Sign in to follow this  
Mthec

[FINAL] Upkeep Costs

What does it do?

Allows you to change the costs associated with a deed.  You can change:

• Tile initial cost and upkeep
  • Perimeter initial cost and upkeep
  • Guard initial cost and upkeep (Epic/Challenge servers use separate values)
  • Minimum upkeep
  • How much extra money is added to the founding cost that is then added to upkeep
  • Name change cost

Requirements

ago's Mod Launcher

Instructions

• Download one of the zip files
  • Copy contents of zip into your Wurm Server directory:
  • Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm Unlimited/WurmServerLauncher or
  • Steam/steamapps/common/Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server

Settings

To change the settings you can either use the Server Launcher with the UI version, or edit some files.

Global:

<Your Wurm Server Directory>/mods/upkeepcosts/upkeepcosts.properties

Along with two extra lines for ago's Mod Launcher, this file contains the global values that will be used to create any new files.  Changes here will not be applied to any server that already has it's own settings file.

Per Server:

<Your Wurm Server Directory>/<ServerName>/mods/upkeepcosts/upkeepcosts.properties
e.g:
WurmServerLauncher/Adventure/mods/upkeepcosts/upkeepcosts.properties

This file contains settings that will only be loaded for the server whose folder it is in.  You can delete this file and it will be regenerated using the settings from the global file.

If you encounter any problems, let me know and I'll try to help.

Edited by Mthec
Update 1.3.9 and Final
  • Like 2

I run my server headless and call Ago's modlauncher on the server directly.   Do you support this?  

The one that works with Ago's Modlauncher seems to work just fine... I haven't made a deed with it yet, but it certainly doesn't crash. :P

EDIT: It actually shows the right numbers for what I changed (removed the minimum upkeep cost of 1 silver).

Edited by Llurendt

36 minutes ago, razoreqx said:

I run my server headless and call Ago's modlauncher on the server directly.   Do you support this? 

You'll want the one without the UI, but yes, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work if other mods do. 

At the moment the per server settings won't work, but I think I've just thought of a solution to that.  I'll look into it.

14 minutes ago, Llurendt said:

it certainly doesn't crash. :P

All any modder can hope to achieve?  :D

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Mthec and thank you for supporting the community!!  

Update

Per server settings now work with non-UI version.

Download

When I was getting ready to post this thread I could not think of a way to do it, then it just popped into my head.

Edited by Mthec
  • Like 1

for using this with the default settings of the properties file an 11x11 deed with 3 guards is going to be 1s 81c with a mere 54c 20i monthly upkeep. Awesome!!

but

[23:02:32] You do not have the required 4 silver and 81 copper available in your bank account.

It wants a 3s buffer extra in the bank. Is there any way to adjust that buffer?

Fantastic mod by the way.

tested and implemented on a headless server cluster... .   Working great!    

Thank you for the positive feedback.

12 hours ago, Crustyfoot said:

for using this with the default settings of the properties file an 11x11 deed with 3 guards is going to be 1s 81c with a mere 54c 20i monthly upkeep. Awesome!!

but

[23:02:32] You do not have the required 4 silver and 81 copper available in your bank account.

It wants a 3s buffer extra in the bank. Is there any way to adjust that buffer?

Fantastic mod by the way.

I'm having trouble reproducing this.  Firstly my values came out differently, which shows something is up, this is what I got with the default settings, an 11x11 deed, no perimeter and 3 non-epic guards:

Spoiler

upkeep_values.jpg

The values total up properly

One possible explanation is that you were trying some values out with the ui version, and then changed to a different server expecting it to discard those values.  If so, then the problem I noticed while looking into this may be to blame, and the update below should fix it.  Just delete any properties files in the server directories.

The only other thing I can guess at the moment is that you were looking at the top value, and missed the total with the guard costs included?  That still wouldn't account for the different values at the top though.

If neither of those apply, then if you could post back with a similar image or simply type the different values, and also check if the properties file for the server matches the values found here then I'll investigate further.  Sorry for any bother.

Update

Fixed any changed values being used instead of global values on new file creation in ui version.

