Sign in to follow this  
Cayh

Bug: Body Strength Gain

So, about an hour ago from posting this, Iogged into my friend's server on my priest. We changed nothing in regards to skillgains or anything of the sort. I went to go butcher a nearby chicken because it was simply dead, waste not want not. Then... I gained 4.80 body strength from doing so, if this is coded rather closely to Wurm Online, you may wanna get on this and make sure it gets fixed. I suspect it MAY be the catchup of Body Strength my priest would have gotten if not for the penalties of body and mind gains from being a priest QsRX4Lj.pngpNIcZWF.png

Sorry for really shoddy looking post, I'm not a forum person.

Edit: This is also on Epic skill curve, if that's any help.

Edited by Cayh
Added more information.

Which mods are on the server if any, you shouldn't get skill ticks larger than 1.0 unless your skills are set by a gm or re premiuming

even with the extra skilll gain you can get from skill mod -- I have never gotten over 1.0 skill gain unless it was due to a gm grant.

There is no modifications to our server. This is Wurm Unlimited, so no, no re-premium. Yes I did try to replicate it with more butchering, re-logging and butchering, re-logging and trying other things that grant skillgains. I feel that it may have bugged out somehow, and entered the saved up body strength my priest missed out on due to penalties of being such. Though I don't understand how.

1 hour ago, Cayh said:

There is no modifications to our server. This is Wurm Unlimited, so no, no re-premium. Yes I did try to replicate it with more butchering, re-logging and butchering, re-logging and trying other things that grant skillgains. I feel that it may have bugged out somehow, and entered the saved up body strength my priest missed out on due to penalties of being such. Though I don't understand how.

Are you the admin of that server to know its not modded?   That looks like someone has messed with scripts.   Ive never had any issues with skill gains like this since I put the server up at release.   I have seen some mods (some of created on my own) that have caused weird issues though.    Also what mode is the server running in?   EPIC, Adventure, creative?    Need more information about how the skill gain is setup.    ie MODS :)

No I'm not the admin, but this is our own personal friend group. Again as it says, it's on Epic settings in regards to skill gains. There are NO MODIFICATIONS to the server, the code is what it is for everyone else who's playing the base game.