Sign in to follow this  
Sprigor

[Request] Remove 4 Times one Lenght Limit

As you can see Below!

vSge3lV.png

There is a Restriction on Deed Sizes I would like a mod to made to remove. Basically this is what is happening;

- I built a Canal through the Land that is over 465 Tiles long.

- I wanted to Deed Over the Entire Canal.

-The only way for me to Deed over that many Tiles in one direction, is if The other end is Less than 4x that of the other side.

- Meaning.... The North to South side is 465 Tiles in Total. So it can NOT be more then 4x the Size of the East to West Side.

The Problem is I dont want to Deed like 50+ tiles east and west, Id like to be able to do

5 East, 5 West for total of 11 (with Token Tile) by 11 North, and 453 South for total of 465 (with the token tile).

EDIT: Would be awesome if this would work with Ago's Mod Launcher.

Edited by Sprigor
  • Like 1

You think it is great for keeping a canal intact?   You will surely think it is great when someone uses the same feature to deed the entire coast!  I guess it will need the admins to approve deeds before it can be used somehow?

I can see how this is possible to make a problem. But People can just make alts and deed the whole coast now. LOL

So its not changing anything really, Plus they still have to pay for it. And if Not remove this Limit, then allow it to be adjustable if not for all deeds, But Permanent deeds.

if you run the server just pull up your Dev toon and have him protect the canal tiles so they can't be altered. If not then ask a GM on your server if they will walk threw and protect the canal for you so it can;t be altered. Really don't need to deed all that just for a canal. I'm not sure if it works under ground but if it does that's what I would do. Underground and top side are different.

Ran in checked it real quick protect doen't work in caves but if you protect the tile out side it protects the cave under. Now that would be a good mod ability to protect under ground tiles that don't effect top side tiles.

Edited by Arkonick

I think indeed manual GM protection is a better solution for this problem, considering that this is WU where GM's are more willing to preserve important features of their server than the GM's on WO.

If it was a deed you would have to open all the permissions so anyone can travel and drop stuff without it getting stuck on deed, leaving only deed decay protection left as a feature, which is what the GM protection feature is for.  The GM could make it so even the non reinforced caves or dirt roads do not decay.

Edited by yarnevk

On Tuesday, December 08, 2015 at 11:38 AM, yarnevk said:

You think it is great for keeping a canal intact?   You will surely think it is great when someone uses the same feature to deed the entire coast!  I guess it will need the admins to approve deeds before it can be used somehow?

You are aware that if this mod was produced, it would be still that -a MOD that the server admin can choose whether or not to put on thier server.  In order to affect your server, you or your server admin would have to load it in.

the protecting each tile one by one trick is Painful. Im sure you wouldnt want to protect a canal over 500 tiles long and 11 tiles wide...