No changes to non-ui version.

Download

Edit: Found a properties file inside of the map folder itself. maybe that's what was fixing the guard cost?

I will test it in couple hours when I get back.

wurm_20151205_1311.jpg

Notice at the bottom of form where it says the total purchase cost and after that what it wants you to have in the bank.

It wants 3 silver over the founding cost when my upkeep is only going to be 54c 20i a month. I was wondering if there was anyway now or in the future of this mod that we can edit that 3 silver buffer to be different.

So say in this example founding cost would be 1s 81c but only require you to have 200 copper over the founding cost to go into the upkeep coffer instead of 3 silver.

in case I want to set things up to not be so difficult for someone to save up 4 silver and 81 copper to get a basic deed but only something a little over 2 silver instead.

Not sure why my guard hire and guard upkeep is so low but it is what I would want. perhaps it is about as a gm you can set kingdom of the deed and yours is different.

This is using Dev GM and selecting Freedom isles on a freedom isles server non democracy and not permanent. Non UI version.

/upkeepcosts.properties/

classname=mod.wurmonline.mods.upkeepcosts.UpkeepCosts
classpath=upkeepcosts.jar

# Upkeep costs - in irons
tile_upkeep=20
tile_cost=100
perimeter_cost=50
perimeter_upkeep=5
minimum_upkeep=10000

# Values vary depending on server type:
# Normal
# Epic/Challenge
normal_guard_cost=20000
normal_guard_upkeep=10000
epic_guard_cost=30000
epic_guard_upkeep=30000

Edited by Crustyfoot
Added image

Ok. I have realized what you did for a per server properties. Now I can replicate exactly what you have in your post. No unexpected anomalies.

The question remains though, if we can adjust that buffer or what ever it is called requiring the 3 extra silver over cost to found the deed.

Actually, I am sorry for all the posts, I can not seem to change the normal guard cost and upkeep no mater what I do with the properties file in the maps folder. I have not tried changing other values because I don't do epic and I like the tile cost and upkeep just fine so I don't know if those settings are ignored or not.

this is the non ui version of the mod. I do use

I have edited the properties file in the server/creative/mods/upkeepcost/upkeepcost.properties

I do use jpiolho's mod manager gui though but have deleted the file that I had originally in the server/mods folder

I am going to get a fresh dedicated server and go from scratch with your GUI I guess. At this point I am a bit perplexed as to what is going on. It is like the mod will generate a default properties file in the servers map folder but wont read from it.

Ok I get it. You make changes to settings for what you want in the server/mods folder and then delete the settings in the map/mods folder so it regenerates your settings you want at server start.

Was a bit confused for a bit but I am fine now.

I couldn't seem to get your server launcher to work so I am back to jpiolho's mod manager gui as before and did what I mentioned above.

So now I just am wondering your thoughts on the excess upkeep buffer requirements.

I have monopolized this post enough. I will await your reply.

Update

New options - Into Upkeep and Name Change Cost

Download

On 05/12/2015, 21:03:05, Crustyfoot said:

I am sorry for all the posts

Don't worry about it, all the extra information was helpful in tracking down the cause.  So thank you.

Think I've sorted it all now.  I tried to take the clever route and although I learnt some new things it didn't pan out, so I went with the simpler option I probably should have started with.

I've added a new option for how much goes into upkeep, and I also found another value to play with on the way, the deed renaming fee.  Fingers crossed it should all work fine, either add the new options to the file, or delete the old files and they'll be recreated.  If I've got it worked out properly then if you don't add the values it will just use the defaults.

On 05/12/2015, 21:46:30, Crustyfoot said:

I couldn't seem to get your server launcher to work

The fun never ends!  ^_^

Please add a comment or use a better describing variable for into_upkeep=30000, I still don't know what that is…

I'm sorry, but you completely missed the point.
I know how money works, I don't know what "into_upkeep" means.

