Sign in to follow this  
JoTheBard

Suggestion - Lanterns in trees - light sources relative to local co-ordinates of models

I've a suggestion for implementing lanterns in trees.

This would require light sources to be positioned relative to the local co-ordinates of the tree models.

If this is possible, it would also be possible to attach light sources to parts of other moving models, such as boat masts (as suggested by ElvenElder here:   http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135201-attach-light-sources-on-vehicles-cartswagonsboats/#comment-1385835

Lights could also be attached to swinging shop signs, or a new swinging lantern made if and when our good artist friends have time.

Torches could be held in the hands of players too, as well as magic light sources, candles on miners hats, you name it.

Just an idea, please add your ideas for local-co-ordinate and model relative light sources. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Honestly, not sure about lanterns in trees (fire hazard and all...lol), but I like the idea of your other options :) +1 from me!

you can push a regular brass lamp into a tree an get it shiny XD (just a workaround)

+1