Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #88 Going up?

3 hours ago, Rolf said:

Changed the date! I had caused some confusion in the other thread. It's on Tuesday, people - not Thursday!

Why not use the new chat in this forum?

I don't have that fancy IRC!

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory.

200.gif

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 2

I can build my wizard tower to rule the land now! :o

33 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Why not use the new chat in this forum?

I don't have that fancy IRC!

If you play wurm you do

open console (F1) type irc

bam winning

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

add dirt drop for leveling down too, please.

At that point we may as well not even be playing if it's just gonna play itself

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

If you play wurm you do

open console (F1) type irc

bam winning

wurm has irc!

amazing

1 hour ago, Brunwulf said:

add dirt drop for leveling down too, please.

and fully automate improving as well please
/s

1 hour ago, Stik said:

and fully automate improving as well please
/s

You can't even compare the two.

You still have to more from tile to tile and repeat the action after running out of stam.

3 hours ago, conmcb25 said:

Please don't bother unless you include leveling and flattening. You will mess up a perfectly good mod for WU, that make terraforming a much more pleasant and much less "clicky" experience.

It won't be that hard to fix anything that gets broken in WU modding. It is a good thing that WO is taking ideas and modded features from WU. It will likely always work like this because WO developers have their own ideas on specifics so any features inspired by WU will likely not work exactly like they do in WU.

Spiral staircase... oO I'm amazed.
This is awesome. Keep up the good work! :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IcarustheGreat said:

I wonder how many more changes are going to come from wurm unlimited mods.

I wouldn't mind if they added the "lead all lead able animals over water" mod to wo .

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

my mod :D

• Like 1

Thanks in advance for the new stairs! :D

Any chance we can get right and left hand doors as well? Or some kind of rail at the open side of the stairs to keep us from falling off the upper floor trying to get to the stairs.

Will there ever be stair steps and rails made of anything other than wood? 

Thanks

Q

• Like 1

From Warlander it sounded like the more amusing bugs with sitting were when taking the chair, while in use, was allowed.

Especially if one threw the chair.

Not sure if anyone tried catapulting the chair while a player was sitting in it. Not that its possible now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

I can see the problem the devs see with adding this feature to the leveling and flattening processes. It would allow you to start a leveling action and then walk away from the computer and you would potentially be able to perform 100 actions without looking at the computer again. I personally feel that leveling already makes terraforming very easy and I don't think this new feature needs to be added to it.

Your still limited by your body stamina, again how does making people empty their inventory add difficulty, as far as walking away from their computer your talking 3 -5 minutes, who in this game isn't paged out occasionally during queued actions?

Drudgery doesn't always equal difficulty.

• Like 2

The "lights" turning off and on, i.e. sudden night and daytime on Xanadu, is still happening. Happened at two different times for me today. If that's the time getting out of hand bugfix they were referencing.

Edited by Araninke

Came hoping for magic elevators

Was pleasantly surprised anyway

What else can this 2.867-D universe accomplish?

Love the addition of the spiral staircase, can we get this soon, pretty please. Saves my stairwell from being 7 tiles to by the looks of it only 1 tile which is awesome. While you are at it maybe could you add narrow windows, oriels and barred walls with a trim option, like the pliers on existing walls and windows.

• Like 1

Great staircases!  As for the digging it def needs to be applied for leveling and flattening adding it to just the dig is a waste really.  Seen some posts about if it was added you could simply walk away and level forever which you could not.  But a little more importantly posted was a please do not do this as it will screw up a mod for WU....Any updates hopefully will not take alot of weight into what will affect a mod in WU, simply redo you mod after an update.

I love the spiral staircase, we do however need a L shape or U shape winder set for tight corners, L shape would be a great addition in my opinion

I used my amazing MS paint skills to illustrate 3 different staircases I would like to see added, the L shape and U shape require a landing, and to complicate things there must be a right and left style to suit all occasions.

I realize its a ton of work for so many extra models and do appreciate what we have and will be getting soon. I think this would really open up possibilities with building though.

za3JXp7.png

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 2

If you add media for one kingdom, i suggest you do so for all kingdoms, otherwise "some" might get very mad.