Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Player Banks - Private lending

It could be interesting to allow players to build a bank, set up an NPC banker and allow other players to come buy silver ingame, rather than over forums.  The King would get a minor tax for each transaction.  Also, for the risk taking bankers, we could allow for loans, interest rates and all.  To get even more interesting, pay back of loans could come in the form of simple materials/goods: veggies, meat, bricks, mortar, logs, etc.  Player/banker can set the acceptable payment options.  Could also be used to manage WTB transactions for simple goods like those.

Very important feature: Transaction Ledgers.  We need reports PLEASE.

I would love to put my Wurm silvers to work, rather than just cashing it out on PayPal.

6 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

To get even more interesting, pay back of loans could come in the form of simple materials/goods: veggies, meat, bricks, mortar, logs, etc.

Soo basically an auction board of sorts? Or Grand Exchange? 

It just seems really over complex for something that probably won't be used much

like think just now, would you hand out silver in wurm to anyone at all honestly if you haven't known them for years, and if you answered yes then chances are you'd do it without this system anyway

There would be a some form of acceptance requiring the banker player to approve for the loan. For a straight silver purchase I'm not going into huge detail on suggestions lately, simply because of my limited time because of RL. Yes, this does add complexity to Code Club and that alone is probably enough reason for Rolf to ignore the idea, however, it does put a portion of every transaction in his pockets, which isn't happening now.

Ah banking in sandbox-style games. Eve Online has some good examples of this, not to mention the scams.

Granted some guilds in Eve can have requirements consisting of ten page essays, blood and stool samples, and background checks. :P