Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

News #88 Going up?

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Did you already make a mod for this type of stairs? Actually that could meet the requirements for tight spots, but the L shape is less twisty.

Looks cool anyways.

It's not a mod just a model I worked on. It's just another model in my machine I been working to bring ideas to reality. It is a U shaped stair case that basically uses 2 tiles only for going up and down a building rather than 4 tiles like the existing stair case we have now. I figured I'd post it to help bring more light to one of your drawings.

Looks good, didn't catch the 2 tile size though, it would be doable I think to fit it into just one tile, like a single door anything can pass through it.

7 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Looks good, didn't catch the 2 tile size though, it would be doable I think to fit it into just one tile, like a single door anything can pass through it.

It is 1 tile. I wasn't clear when I said 2 tiles. Right now the stiars in the game needs a tile before and after the stair tile to function right. My model took one tile and made a U shape so the 2nd tile I speak of is the once you step on to get off the one tile stairs. Was just looking for the model but must have deleted it you can see it on my youtube video I made it shows it better and what I was doing when I was hoping the dev's would take the idea and make one for WO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d78TYlqlyXY

On 12/6/2015, 12:20:24, Redd said:

Tell me then how a sotg player dies to spells in under 2mins.... 

The irony of your last bit kek

Maybe the people against those BL players didn't know how to use their fo priests? Full heal is a thing for boat pvp you know. More people spamming spells on 1 guy is completely fair, just like more people spamming heal on 1 guy on boat. 

My Island castle deed is going to look so awesome, stairs galore! :D

After having built a few sets of the spiral stairs, the need for L and U shape types is not really needed anymore, would be nice for the options, but I can live without them as the new stairs make tight spots very easy to manage now.

It's all great, but after a long day of digging, walking up a set of stairs is the LAST thing I want to do. I will wait till elevators come in.

On 12/4/2015 at 7:13 AM, Retrograde said:

Question of the week

We all have that one special tool or weapon that we treasure above all else, what is your prized possession?

Hmmm...I'd have to say my Caravel The Singularity, or my rare meditation rug.

On 04.12.2015 at 4:13 PM, Retrograde said:

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

Ahem. Retrograde?

On 12/4/2015 at 7:13 AM, Retrograde said:

Digging!

Another upcoming change will be that digging will now work similar to mining, with the dirt appearing on the tile, as opposed to into your inventory. This will only be for digging, and levelling/flattening will continue to work as it does currently.

@Retrograde@Keenan Soon?

Edited by polarbear
  • Like 8

At first i was gonna ask why the hell you'd bump this. Then i laughed.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, polarbear said:

Soon?

So ya, it seems I must be bugged cause for whatever reason my guy still loves to fill his pockets with dirt while digging. xP

• Like 2

It's not a simple change, and is still in the works, but there's a few back end bugs that need addressing first, which is why it has been delayed.

As much as i'm certain you're correct  because...why would you lie. This begs the question why was this announced as something coming soon? Either it was always difficult to do and a WiP which means it shouldn't have been announced as coming soon. Or it's simple and was rightfully stated as something that could ccome soon. Not this odd middle ground surely?

Confused a little myself, it was pretty much added to WU day 2 or so.

So much of the code delving is taken as gospel that what you see on WU applies here, if that were so it would seem a done deal.

It was a done deal until we found some issues that it was causing with the way dirt was handled, which is the delay.

Wurm Unlimited mods have a lot more freedom when it comes to issues like this, and wurm unlimited servers also have an infinitely smaller item count so you wind up with less issues the much larger wurm online databases encounter.

It's a pain, and I cannot wait to see it come in, I will gladly keep you all updated on any news that comes in on it

• Like 1

Dont'cha just hate when that happens?

Think you're all ready to go, paperwork is filed, and the permits are paid for... and there's an unknown, unmapped utility line running right through the work site.

Or an ancient burial site is dug up.

• Like 1