Although the mod works, the section regarding the guards doesn't.
Founding a deed with 3 guards, the upkeep cost and hiring feed is still the default value.

normal_guard_cost=200
normal_guard_upkeep=100
epic_guard_cost=300
epic_guard_upkeep=150

My server is Epic, hiring 3 guards is still 9 silver and so their upkeep.

Edited by Dzhalagash
Added info

29 minutes ago, Dzhalagash said:

Founding a deed with 3 guards, the upkeep cost and hiring feed is still the default value.

normal_guard_cost=200
normal_guard_upkeep=100
epic_guard_cost=300
epic_guard_upkeep=150

The into_upkeep is the extra charge added to the founding price of a deed.

the other thing is you are probably confused like I was about the properties file/ the properties file in the mods folder is sort of a template file. when you launch a server this mod creates a copy of the properties file in the mods folder into the map folder.

He did this so you could have different settings for every map you might want to play on. Trade off is you have to edit the properties file in the map folder or delete it so that it copies it from the mods folder.

26 minutes ago, Crustyfoot said:

the other thing is you are probably confused like I was about the properties file/ the properties file in the mods folder is sort of a template file. when you launch a server this mod creates a copy of the properties file in the mods folder into the map folder.

He did this so you could have different settings for every map you might want to play on. Trade off is you have to edit the properties file in the map folder or delete it so that it copies it from the mods folder.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Crustyfoot said:

Actually I went to the Wurm's Dedicated Server's folder (it's in a different machine), my save game name is "Kortu-Riab", and I looked into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Kortu-Riab\mods\upkeepcosts\, I modified also the file in that folder, restarted the server, and the guards cost is still bugged.

Ok to clarify with an example

Mods directory D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\upkeepcosts.properties

It reads from the mods directory as a default template and copies to the servers map directory only if it is missing in the servers map directory

the servers map  directory (this ones map directory is Creative)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Creative\mods\upkeepcosts\upkeepcosts.properties

this is where your server at launch reads your preferences if it is there or creates the default you have defined from the servers mods directory at server launch

So you are saying that you did indeed modify the properties file in the servers map folder that is named Kortu-Riab and it did not change?

I wonder if the mod might be having trouble with case sensitivity. No scratch that. Creative has an uppercase. I would not think it would have trouble with the - though. There must be something we are over looking.

I guess I will leave it up to Mthec to help you with this, I am sorry I could not help.

Edited by Crustyfoot
Added question and statement

Update

Fixed Epic guard costs not applying.

Added further comments.

Download

4 hours ago, Dzhalagash said:

Please add a comment or use a better describing variable for into_upkeep=30000, I still don't know what that is…

Sorry, I couldn't think up a name that was short but descriptive enough.  If anyone has a suggestion let me know.

So I've added extra comments to the .properties files to hopefully make things clear.  The per server files that are saved don't keep line comments and the order isn't set, so I've added a comment block to the top that explains the values.

3 hours ago, Dzhalagash said:

normal_guard_cost=200
normal_guard_upkeep=100
epic_guard_cost=300
epic_guard_upkeep=150

I hadn't tested Epic servers, sorry about that.  It seems the value used to set Epic guard costs are hard coded rather than taking the value I expected.  I've fix it now.

Edited by Mthec
Typo. Epic doesn't sever anything.

10 minutes ago, Crustyfoot said:

Ok to clarify with an example

Mods directory D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\upkeepcosts.properties

It reads from the mods directory as a default template and copies to the servers map directory only if it is missing in the servers map directory

the servers map  directory (this ones map directory is Creative)

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Creative\mods\upkeepcosts\upkeepcosts.properties

this is where your server at launch reads your preferences if it is there or creates the default you have defined from the servers mods directory at server launch

C:...\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Kortu-Riab\mods\upkeepcosts\upkeepcosts.properties

C:...\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Kortu-Riab\mods\upkeepcosts.properties

C:...\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\mods\upkeepcosts.properties
I also tried to delete C:...\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Kortu-Riab\ mods folder so the plug-in could create a new one.
My guard HIRE cost now is 3 copper, but UPKEEP is still 9 silver (should be 1 copper 50 iron). Still not working. This time the path must be correct.