jeremybrown82

Centos 7 - Wurm Unlimited - Steam

I do this:

[localhostWurmLauncher]$ ./WurmLauncher 

I get this:

Starting: 
/home/user/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm Unlimited/WurmLauncher
Args: 1

Unable to find jvm.dll at specified location.
Failed to find jvm installation.

Here is my LaunchConfig.ini:

[Runtime]
OverrideDefaultJavaPath=true
JavaPath=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.65-2.b17.el7_1.x86_64/jre/bin
[Memory]
InitialHeap=512m
MaxHeapSize=2048m
[VMParams]
JvmParam0=-XX:+AggressiveOpts
JvmParam2=-Dglass.accessible.force=false

I'm on linux, and am not sure why it says missing jvm.dll. DLLs are for windows...

I ran into this as well and the 'jvm.dll' threw me for a loop too.  Had the same experience of it not using system JDK, even when asked to in the config.

I was able to get the sever running by explicitly using the JDK that comes with the server:

JavaPath=/home/steam/steamcmd/wurm-unlimited/runtime/jre1.8.0_60/lib/amd64/server

Be sure to replace '/home/steam/steamcmd/wurm-unlimited/' with the path to your WU install directory.

I recall some old threads about linux icedtea not working right for wurm and needing to get oracle java.

But I don;t know enough about Linix to know if this is related to your question.

some links if it is related (maybe it is not) 

Ubuntu based distros don't come with Oracle Java, but use Openjdk and IcedTea.

Since Wurm is written for Oracle Java there may be subtle differences that cause problems running some Java software.

As a Mint user I've never found any specific issues with Wurm Online, but installed Oracle Java anyway, there are a number of methods of doing this, which may depend on your particular distro, so your first port of call would be the forums or website for your distro, or you can try generic instructions for getting Oracle Java JDK/JRE working in your distro.

For non Ubuntu/Debian distros I can't tell if those will use Oracle or Openjdk, that'll depend on their commitment to Open Source software in those distros, since this is the primary reason for not using Oracle java.

Also, Ububtu 11.10 is quite old now, it might be a good idea to upgrade to a newer version, unless there are really good reasons not to, the instructions for getting Oracle Java Ubuntu 14.04 are here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/521145/how-to-install-oracle-java-on-ubuntu-14-04 which is the latest version of Ubuntu.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2015, 11:48:12, Sidereal said:

I ran into this as well and the 'jvm.dll' threw me for a loop too.  Had the same experience of it not using system JDK, even when asked to in the config.

I was able to get the sever running by explicitly using the JDK that comes with the server:

JavaPath=/home/steam/steamcmd/wurm-unlimited/runtime/jre1.8.0_60/lib/amd64/server

Be sure to replace '/home/steam/steamcmd/wurm-unlimited/' with the path to your WU install directory.

Thank you, it worked like a charm!

• Like 2