your deity would never allow stealing.

[14:12:08] You may now go against the will of your god.

[14:12:10] Right-click and select Steal instead.

[14:12:24] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.

[14:12:27] You will no longer care about local laws.

[14:12:29] Right-click and select Steal instead.

Edited by Worksock
added more info

I'd like to keep permission issues reported for the Epic servers in one place. Please report issues with as much detail as possible stating what is happening and what should happen instead.  Be sure to detail whether this issue happens only on deed, off deed, on an enemy server, in an enemy kingdom etc.

This is for reporting bugs and issues, not a kingdom vs. kingdom or personal opinion thread.

I've merged the two reports I saw earlier into this thread to consolidate issues.  Thanks for your reports.

• Like 1

These issues may have been tweaked with the recent update.  Can you let me know if these are still an issue?  Can forum PM me details if you prefer not to give specifics here.  Thank you.

still cannot take from offdeed buildings without stealing and taking a faith hit. although i was able to lead some horses on an enemy deed but not others.

Any idea if there was anything special about the horses you couldn't lead?  Like being branded or something?

yea i'm not able to lead branded horses at all. i wasn't able to lead a horse on deed that was just standing there without branding or cared for but then i unhitched 2 horses from a cart and then i could lead those 2.

bump still cant lead on enemy deeds

[22:14:31] You can't lead as a passenger.

still cant lead on enemy deeds on homeservers at least

[23:10:56] You can't lead as a passenger.

bump

cant lead on elevation deeds or loot from offdeed houses on elevation

Edited by dingov
  • Like 1

bump pls fix

if you lead a horse from off deed to on deed, you can still lead it if you leave it there but no other enemy players may

you can tame a horse on deed, still cannot lead it but can ride it off deed, lead it on deed and then be able to lead it fine after that

Cant embark on an UNLOCKED ship transporter on same kingdom deed (with no templars), even if going unlawful.  This is just ridiculous on a pvp server to lose horses and ships from disembarking and having no way of getting them back.

Proper behavior should be to allow ANY AND ALL actions if you go unlawful and kill the templars.  Deed rules on pvp servers arent supposed to be upheld unless there are templars to enforce them.

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2016 at 11:47 AM, Alectrys said:

The leading horse on enemy deed issue should have been addressed with today's update http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/140611-patch-notes-21apr16/

there are many many remaining permission issues

we get messages such as "You decide not to as stealing is punishable with the death penalty in these lands" when this is not freedom

we are unable to break laws on same kingdom deeds even when the templar is dead (or if one was not hired) and even when unlawful

the entire new permission system was added without checks to see if the action should be allowed, because as I understand it whoever wrote it was unaware of how the permission system works on pvp servers

the entire new permission system is freedom oriented with things that should be possible as unlawful on pvp now impossible

each and every permission that was added/modified needs to have a check added for if the templars are dead and if the player is unlawful, similarly to what you likely had to do to fix the horse issue

horses arent the ONLY issue here

for awhile it was possible to archer off deed enemies near your deed, but they couldnt shoot you on your deed because it was disallowed, which was hilarious

please fix the new permission system to be pvp compatible, with checks for lawfulness/templars

Edited by Alexgopen

It would help me to help identify what we already have open as a bug and what needs to be addressed if you can state the issues in the following format:

What currently happens:

What should happen:

What are the specifics as to when the behavior should change:

For example, you say we get messages such as "You decide not to as stealing is punishable with the death penalty in these lands" when this is not freedom.

What are the circumstances where you get that message?

What should happen instead?

Is this on deed or off deed?

Is this on enemy land or same kingdom land?

Is this with guards alive or not alive?

Is this with lawful on or lawful off?

The more information you can supply, the easier it will be to address the particular issue.  It would also be helpful if you do this individually for each item you see as a problem instead of lumping things into a single post of saying things don't work.

Let's get a specific list of things that are not working correctly ON EPIC with details instead of anger and frustration.  

Please keep in mind that I'm not an Epic player, so what may seem obvious to you is not in the least obvious to me.  This is why details help me understand and help the devs troubleshoot the issues.

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

It would help me to help identify what we already have open as a bug and what needs to be addressed if you can state the issues in the following format:

What currently happens: 

What should happen:

What are the specifics as to when the behavior should change:

For example, you say we get messages such as "You decide not to as stealing is punishable with the death penalty in these lands" when this is not freedom.

What are the circumstances where you get that message?

What should happen instead?

Is this on deed or off deed?

Is this on enemy land or same kingdom land?

Is this with guards alive or not alive?

Is this with lawful on or lawful off?

The more information you can supply, the easier it will be to address the particular issue.  It would also be helpful if you do this individually for each item you see as a problem instead of lumping things into a single post of saying things don't work.

Let's get a specific list of things that are not working correctly ON EPIC with details instead of anger and frustration.  

Please keep in mind that I'm not an Epic player, so what may seem obvious to you is not in the least obvious to me.  This is why details help me understand and help the devs troubleshoot the issues.

That's because its not a particular issue, it's the entire permission system implemented incorrectly on PvP. It was made without lawfullness/killing Templars in mind, and as such actions (all actions) are still disallowed and impossible due to deed settings even if you've done everything necessary (killing Templars or going unlawful) that would've on the old permission system allowed you to do them 

What currently happens: Actions disallowed by the deed are impossible even when there is no templar to enforce the laws, and even when unlawful 

What should happen: Laws should have no effect if the templar is dead, or draw templar aggro based on your stealing skill when performing actions as unlawful 

What are the specifics as to when the behavior should change: Any law should no longer take effect the moment the Templars are killed, and until they respawn 

You are looking for a particular issue as if this is only 1 bug, as if there's a certain action that needs looking at, but this is not the case.  It is all actions, and the whole of the permission system was implemented in PvP without the proper checks for cases in which actions should be allowed (dead Templars/unlawful). It's not a simple fix of enabling one action, it's adding these checks for every permission in the new permission system.  The new permission system is inherently broken and overrestrictive on PvP and needs to be fixed as a whole, with the proper checks added to allow actions.

The only specific bug with it that needs to be addressed individually is the freedom patch you guys put in to make catapults miss if you shoot at a deed that doesn't allow you the destroy permission.  That is absolutely wrong on PvP. You should be able to catapult a deed you don't have permission on and receive KOS status for it.  

For the sake of example I'll explain how lockpicking doesn't work:

What are the circumstances where you get that message?: trying to pick a boat on deed

What should happen instead?: I was unlawful so it should've allowed the action and then aggrod the Templars, then allowing me to kill the templar, and continue picking unhindered 

Is this on deed or off deed?: on deed

Is this on enemy land or same kingdom land?: same kingdom

Is this with guards alive or not alive?: Alive 

Is this with lawful on or lawful off?: off

Additionally players are unable to target Templars (even citizens) unless the templar targets them first. This is broken. You should be able to attack and kill the templar and then go breaking laws. 

Edited by Alexgopen

pve has some permission issues, fixed within a few days

pvp has tons of permissions issues, 6 months later and still not fixed

ok

pls fix so players don't have to be afraid of losing up to ~200e worth of gear every time anything permission related is involved and so that players can actually pvp and raid properly