Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #88 Going up?

On 12/4/2015, 7:13:19, Retrograde said:

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

So half of a good thing?  I guess half is better than none.  <_<

21 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

I can see the problem the devs see with adding this feature to the leveling and flattening processes. It would allow you to start a leveling action and then walk away from the computer and you would potentially be able to perform 100 actions without looking at the computer again. I personally feel that leveling already makes terraforming very easy and I don't think this new feature needs to be added to it.

I should probably test this first, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Stamina is the limiting factor here.  The same thing that limits how long you can level mine floors, but I'm sure everyone that has leveled mine floors were 100% focused on their monitors for every exciting second.  -_-

• Like 2

Eeeeyy devs, how about instead of posting pvp recruitment video's,  you instead look at the imbalances inherent in Wurm pvp.

Like being able to spell spam people to death with BL spells. Needs fixing.

24 minutes ago, Redd said:

Change kingdom then if that's the absolute worst thing about wurm pvp. Or we can look at population caps and control or any number of other issues including spell spam, cr stacking, sorcery, mediation path ('s but who am I kidding Ahhhhhhaaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhhaaa) , deed spam, crit stacking,  Dr stacking and probably a few other honourable mentions that others can fill in

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Redd said:

Here we go again lol, they are not spammable anymore, their power decreases, there is cool down on spells now. There wer many fixes last year when BL was waterdancing with JK on epic.

If u dont know what u talk about Redd, just dont speak. 

• Like 8

well the new stairs look nice, but can we have other types of stairs as well, like stone stairs

Going up!

Edited by Klaa

3 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Here we go again lol, they are not spammable anymore, their power decreases, there is cool down on spells now. There wer many fixes last year when BL was waterdancing with JK on epic.

If u dont know what u talk about Redd, just dont speak. 

Tell me then how a sotg player dies to spells in under 2mins.... 

The irony of your last bit kek

16 minutes ago, Redd said:

Most accounts die in close range under 2 mins

Edited by Postinglels
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Redd said:

so you confirm sotg is op . no one should live for close to 2 minutes when you have that many people on you

make your mind up buddy

or do these rules only take place when its mr hehe

• Like 1

I love those upcoming stair options!  Pushing a couple staircases to the left is going to be great for one of my house designs :) .  Will be fun to think about how to use that spiral staircase too!

The changes to dirt make sense.  It's not really changing a mechanic since the same effect could easily be achieved before, but rather streamlining it.  Perhaps a good example of player-made mods in WU offering good proof-of-concepts for WO, and powers that be appropriately taking the time to figure out the proper implementation for WO(whether you agree with it or not, thought was evidently put into it)?  Hope we'll continue to see more cross-platform cooperation like that :) .  Seems like that could really move the schmilblick along!  Well done folks.

So digging same as mining is only be PARTIALLY implemented. Why? Why not make it exactly like the mod and include leveling and flattening instead of just digging. Partial implementation has been a thorn in the butt in this game since forever. Get some balls and do it right or don't do it at all. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 12/4/2015, 11:36:09, SmeJack said:

At that point we may as well not even be playing if it's just gonna play itself

In other words click click click click click click click is preferable and makes the game better? LMAO

I've used this mod and it's a great mod when used in it's totality. It does not break the game. It saves from breaking the mouse and hands. Digging is one of the most used functions in this game. Why not help people out and reduce repetitive stress injuries. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I used my amazing MS paint skills to illustrate 3 different staircases I would like to see added, the L shape and U shape require a landing, and to complicate things there must be a right and left style to suit all occasions.

I realize its a ton of work for so many extra models and do appreciate what we have and will be getting soon. I think this would really open up possibilities with building though.

za3JXp7.png

reposting for visibility, these are very good ideas/concept

• Like 1

Please remove video for kingdom publicity from weekly news !

Or add one for the BEST KINGDOM ever : MOL REHAN !!

11 hours ago, Roysta said:

Please remove video for kingdom publicity from weekly news !

Or add one for the BEST KINGDOM ever : MOL REHAN !!

please stop overreacting

• Like 1

You didn't see JK complaining about a loss for them being on the preview for WU.  However every MR comes out of the woodworks crying about a forums post that promote a kingdom who needs players.  While theirs is already over 2/3rds of the active population on Chaos.  Poor sports on their part.

• Like 5

On 12/4/2015, 2:47:55, hemrzz said:

When will we be adding the Cloth items promised like 10 patches ago.. you had the pic go up for them and i seen them get added when patching.. still don't show in game

Devs are funny:} How they kicking around and they are unable to implement what they wrote in pass changes. Also nahjo changes seem same as before. Its nice theater to suck some money from decaying wurm. They broke comunity rules by their behaviour. They play on big bosses kick many players and now comunity kick them. I love to see coming justness

Edited by ftoz

We all have that one special tool or weapon that we treasure above all else, what is your prized possession

A sextant.

My rare long sword. I named it Shenqie which is the Chinese word for soul slicer. 

• Like 1

Question of the week

We all have that one special tool or weapon that we treasure above all else, what is your prized possession?

My fountain pan

On 12/5/2015, 2:27:15, JakeRivers said:

I used my amazing MS paint skills to illustrate 3 different staircases I would like to see added, the L shape and U shape require a landing, and to complicate things there must be a right and left style to suit all occasions.

I realize its a ton of work for so many extra models and do appreciate what we have and will be getting soon. I think this would really open up possibilities with building though.

za3JXp7.png

You mean something like this? Dwm%202015-07-21%2021-25-35-29_zpspmnkjg

Not trying to be a Dic but would love to see some gratitude thrown toward any mod or mod piece you use in WO. You know at least mention there name for doing it before You guys a CC decided to add it to WO. I haven't seen this mentioned yet but I do know CC never mentioned they would be doing this till after the fact a moder done it. It would be a good time for CC to release any thing they plan on doing from this point out now the moding community are moding WU.

Just saying I'd like to see the guy get his name mentioned at least for doing it first.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎33‎:‎39‎, Alexgopen said:

my mod :D

And a very excellent mod it is. No reason to limit its implementation in WO.

Hopefully after the Devs half arse it, you'll be able to make it work again :)

58 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

Not trying to be a Dic but would love to see some gratitude thrown toward any mod or mod piece you use in WO. You know at least mention there name for doing it before You guys a CC decided to add it to WO. I haven't seen this mentioned yet but I do know CC never mentioned they would be doing this till after the fact a moder done it. It would be a good time for CC to release any thing they plan on doing from this point out now the moding community are moding WU.

Just saying I'd like to see the guy get his name mentioned at least for doing it first.

Did you already make a mod for this type of stairs? Actually that could meet the requirements for tight spots, but the L shape is less twisty.

Looks cool anyways.