Sign in to follow this  
juliarq123

How To create a Creature lair

2 hours ago, Drpox said:

could it be there is already a greenish deer spawn in existence on your server or like on my server, i had a black dragon hatch-ling spawner, and the other colors.  Turns out 4 of them spawned like 5 each before i had to kill the lair off. The black one has only spawned one and hasn't spawned another.

We could be running into a den/lair/trashpile part of the code that might cause conflicts with having extras or even having the eligibility for greenish deer and dogs.  I cant say the same for unicorns cuz i did make one myself that is working but alot slower than I liked. 

The hardened creatures lairs I have created seem to spawn like crazy.

You can only have one type of creature on your server at a time? aka, only one greenish uni lair ect

ok, just made a red dragon lair. and its spawned 3 so far. within seconds. i will duplicate the stats i did. except for what the animal is ofc. and see if it works

52 minutes ago, butterflygirl25 said:

ok, just made a red dragon lair. and its spawned 3 so far. within seconds. i will duplicate the stats i did. except for what the animal is ofc. and see if it works

Lol wow 3 red dragons, I've already been ganked on my own server farming in the middle of my deed by a white dragon. 

ya i noticed a fourth, so i deleted the spawn, and the dragons. they were too close to my deed. i didnt feel safe. i will add them again faaaar away from my deed lol

Edit: still having trouble with the other spawns, only ones that have worked so far are deer, dragon, and hell horse. which arent spawning much at all. i am trying different kinds

Edited by butterflygirl25

ive gotten good results with brown bear, lava spider, and unicorn spawns

if you have same lair the raito of spaning is generated by that of the ingame lair to that of GM lair made by ratio of 12-1 ratio tried it with gm made lair next to an exsisting lair .. the exisiting lair spawned 12 more than gm made one.,  so yes does effect spawn rate.

We need to add this data to the wiki, if anyone has access please create the relevant wiki pages

Can anyone confirm that 4 is slow? i have a slow troll mound. i have two mounds one is Aux 4 the other is a raging one, in fact is 4 as well. so not sure whats up there. both are spawning, one more then the other #overrunwithtrolls

confirmed it my self:

4 is slow,

3 is raging

so no wonder why i have more trolls then i know what to do with. i have two slow spawns. and one raging right next to my deed

Edited by butterflygirl25

after a very extensive experiment . I think i beleive i figured how the spawns work as in spawning mobs. now agressive creatures was set at 0% and creatures set to 0 on brand new island i set up. so nothing spawned creature wise . did this for 3 maps test 1 test 2 test 3 . now first test i then set agresive creatures to 100 and amount to 1000 and had 4 lairs set upon one single island.  waited waited waited for ages about 7 days until i spawned somthing.  did same thing test 2 test 3 and results varied ,,, from  day 1 until day 7 infact so i beleive there is a complete randomness o upon spawn on general mapos. Let me explain further. Test 1 -3 was on the map provided with wurm unlimited.

I did same test with a made map small island 1024 x 1024  hardly any land  3 tests same tests .. Now result was amazing as i onoly create 10 lairs and check the island before setting creatures agresive to 25% and 10k creatures that there was no other lairs but those i created. And guess what the 10 lairs i created was flush with hundreds and hundreds of creatures i would say about 2.5 k worth other 7.5 k was random all over island and were non agressive creatures .. the lairs were set at trolls and goblins.   And thats all i got was goblins and trolls that were agressive type animals .. noears no other animal and i did test this 4 times to ensure i was not dreaming seemed to work out same result each time ... 

LOL  I was planning on making a whole castle with a couple of zombie spawners

On 12/3/2015 at 5:47 AM, juliarq123 said:

firstly i made the local server game stats different. first upped the creature aggressive to 99%. . then amount creatures to 1000..  Then loaded up the server after saving local details. Logged in my GM avatar. created a lair. To create a lair simply go to create type in lair in search comes out with lair (birchwood) click the lair birchwood and create a lair . Pops into your inventory. Drop this lair on ground. Then manage the lair (under item) set to not decay (important you do this else den wont spawn i found )  Then go to item again set the aux data. 

• Is the "not decay" setting the same as "no destroy/bash"? (I can't find a "not decay").
  • Does it matter if it's not birchwood?
  • Does rarity affect anything?
  • Do you need to restart the server to get the new lair to spawn creatures.  For some reason mine are not spawn anything. :-(  Could that be that I'm trying to spawn skeletons and zombies?
Edited by Lichbane

I think skeleton and zombies are only spawned by a priest spell. EDIT: Apparently I was incorrect in this.

Edited by Romen

On 27/03/2016 at 9:28 PM, Romen said:

I think skeleton and zombies are only spawned by a priest spell.

Bummer. :-(

On 3/27/2016 at 4:56 PM, Lichbane said:

• Is the "not decay" setting the same as "no destroy/bash"? (I can't find a "not decay").
  • Does it matter if it's not birchwood?
  • Does rarity affect anything?
  • Do you need to restart the server to get the new lair to spawn creatures.  For some reason mine are not spawn anything. :-(  Could that be that I'm trying to spawn skeletons and zombies?

skeletons and zombies work , its just not instant, im finding it better to find a natural lair and then just set data, then kill a few things around the area and it starts popping out the new spawn right away, i think then u could teleport that ten smoewhere and make it indistructable

having trouble getting greenish skeletons they seem to die right away but normal ones are alive

and zombies are wierd on my server graphics wise, not sure if its just me or im not hots or what tho,

made alot of greenish stuff , greenish anacondas are scary big, or proper size :P

death crawlers also cool

wish we could have more cnotrol over it tho

106 rift beast

107 rift jackal

108 rift ogre

109 rift warmaster

110 rift caster

111 rift ogre mage

112 rift summoner

Has anyone worked this out yet so a mod to craft various lairs can be written?

I'd like to see a mod that allows us to actually craft certain lairs such as cows, Bison, horses and such for general use.

On 7/2/2016 at 6:14 AM, Tryst said:

Has anyone worked this out yet so a mod to craft various lairs can be written?

I'd like to see a mod that allows us to actually craft certain lairs such as cows, Bison, horses and such for general use.

you just create a lair with your gm wand , special>create>lair - birchwood

drop the lair the use the wand and select item>setdata  then in the first box put the number for the animal you want (the list is on the first page in the second post)

leave the second box to -1

then set AUX DATA to a number between 0-10 which will make then greenish or whatever you like (that list also in the second post)

this way you can get greenish pigs cows,hell horses ect

right click the lair again with the wand and item>manage restrictions , make sure no one can destroy it/move it etc

after a few hours your lair will start spawning the creatures, you dont even need to restart your server, additionally you can kill a few other mobs in the area to speed things up

I know this is an old topic but.... has anything changed with this? I've followed the steps and no matter how much I push or pull gently the name never changes to what the creature that should be spawning is, let alone spawning anything. Been messing with it for two and a half hours without any luck.

Image of settings:

https://ibb.co/j3dLPq7

Edited by crystaltears83
Added image

On 1/18/2022 at 1:27 AM, crystaltears83 said:

I know this is an old topic but.... has anything changed with this? I've followed the steps and no matter how much I push or pull gently the name never changes to what the creature that should be spawning is, let alone spawning anything. Been messing with it for two and a half hours without any luck.

Image of settings:

https://ibb.co/j3dLPq7

Try setting temperature to 0, then pushing the lair again.

If that doesn't work, you probably need to increase your creature count.

Yeah I changed my temperature to 0 and set creature count up to 40k, still doesn't change the name or spawn anything when I push it. Not sure what's going on. 😕