Sign in to follow this  
jpiolho

[RELEASED] JPWM Clay Removal

Notice to everyone:  If you are using the mod, please update to the latest version (1.0.2+) there was a typo that happened between testing and publishing that makes it have a game breaking bug.

This mod adds a new craftable item that makes it possible to make clay tiles into dirt without needing GM powers or magic.

Decay Bed

image1 Multiple decay beds

More Images

Spoiler

Image 1

Decay bed with items inside

Unfinished Decay bed

By placing wooden items in this and letting them decay, the organic matter contained within these will seep into the ground and make the soil once again able to support plants. The process takes time and might need some dedication to be successful.

The decay bed is craftable by using a plank and large nails. The total required materials are:

• 13x Planks
  • 4x Small Nails
  • 1x Large Nails

image2

How it works

You have to put wooden items inside the decay bed (it's a container), it works best with logs but any wooden item will work, and every time an item inside decays there will be a chance roll based on the weight and volume of the specific item.

It is designed to achieve maximum chance by having the same weight and volume as one wood log. If you place an item with less weight or less volume than a log it will still have a chance, just lower. Bigger items do not provide bonus. Outside of villages, there's a maximum of 10% chance, and weight counts towards 6% while volume 4%. Inside of villages, there's a maximum of 50% chance, and weight counts towards 30% while volume 20%. These percentages and values are configurable.

If the roll is successful, the tile beneath will turn into dirt. Note this does not work if any corner of the tile is under water.

Download & Other Links

Download latest version

Github

Moddb

Instructions

• Extract into mods folder
  • Configure the properties files or use JPWM Mod GUI Manager
Edited by jpiolho
  • Like 4

it's probably better to add the serverPacks line right into JPWM_ClayRemoval.properties to avoid extra file editing by the user

6 minutes ago, ago said:

it's probably better to add the serverPacks line right into JPWM_ClayRemoval.properties to avoid extra file editing by the user

Ah I wasn't aware of that, will do.

I had to add 2 logs and remove 1 for the full model to show. you can't drop in 1 log. you have to drop in more than 1 then remove all but 1 for the model to change.

3 hours ago, Crustyfoot said:

I had to add 2 logs and remove 1 for the full model to show. you can't drop in 1 log. you have to drop in more than 1 then remove all but 1 for the model to change.

Yes I'm aware of the bug, but it's just visual. If you relog you can actually see it full, I think it's a wurm bug but I'll look more into it soon.

EDIT: To everyone using the mod, please update to the latest version (1.0.2+) there was a typo that happened between testing and publishing that makes it have a game breaking bug.

Edited by jpiolho

This is a really cool mod. I love the creativity you used coming up with this!

very cool mod

will you be making a reverse version of this? like a box that has a chance to spawn clay by mixing sand dirt and organic matters? as it would be nice to add clay to my servers without spawning it in as a gm

• Like 2

On 28-12-2015 at 8:03 AM, damine said:

whats the spam mode mod you have installed i noticed in the pic

spam mode is on WO aswell, its usefull when your fighting as it shows every move in the fighting tab, instead just hits.

Might need fixed for the new update. Getting errors starting server with 1.3 release with this installed