Sign in to follow this  
axeblade346

Bridges and Singleplayer

Good day.

I just want to confirm that I ain't missing something and that Wurm Unlimited needs to fix this issue.

1. Bridges needs 2 players to build

2. WU can be played as a single player game.

Some players like me and a few of my clients (own a PC shop) plays WU as a single player game and thus are unable to build bridges.

Am I missing something (like a way to solo a bridge), are they gonna patch that in soon just for WU , or are those of us who play it Solo stuck whit out bridges.

I see server mods for the Priest spells that needs to be linked so that is community fixed (would have preferred a more link to gem approach) 

You can plant the rangepole where the helper would normally be, then plan the bridge using that as the end point.

Unless the bug has been fixed.

you can only plant one rangepole a week off deed.

With a limit on how long bridge due to sight.

Now I forgot how far we can see the pole.

3 hours ago, Tich said:

You can plant the rangepole where the helper would normally be, then plan the bridge using that as the end point.

is that a WU only or is that something thats possible on WO also?:)

You can build bridges as a single player in Wurm Unlimited

1) Plant range pole on one abutment. It must be at least 8 units above sea level.

2) Go to other abutment. Again at least 8 units but you can build a sloped bridge so it can be higher.

3) You can build up to a 38 tile bridge, that is the maximum in length. However you may have to focus the range pole before moving back and then use the dioptra by clicking on the focused pole.

4) If building bridges as a GM, and I built a bunch building a government highway to hook up all our communities there is no limit on the number you can build. You can also use the "spy" function on the ebony wand to site in the range pole 

5) As of the last time I tried it a couple weeks back building a bridge between 2 buildings still requires 2 people IF the bridge is more than 6 tiles long as the range pole does not render while inside a building beyond that distance.

Edit:

6) In certain cases you may get warning of "not enough clearance"  That usually happens if the abutment is not high enough on one end or the other. I usually dig down 10-20 units on the three tiles immediately in front of the bridge abutment to counter this problem.

Edited by Adramaleck

On 08/12/2015 at 11:04 AM, bigsteve said:

Unless the bug has been fixed.

you can only plant one rangepole a week off deed.

Ah, didnt know about that, I'll take a look later time permitting.

On 08/12/2015 at 0:05 PM, Cecci said:

With a limit on how long bridge due to sight.

Now I forgot how far we can see the pole.

not idea, but try using a spyglass.

Also i suspect there is a problem when planning between houses if over 5 tiles.

On 08/12/2015 at 0:34 PM, Miretta said:

is that a WU only or is that something thats possible on WO also?:)

WU only

There is indeed a problem planning a bridge between two buildings if both buildings have doors already installed. In my case it was a 2 wide by 1 long bridge between two 10 story high long houses. I ended up needing the second player to hold the door open so that I could sight the range pole from the creation point.

r

BB

d

1 = Building 1 double doors

2 = Building 2 double doors

r = range pole

d = dioptra

I have made a single player bridge 3 tiles wide 36 tiles long.  could barely find the range pole but it did work with regular viewing....after that distance I never found the range pole.  If you plant it you'll have to wait a RL day to plant again, so just move it around using push/pull if you have too....I did not try Summon though.

Edited by Uberknot