Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Bring back top 5 new topics

I don't care if they keep the new feature list but i want the new post thing back for sure.

The more I come to the forum, the more I realize this is one of the worst changes lately.

It was always the first place i checked.. 

Please change it back

+1 I always found out about tons of new stuff from that alone, because I don't sift through certain sections it always drew me to them

For those of you who are missing the recent posts box you can head over here and create yourself a feed and customise it to your liking, i.e. ignore some forum sections and only look at others. Not a fix for the missing list, but still helpful nevertheless.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/discover/

• Like 1

Eh, but why is it simply not reverted back? Everyone already looks in the dev post list and the featured topic list is totally useless.. why not add the featured topic list BELOW the server status and add the new topic list above it? 

Yes please, every time I look on the forum and see Rolf as a post listed on the right side of the forum, I click it as I think he has made a new post.

+1, the new topics top 5 was a valuable "usa today" type quick glance helpful tool vs sifting through the entire menu of topics to see what is recently new.

1 hour ago, Marni said:

For those of you who are missing the recent posts box you can head over here and create yourself a feed and customise it to your liking, i.e. ignore some forum sections and only look at others. Not a fix for the missing list, but still helpful nevertheless.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/discover/

thank you Marni, however I am way too colorbind for this, like most of the rest of the forum everything is just light grey on lighter grey on white with some black text. Why are the colors so muddled on the forums?

+1 yes please. Maybe put more than five while you're at it!

Doesn't really matter to me as long as they also keep the featured threads as well.  I've often missed a new dev thread for a few days when some other one was hot in that forum (usually arguments going on), that people kept bumping so the newest one never showed on new topics.

It was useful before WU when everything was WO related.  But I can see that a lot of people liked the new topics. I have to admit that surprises me and I don't understand it's usefulness since there was no way to tell if it was WO or WU related. Even mouse-over didn't give the forum name.  So how was that a helpful section except for people who wanted to read both WO and WU and didn't care which it pertained to? 

I personally found it annoying and stopped even looking at it after enough times clicking ones that looked like they might, maybe, perhaps be about WO, only to find it was yet another WU thread with a misleading topic title. 

Edited by Amadee

On my phone so can't see if this has been added already so I'll +1 anyway