Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

Labyrinth / Maze Event. - Xanadu - January 9 at 4:00PM UTC

Will the teleport at the xanadu impalong location be reenable?

There is no easy way to change the maze unfortunately... It should be confusing enough to level the playing field if it is working correctly (which so far it seems to be), especially considering it's size. 

Even if it's not, It's as level of a playing field as i can make it without scrapping the entire thing and starting from scratch, and we just don't have another 200+ hours to put into it. lol.

(I started designing the rough layout back at the end of september)

There are a number of side things to find as well, Those have changed somewhat, and some more have been added as well. 

and yes, the impalong teleport will be active as well. 

• Like 2

Looks like good fun but sadly the lag and microfreezes sucked all the fun out for me. I hope others have a good time with it.

This was pretty great, many thanks for the event :D

Loved the maze. Well thought out and I ended up lost alot lol

Great view though, wish I took screen shots

SO, 12 hours after the start, a couple of chests remain, there are still a lot of people prowling the corridors, and I am going to bed.

Some crazy folks were not content with merely getting to the end, they had to go back in and explore every nook and cranny to make sure they didn't miss anything...

I love you guys,., you're all nuts, but i love you anyhow.

• Like 7

Thank you for another great event, Spent 99% of my time in there dazed and confused but made a nice change from the grind and was very enjoyable.

Very entertaining! For those interested this was the loot haul for completion. Not sure what the grand prizes got different.

fcc66d088f.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Very entertaining! For those interested this was the loot haul for completion. Not sure what the grand prizes got different.

fcc66d088f.jpg

Nice shield Aeryck that was a first find reward I believe not everyone got that.

3 hours ago, spellcast said:

SO, 12 hours after the start, a couple of chests remain, there are still a lot of people prowling the corridors, and I am going to bed.

Some crazy folks were not content with merely getting to the end, they had to go back in and explore every nook and cranny to make sure they didn't miss anything...

I love you guys,., you're all nuts, but i love you anyhow.

Someone else went and got them all too? :D

Went to sleep last night  with half of maze  finished. Logged in today and done rest but, sadly, all chests with prizes were already taken.

Won a bunch of nice items along the exploring and can say  that this treasure hunt was amazing !

Big thanks to all involved in creating this event !

I was very impressed with the effort that went into this maze, it was huge, complex and had loads of character... some of the little messages here and there were very entertaining... especially the tomb robbing lol.  A Big back slap for the team behind this, it was clearly a labour of love and well worth waiting for.  /salute  

Anyhoo, I bailed somewhere I guess was almost half way through from what I gather from friends (I just don't have the patience for backtrack challenges), but it was fun whilst my patience lasted and I will treasure my silver yoyo and other trinkets!

And grats to everyone who completed it, you crazy fools you.

This event was pretty enjoyable in a harrowing, wanting-to-pull-my-hair-out kind of way!

Toward the end, I had to get back to one puzzle solution whose location I knew, then back through a door I had opened previously and whose location I had forgotten. At this point, my bucket of water (and waterskin of wine!) were empty, so I was at 10% water or so. I essentially had to finish crawling on my hands and knees, which was appropriately dramatic. I was even using sleep bonus for stamina gain, at that point.

Good to hear its back up. Hopefully it runs smoother and the main kinks are worked out.

Sadly I was not able to make it due to work... ah well at least I can browse the internet. :ph34r:

Love mazes too. Both walking em and the designs involved :(

Edited by Klaa

Are all the end prizes taken now?  Is there any reason to finish (at this time)?

Edited by ClericGunem

ClricGunem:

While all of the 30 prize chests have been claimed:

Everyone who reaches the end gets a couple of awards, and there are multiple things to find within the maze itself that everyone can get...

If your ONLY goal was to get one of the main prize chests, then no, you probably don't need to finish... 

Otherwise, feel free to continue exploring and looking around.

Klaa - The maze will be left up and running for at least a month, feel free to swing through and challenge yourself in its twisted corridors.

• Like 1

I forgot I'm terrible at mazes :), but I had fun anyway! I plan on coming back and getting lost again, now that it will be a bit less laggy. Great job, Wurm team. 

23 minutes ago, spellcast said:

ClricGunem:

Everyone who reaches the end gets a couple of awards, and there are multiple things to find within the maze itself that everyone can get...

If your ONLY goal was to get one of the main prize chests, then no, you probably don't need to finish... 

Klaa - The maze will be left up and running for at least a month, feel free to swing through and challenge yourself in its twisted corridors.

Sorry, i meant is there is there any reason to hurry as in no longer a race for grand prizes...  The maze is awesome dont get me wrong, dont really care about the prizes, but i was interested in the challenge and competition which clearly the latter is over.  Honestly if i had known people would finish so quick i would have done things differently, i will know better next time

Yes i will finish, but i opened 17 doors on alt while making coal piles, which I suppose was first hint there would be no grand prizes for me as i was not taking serious enough if i wanted one.  And while maze is cool the lack of competition kinda sucked wind out of my sails; would have been better if had not looked at this thread

I cannot find rule now about alts finishing?  Now that i have gone through so much with alt, which i was just going to get half path with alt and finish with main..is it against the rules to finish with both if i finish with alt now and come back on main in couple weeks when maze is fresh/forgotten?  

My previous kudos still standing, the only thing I thought would have been useful is if the doors could have been identified after we unlocked them.  So if there is ever another one of these, please consider adding that if possible.

2 hours ago, spellcast said:

ClricGunem:

Ah nice... I was just going to ask if it was going to be a semi-permanent feature.

Especially after the work put into it :P

Now while I wasnt there, I heard good things. Also a dramatic re-enactment of the GMs during the maze run:

150916-news-colbert.jpg

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the fun and the cool trinkets all over the maze, this was an exciting night for me and a really nice reason to forget about tending those fields for some time:P

After the first launch of The Hunt i realised just how bad i was at labyrinths, riddles, mapping and drawing, so.. i made a map and i feel like it has to be here as a reminder of insane dedication of those who made through the maze holding all this in their heads. So i present you the Glorious Hunt Map:

Spoiler

OMeLcaY.jpg

Spoiler

MARSBdd.jpg

It is almost complete. Yes, it did help me navigate through the maze without much effort until the moment when i was too tired to look at it. Yes, it can be read :lol:

Spoiler

Salute and thanks to Rexx and Kekstier who made this adventure many times more fun for me ;)

Spoiler

What did you expect, Ostentatio, a proper blueprint? :D

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ClericGunem said:

I cannot find rule now about alts finishing?  Now that i have gone through so much with alt, which i was just going to get half path with alt and finish with main..is it against the rules to finish with both if i finish with alt now and come back on main in couple weeks when maze is fresh/forgotten?  

The only rule concerning alts we normally have on the hunts is not to run a second account through after the first one has completed it just to get a second prize chest.. Since all the prize chests are gone, feel free to poke around with whatever account(s) you like.

• Like 1

That map is the perfect example of when you just want to get something done in a haze of perverse determination. You definitely earned your prizes.

Also, I was trying to figure out what was on the other side of the paper, then realized it was in Cyrillic. Curses!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bosh said:

My previous kudos still standing, the only thing I thought would have been useful is if the doors could have been identified after we unlocked them.  So if there is ever another one of these, please consider adding that if possible.

I actually went back over the course of the day yesterday and added an examine to the sign by the doors to repeat the clue for players even after the door itself had been solved.

• Like 6

It was really interesting to try and figure out what door you'd gone through by what rooms you were passing, especially 2 or 3 previously locked doors down the line early on in the day. The renamed signs were a life saver :)