Sign in to follow this  
bigsteve

New Patch Out....

Patch Notes 2015-12-03

DECEMBER 3 - WURMDEV
Fixes & Changes
  • Fixed some instances where it was possible to plan walls on top of unfinished walls.
  • Fixed max charges when digging up artifacts.
  • Modified valrei quest item spawn and treasure chest spawns to be based on map size.
  • Removed no take flag from village recruitment boards.
  • Added santa hat to items available from mission ruler.
  • Fix for mine door permissions not changing correctly when a deed is founded over them.
  • Fix so clay will lower every 50 - 100 dig actions.
  • Added check so that dominated animals only can be cared for by whomever dominated it.
  • Added plant to trellises.
  • Fix so that underwater myelium will revert to dirt/kelp/reeds when no longer within a domain that can have mycelium.
  • Fix for paint terrain not painting trees.
  • Fix so black sheep have black corpses.
  • You can now bury corpses on rock using a pickaxe.
  • Made it possible to sit on chairs.
  • The artifact charge message have been changed.
  • Added End Game Items toggle for servers.
  • Fix so diagonal roads don't revert to non-diagonal when dug.
  • Some memory leaks was fixed in the client.
  • Fix so that dragging a locked item into a container, does not change ownership
Edited by bigsteve
  • Like 2

Not everyone reads the steam forums. I appreciate Steve putting it up here.

• Like 2

FYI it broke a few mods :)      The server side especially.    

After you bring up your server you'll notice that all chairs have been turned 190 degrees.    

It might take a few times, if your running headless, to restart your server.   Mine restarted at least four times before it actually stayed up.

I don't have a full list of mods that are public that are broken but a few of my personal mods broke .

Here is a complete list of the files touched by the patch 

http://pastebin.com/R1BGs1KV   Provided by Ahava

Edited by razoreqx
Link added

Seats rotating is a result of the implementation of sitting on them; it happened on Wurm Online as well. Just a necessary side-effect of the update, according to Warlander.

Updated the patch notes on Steam, a few things were missed (likely my fault for not putting my changes in the right place!)

There's a feature I just finished last night that made it in to WU before WO. This was just a result of timing, and wasn't any sort of intentional snubbing of WO.

Additional notes here: 

• Entry server code changes to fix traders, weather, some creature spawns, mailboxes, and some building restrictions. 

• Fix for becoming champion. 

• Sleep bonus idle timeout option added. Sleep bonus will automatically turn off if no action or combat happens within 10 minutes. You can turn this off in your Profile. 

• GMs can now destroy ground-use-only items (such as the Altar of Three) from their inventory with Items > Destroy 

• Destroying a huge altar will now remove the client-side effect and give a message indicating whether they will respawn on the next restart. 

• GMs can drop huge altars on the ground. When End Game Items is enabled the GM must remove the previous version of the altar first, and the proper light effect is created. When End Game Items is disabled, the GM can freely drop the altar anywhere and no light effect is created. 

• End Game Items toggle added. When disabled, it prevents loading of artifacts and huge altars. Old artifacts and altars may still remain in the world but the light pillars will not spawn and they will not respawn when destroyed by a GM. 
  • Like 1

is this a bug? Only GMs and CMs must use the item on the floor while a player can happily use the large anvil in the inventory?

-                        if (targ2.isUseOnGroundOnly() && !this.isQuick() && this.action != 100 && this.action != 176) {
+                        if (targ2.isUseOnGroundOnly() && !this.isQuick() && this.action != 100 && this.action != 176 && aPerformer.getPower() > 0 && this.action != 180) {
                             throw new FailedException("You may only use that item while it is on the ground.");
                         }

Is a fix for the stat increases still in work or do we need mods for that?

How can go back to older version? steam force updated my WU...

Yes, open the properties for the game in steam and its under the beta options - select previous version.