Sign in to follow this  
Oreo

Remove: [04:34:52] Your informers relay information that _______ has entered your territory.

+1

When I saw these messages I just facepalmed, why would something like this even get added >.>

• Like 3

The sad thing is it seems like it's actually been in for years, just broken xD

BUMP ###### REMOVE THIS

I've never been this frustated and upset about something ingame in Wurm, I literally don't think ever

This is so dumb and PEOPLE FROM EVERY KINGDOM/SIDE AGREE IT IS DUMB AND SHOULD BE REMOVED

I'm only being obnoxious and annoying over this because it's that insane of a mechanic

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 2

I dunno, I don't really think this is the worst mechanic.  In a way it encourages PvP because it lets you know that someone is in your area, and you can go out and find them.  On the other side though you could easily lead people into a trap by revealing one person in your territory, and have several back in the wings.  I think people really haven't utilized it as a trap, and just want it gone without taking advantage of it, but that's just my opinion.  I think really it can be utilized by both sides, defenders and attackers.  Overall metagame isn't the best for the game such as using rugs to check who was online (now removed), and fixing the server numbers somewhat, but there's still a few metagaming mechanics in the game.  

I think perhaps it could be reworked though to something less specific, but still provide an alert that could let others know there is PvP that is able to happen before just removing it all together.  I mean honestly towers are pretty useless, guards are rarely an issue for anyone, at least this provides a use to actually build and expand your land.

Just increase the tower bashing efficiency by like 200-300%? Should put it on par with the time it takes to build em.

Don't like the msgs? whack their towers.

Can't defend the bashing? Well then it's not really "your" territory, now is it?

Ontop of that, add a 1 or 2 min delay to the message.

Perhaps adding which of the 9 mission zones of the map involved would be neat too. (this means you know which of the 1.86 million tile zones the enemy is at.)

Then cluster togheter people entering the territory during the delay of the same kingdom and zone into one message while saving the first name.

example:

"Your Informers relay that a KINGDOM force lead by PLAYER has entered your territory in the AREA."

"Your Informers relay that a Roman Republic force lead by Zekezor has entered your territory in the north east."

Overall I don't really mind the feature, I just think it needs some fine tuning.

sidenote: in its current state its a bit iffy though.

Edited by Zekezor

On 12/9/2015 at 7:58 PM, vinius said:

Rolf took out player counts on epic for a reason. 

This makes an excellent point.

i like it. like zeke said though, needs some fine tuning, and maybe increase on bashing for towers. I dont know. haha.

I like the system as it makes use of having tower guards. They are pretty useless outside of that. I do think it does need a bit of fine tuning though. And it seems like often times people have learned how to avoid being seen. 

Those who are complaining just want what most people wanted that has killed many games... "The easy way" since they like to do stealth traps it makes it a bit more difficult now.

3 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

I like the system as it makes use of having tower guards. They are pretty useless outside of that. I do think it does need a bit of fine tuning though. And it seems like often times people have learned how to avoid being seen. 

Those who are complaining just want what most people wanted that has killed many games... "The easy way" since they like to do stealth traps it makes it a bit more difficult now.

Your kingdoms influence is literally not even a full local away from your 2 deeds that are stacked on each other.  This has almost no effect on your kingdom at all.  I don't know why you think your kingdom needs this.  It just lowers the chance for open field pvp.  I know that's scary for you, but you have to do it sometime.

Also on behalf of the newest Kingdom of Macedon.  We decline to be suggested as to the need of said mechanic.  Thank you for keeping new kingdoms in your thoughts.  As your veteran kingdom of a year surely will know what we shall have to go through.

8 minutes ago, thirtynine said:

Your kingdoms influence is literally not even a full local away from your 2 deeds that are stacked on each other.  This has almost no effect on your kingdom at all.  I don't know why you think your kingdom needs this.  It just lowers the chance for open field pvp.  I know that's scary for you, but you have to do it sometime.

Also on behalf of the newest Kingdom of Macedon.  We decline to be suggested as to the need of said mechanic.  Thank you for keeping new kingdoms in your thoughts.  As your veteran kingdom of a year surely will know what we shall have to go through.

If you actually worked for anything you currently have i might be willing to see your position. But since all you did was take what was already in place without any fight over it..

Yes it currently does not affect us, but it does affect us when we are out and about hunting and such. So not having it would help us just the same as having it. Along side of some others who have posted we can see both sides of the coin vs just one. The system is good and gives a purpose to wanting more influence it just needs to be tweaked.

Does anyone else just love how MaurizioAM will always deciline to see in any other way then his own. Seems he just thinks about what will further his kingdom then what will further the server. Stop being selifish please :)

+1 remove it.

Edited by Dskaggsgv
things about lel

3 hours ago, Dskaggsgv said:

Does anyone else just love how MaurizioAM will always deciline to see in any other way then his own. Seems he just thinks about what will further his kingdom then what will further the server. Stop being selifish please :)

+1 remove it.

Something left and tweaked to work that actually helps every other kingdom more then it helps us lol. Please stop fooling yourself to thinking im the one self centered.

it doesn't help anything lol it just kills roaming

it's not some magical thing that makes it "oh this person just entered our influence, yay we are making pvp", its people just don't even go if they will trigger this warning and they know the office checker is online

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

Something left and tweaked to work that actually helps every other kingdom more then it helps us lol. Please stop fooling yourself to thinking im the one self centered.

Doesn't seem any other kingdom wants it does it?

23 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

If you actually worked for anything you currently have i might be willing to see your position. But since all you did was take what was already in place without any fight over it..

Yes it currently does not affect us, but it does affect us when we are out and about hunting and such. So not having it would help us just the same as having it. Along side of some others who have posted we can see both sides of the coin vs just one. The system is good and gives a purpose to wanting more influence it just needs to be tweaked.

You don't even say how you would have it tweaked. You've literally said nothing in that whole page of waffle.

- 1 to the concept, I'd rather spend my time killing people who'd be more inclined to scout on mains when this message is removed 

Edited by Postinglels
Memes

Remove this, nerf tower bash notifications somehow and remove twitter, make the game good pls

• Like 3