Sign in to follow this  
juliarq123

How To create a Creature lair

well after long extensive searching on web some had no idea how to create lairs for their worlds well i asked and no one could answer me. After hours of playing around i stumbled across how you make creature lairs however which type i only know of two types i created rest youll have to mess around with to figure how to make a particular type den you seek ..

firstly i made the local server game stats different. first upped the creature aggressive to 99%. . then amount creatures to 1000..  Then loaded up the server after saving local details. Logged in my GM avatar. created a lair. To create a lair simply go to create type in lair in search comes out with lair (birchwood) click the lair birchwood and create a lair . Pops into your inventory. Drop this lair on ground. Then manage the lair (under item) set to not decay (important you do this else den wont spawn i found )  Then go to item again set the aux data. 

DATA 1  = 11

DATA 2 = 11

AX DATA = 1

DAMAGE = 0

TEMPERATURE = 20

with this set now log out close server down

then go back to server local set creatures to 2000

then save and start server

log in as gm and go where you lay the den and viola your den should read den blah blah troll

you created a troll den congrats

trolls will spawn from this den its very slow but they will spawn i had 3 spawn in a hour might be different for others but it does work.

for black wolf dens data

DATA 1 = 10

DATA 2 = 10

AUX DATA  = 1

DAMAGE =0

TEMPERATURE = 10

DRAGONS

DATA1=16-19

DATA2=16-19

AUX DATA =1

DAMAGE =0

TEMPERATURE=200

hope this helps you all

IMPORTANT NOTE := READ THE DEN NAME IF IT HAS NOT GOT NAME OF A CREATURE WITHIN THE NAME OF THE DEN THEN IT WILL NOT SPAWN ANY CREATURES.

ALSO NOTE SETTING AUX DATA TO 3 WILL MAKE A DEN OF HUMANS 

jULIA

Edited by juliarq123
  • Like 3

Some more findings from natural spawns

Okay when you create a den drop it, Set data 1 and aux data as per the below spoilers then right click the den and gently push or pull.  Mouse over the den and it will tell you the name of the creature that it will spawn.

Data 1 seems to set creature spawn: CREATURE LIST IN SPOILER BELOW

Spoiler

1 human

2 Joethestupe

3 brown cow

4 nothing

5 nothing

6 nothing

7 guard tough

8 guard brute

9 salesman

10 Black Wolf

11 Trolls

12 Brown Bear

13 Rat

14 Mountain Lion

15 Wildcat

16 Red Dragon

17 Green dragon hatchling

18 black dragon hatchling

19 white dragon hatchling

20 forest giant

21 Unicorn

22 kyklops

23 Goblin

24 nothing

25 Huge Spider

26 goblin leader

27 troll king

28 spirit guard

29 spirit sentry

30 spirit avenger

31 spirit brute

32 spirit templar

33 spirit shadow

34 JK tower guard

35 HOTS tower guard

36 MR tower guard

37 wild boar

38 anaconda

39 mountain gorilla

40 rabid hyena

41 bartender

42 Bear

43 Cave Bug

44 pig

45 hen

46 SANTA CLAUS

47 EVIL SANTA

48 chicken

49 bull

50 calf

51 dog

52 rooster

53 EASTER BUNNY

54 deer

55 pheasant

56 Lava Spider

57 lava fiend

58 Crocodile

59 Scorpion

60 tormentor

61 guide

62 lady of the lake

63 Cobra king

64 horse

65 foal

66 child

67 isle tower guard

68 avenger of the light

69 zombies

70 seaserpent

71 huge shark

72 sol demon

73 death crawler minion

74 spawn of uttacha

75 son of nogump

76 drake spirit

77 eagle spirit

78 epiphany of Vynora

79Juggernaut of magneron

80 manifestation of fo

81 incarnation of libia

82 bison

83 hell horse

84 hell hound

85 hell scorpious

86 worg

87 skeleton

88 wraith

89 Black Dragon

90 Green Dragon

91 Blue dragon

92 White dragon

93 seal

94 tortiouse

95 crab

96 sheep

97 blue whale

98 seal cub

99 dolphin

100 octopus

101 lamb

102 ram

103 red dragon hatchling

104 blue dragon hatchiling

105 nothing

Data 2 seems to be set always to -1 atm I don’t know

Aux Data seems to be a qualifier

Spoiler

0 Normal No modifier

1 Fierce

2 Angry

4 Slow

5 Alert

6 Greenish

7 Lurker

9 Hardened

11 Diseased

Also temp on all of these has been 0

Edited by Drpox
  • Like 1

data 2 seems to be opposite of data 1 example i spanwed black dragon with data 1 set  at 19 and data 2 set to 0 then reversed making data 1 =0 and data 2 19 and got white dragon so im thinking maybe not sure but data 1 is agressive evil  and data 2 is friendly  but then again i can be wrong still testing

I'm fairly sure from my own experiments with lairs that temperature has no effect I can determine.

I agree that Data1 sets creature type, Auxdata sets condition, and so far Data2 has also been set to -1 on all lairs I have found naturally.

