Sign in to follow this  
Alleykatz

Multiple Ebony Wands

I occasionally use a level 5 GM character on my creative WU server. I don't keep that character online as I use a non GM character for gameplay. I log her in, do what I need to do with that GM character, and then log back to my "regular" character.  However, every other time I log my GM character in, she seems to gained another Ebony Wand. I now have about 20 wands now in my inventory. They can't be deleted, dropped, or destroyed. I know they don't take up weight, not sure if they take up slots. The main thing is that they are cluttering up my inventory! Any Suggestions?

I thought you could Item>Destroy, I will have to recheck

You can also keep them in a small lightweight container such as a quiver (I forget if they fit in a flask) so they do not count afgainst the 100-item limit

edit: I tested and I can DELETE them ingame but you have to ACTIVATE each wand, go to ITEM > DESTROY

(Actually  activate ONE wand and use it to item>destroy all the others.)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Could either go into the database and delete them, or simply log in a second client and trade them off? (Force close Steam, relaunch and start new client)

There's a nice tutorial here, on the latter part of the video, on how to jump into the database and clean it up: http://www.rheyansgaming.com/tutorial-how-to-install-custom-maps-clean-your-database-in-wurm-unlimited/

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I thought you could Item>Destroy, I will have to recheck

You can also keep them in a small lightweight container such as a quiver (I forget if they fit in a flask) so they do not count afgainst the 100-item limit

edit: I tested and I can DELETE them ingame but you have to ACTIVATE each wand, go to ITEM > DESTROY

Brash_Endeavors - Oh thank you, That worked! May the hides of 100 cows appear magically at your door!

3 hours ago, Xallo said:

Could either go into the database and delete them, or simply log in a second client and trade them off? (Force close Steam, relaunch and start new client)

There's a nice tutorial here, on the latter part of the video, on how to jump into the database and clean it up: http://www.rheyansgaming.com/tutorial-how-to-install-custom-maps-clean-your-database-in-wurm-unlimited/

Dipping into a database is way beyond my humble intelligence! LOL I know just enough to get me into deep "doo-doo"! But thank you, I appreciate your helpfulness VERY much! (Least I didn't ask, "emm, What is a database?" hahaha!

2 hours ago, Alleykatz said:

Brash_Endeavors - Oh thank you, That worked! May the hides of 100 cows appear magically at your door!

Fine fine fine -- Now get back you YOUTUBING WURM so I have more to watch!!!

PS: Here's a tip on planting "pretty" grass: If you plant the flowers then pick them, you get grass. Then you re-plant the same flowers on another tile and on and on. If you have low gardening skill you just ruin a lot of flowers and get no grass, if you have high skill then one flower might re-grass 10 or 20 or so tiles.

But here is a better secret -- make a Carpentry tool  called a LEGGAT, use it on mixed grass to make THATCH. Although thatch is used for roofing too, it also can be planted directly like a grass seed. Once you have a Leggat and a little Thatching skill, it is much easier to replant grass in large areas using thatch than using either sprouts or flowers. Also you can plant grass INSIDE a building (no floor just dirt) if you use Thatch (which you cannot do with sprouts or flowers) making it possible to make indoor stables :) or jsut to park your horse inside the house when you are new and not yet have a horse pen. You can collects hundred/thousands/millions of mixed grass, convert them into thatch (grass seed) and save all of your sprouts for reforesting areas & tree farms. Plus you can always keep a few thatch in your pockets to replant individual tiles the horses and cows packed. They are half the weight of sprouts so easier to carry. 

Looking forward to your next videos ^_^

Edited by Brash_Endeavors