Sign in to follow this  
Yarnball

Remove "flee" from passive creatures once branded/cared for

b13fcd868aae32a0c4459f39befee8c3.gif

They never ever.. ever stop moving unless you move out of range of them. They run around and pack the grass.. and if you don't pen then in 1x2 little pens they all flee and disease each other. I'm certain there are also some lag/fps benefits no not having them roam and roam and act like idiots for hours as well..

Edited by Yarnball
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Oreo said:

or just remove it

:   D

Flee or passive mobs? o.o

Sure, this would also help bison darting 100 tiles away the moment you unhitch them from your wagon (by accident)

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Yarnball said:

Flee or passive mobs? o.o

fleeeeeeeeeeee

maul to the knee or Ctrl-X from the code... your pick!

Remove it completely please it's not cute just annoying, especially hunting - you think you finally stumble upon some critters to kill and next thing you know they're all gone...

• Like 7

Don't even get me started on when trying to shear, milk, groom, or whatever.

Sure I can see the immersion value of animals not accustomed to people, I grew up around such behavior.

However, its equally immersive for animals, especially "domesticated", to be less likely to flee from caregivers who actually give care.

Overall let animals flee from people they associate as threats, and let them be less likely to run from non-threats.

EDIT: Also let the newborns gain this data from parents.

Granted more overhead for the game; though, I believe the burden would be well worth the reward.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 2

Ah, the days of chasing bison across the steppe! Would a compromise be removing fleeing from animals born in captivity? This would keep the more natural aspect of wild creatures being flighty but remove the peski running around in fenced areas.

• Like 6

Sometimes there is a fine line between 'natural' and 'not fun'

Only removing it from non wilds would have zero impact on me I don't breed my sheep/cows I just bring them home and I don't breed what im killing either there are already nerfs on that.

Just remove it completely

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Sometimes there is a fine line between 'natural' and 'not fun'

Only removing it from non wilds would have zero impact on me I don't breed my sheep/cows I just bring them home and I don't breed what im killing either there are already nerfs on that.

Just remove it completely

+1

I get a huge fserection when I run into a field of 50 bison, but by the time I kill one or two the rest have ran almost a local away.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Ah, the days of chasing bison across the steppe! Would a compromise be removing fleeing from animals born in captivity? This would keep the more natural aspect of wild creatures being flighty but remove the peski running around in fenced areas.

I like Sme don't have many bred animals that flee.. I believe most of them are wild ones I've just brought home.. thats why I had suggested in my title animals that are cared for or branded.. that way there's something in the code to trigger when they stop acting like idiots but for the few that enjoy chasing down passive critters.. they are still able to do so.

• Like 1

Even "wild" animals in Wurm could associate a player with food. Especially if you actually do spend a lot of time around and caring for them.

Granted beating the crap out of one with a shield may not be conducive to developing a trusting relationship.

...unless say Swedish trolls are into that kind of thing? :huh:

Edited by Klaa

+1000!!! No more 20 animals in a pile on 3 cornertiles just because your neighbour decided to log in and stay put for a few hours on his deed (or yourself for that matter, if you want to do something on one spot instead of roaming around the outlines of your deed all the time to keep dispersing them a bit). I think caring for or branding is a good way of doing it, but frankly I would think just being on deed-ground should allready lead to not fleeing anymore (after all even any real wild animal who ventures onto a deed must do that for a reason, very hungry or something... allready letting go of the fleeing-action because of a greater need, right?).

And if there is a really really compelling reason to not take it away, then at the very least make the fleeing stop as soon as they are lets say 10, at most 15 tiles away from you (don't make them run on endlessly once they start running, until they hit a fence, like now - 10 tiles distance and they go back to random wandering). So you can safely stand at a distance of 12 tiles from a fence without everything in there going berserk, and staying berserk until they all find those 3 tiles in the furthest away corner.

• Like 1

+1 yes please, dont care on deed, brand what ever keeps them from stacking and packing and getting each other sick.  **1 tile** packed in a 10x10 pen with 5 bison, i dont even have to say which one,

+1 Remove Flee from all animals. This would make those Bison good archery targets, help thin the non aggros and maybe we would get better aggro spawn ?

+1 Remove flee completely. It only ends up causing problems.

Just remove it from all animals, it's not AI, it's just stupid, it's like saying no stam animals on cliffs is "good ai", which is also something that should be removed.