However I have had variable success in actually getting creatures to spawn from GM created lairs, this may be due to animal numbers and caps on my servers however, more experimentation would be required for this I think, since some created lairs just don't seem to spawn much, whereas I had a couple of lairs spawn loads of creatures.

• Like 1

if you could find a unicorn lair I would appreciate the Data 1 number on it

data 1 set 1-9 spawns lairs of humans  i beleive 9 i forgot for sure spawns loads of joesurpent and 7 was guards and 3 was a salesman not use when i had 40 green dragons spawn next to him hehehe

Edited by juliarq123

if you want a more successful spawn on your lairs this little trick works but be fair warned still slow on some lairs .. set locla server creatures to 0 (this wont well has not removed creatures already on locla . ) load server up then log in as gm .. log out again and shut server down set creatures to 1000 and load server back up and log gm in . i tried this and got nest full of trolls around 50 of them and my island was swarming with rats

Unicorn Rustle = 

Data1 21

Data2 -1

Auxdata 6

Produces Greenish Unicorns.

updated my earlier post with full creature list as near as I can tell

• Like 1

Nice work, although I'm now tempted to place an Easter Bunny spawner for giggles ...

Edited by Zenity
  • Like 2

I haven't found it yet.  I think that's just a rare event from a lair.  I have a greenish unicorn one that has spawned two champions

rarity is factored by certain % of the lair and how long it has been ther been experimenting for ages had goblinking i created next to three goblin lairs and spawned champion goblins from 2 of the 3 after about 3 days  otherwise just spawned goblins . Did same experiment on other side the island without the goblin king spawned no champions whatsoever. Waited 3 more days and voila spanwed goblin champions at the lairs without the goblin king . So i beleive it works on certain time period and randomness like that of when your inspired and create rare item then again i could be wrong as im still experimenting with temperatures atm

My wife and I have both been unsuccessful in making dens.  we have created the lair, set data1 to the critter type, data2=-1, auxdata set to 1 for fierce.  After pushing the lair the graphic changes but the name still shows as birchwood lair.  Is there something we are missing?

At the end of the birchwood lair name does your GM see the creature type name? The name wont be visible to non gm characters.

I am trying to make a greenish deer den, i did what you guys said. here are the stats:

Data 1,  54

Data 2,  -1

Auxdata - 6

and Temp 20.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit:

The greenish deer den doesnt  seem to work, but i made a greenish dog den and a greenish unicorn rustle. both the unicorn and dog turned into the right dens but none of them have yet to spawn anything. I am waiting near them. My creature spawn is high, so if it worked, shouldnt be long :P

Edited by butterflygirl25

did you gently push it? and i hope your aud data is set to 6 and not to -6.  Ohh and have you increase the creature population since you put them in.  My greenish ones are working, although I am not sure about my dog den.

Plus you can remove temp or set it to zero.  It has no impact on spawns

Edited by Drpox

6 minutes ago, Drpox said:

did you gently push it? and i hope your aud data is set to 6 and not to -6

Plus you can remove temp or set it to zero.  It has no impact on spawns

Dog spawn:

Data1 51

Data2 -1

Auxdata 6

damage:0

Temp: 0

Unicorn:

Data1 21

Data2 -1

Auxdata 6

damage: 0

temp 0

deer spawn:

Data1 54

Data2 -1

Auxdata 6

damage 0

temp 0

and i pushed each one gently after i set the data. so far no spawns

23 minutes ago, Drpox said:

did you increase creature count on the server?

yes, its at 700k

Edit: hour or so later, still nothing

wow hmmm I dont know what to tell you.  I have had some spawners go spastic and pump out a 100 plus animals were as another puts out 1 or 2.  Can you maybe try a different trait and see if they work then and then modify the trait after you see it spawn once.

Also keep track of the damage on the lair.  If it decreases below what you set it at.  It did spawn something.  They can spawn within 100 tiles of the lair.

10 minutes ago, Drpox said:

wow hmmm I dont know what to tell you.  I have had some spawners go spastic and pump out a 100 plus animals were as another puts out 1 or 2.  Can you maybe try a different trait and see if they work then and then modify the trait after you see it spawn once.

Also keep track of the damage on the lair.  If it decreases below what you set it at.  It did spawn something.  They can spawn within 100 tiles of the lair.

I just made a greenish brown bear spawn. which just spawned one. Are there limits at all? like between deed>lair, or lair>lair. How does renaming them effect them after you set the stats?

35 minutes ago, butterflygirl25 said:

I just made a greenish brown bear spawn. which just spawned one. Are there limits at all? like between deed>lair, or lair>lair. How does renaming them effect them after you set the stats?

Well i set them to regular spawns. and still not spawning. not sure what i did wrong

Edit: only one that has spawned is the bear spawn. one bear

could it be there is already a greenish deer spawn in existence on your server or like on my server, i had a black dragon hatch-ling spawner, and the other colors.  Turns out 4 of them spawned like 5 each before i had to kill the lair off. The black one has only spawned one and hasn't spawned another.

We could be running into a den/lair/trashpile part of the code that might cause conflicts with having extras or even having the eligibility for greenish deer and dogs.  I cant say the same for unicorns cuz i did make one myself that is working but alot slower than I liked. 

The hardened creatures lairs I have created seem to spawn like crazy.