Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

[RESOLVED] Multi map servers behind NAT

I have two separate machines hosting a server.... a login Main 4096 (cluster master) and a 4096 pvp map on a cluster node.   Each server is dedicated.  

I noticed I can change any port but this one:   Ports 8766 tcp/udp. I dont see anywhere in the configuration where this can be modified to a unique value per server. This would eliminate the possibility of hosting two dedicated servers behind a firewall doing NAT.

If both boxes are behind a firewall is there any way to change this port for the 2nd box?

Host 1 Home server / Login

ExIpPort= 3725

InIpPort= 48011

RMI = 7222

RMI 7223

Steam = 27018

PVP Server

Host 2

ExIpPort= 3726

InIpPort= 48012

RMI = 7224

RMI 7225

Steam = 27019

Anyone found a workaround for this?    I assume its hard coded on the client as well so even if its a field in the DB on the server side would this even work?

Thanks in advance.

I noticed in testing on a local LAN behind the firewall i can transfer back and forth without issue.    So it lead me right to the firewall..

Edited by razoreqx

Its that the steam query port?    realy i thin only the log in server needs it.

57 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

Its that the steam query port?    realy i thin only the log in server needs it.

Yea that just makes it show up in the steam list...   I already removed that as no one can log into a non login cluster server anyway. 

I know  have inner server communication is working because i'm local to the box, behind the firewall and can zone back and forth from box to box (login to cluster) just fine...    when two of us logged into the new map I saw their Knarr next to me.. but sadly the other tester gets kicked and can no longer connect to the login server. 

Funny test though.. I setup a 2nd server as login and didn't NAT 8766 to it at all and testers could log in..   I'm not even sure what that port does.  

It would be nice if the DEVs could check and see if they have all the ports.     Im looking at tcpdump logs now to try and find out why external users cannot talk to the cluster servers ;( 

I found no reason  in the server pcaps that would explain this disconnect.      It must be an issue with the client.   NO one else is running Clusters on separate boxes behind a firewall doing NAT?     

The issue here is when passing from one server to another it passes your client the game's "external ip" which when behind your router is infact your internal ip. I'd suggest looking into the sendTransfer method in the Creature or Player class if you want to try to make a quick fix, could probably make a fairly simple workaround mapping the external ip to the real external ip, this might take some tweaking so it doesn't break clients on your network though.

• Like 1

To fix: on the server neighbors tab set the "Server External IP Address" to your actual external ip. Only do this on the neighbors tab

• Like 1

Thanks Webba, urban  tipped me off in the right direction on this.. Hes doing a "how to" document.    I'll let him post it up when hes ready.   I made the changes and tested and it works perfectly.   

Yea me and him were talking and I didnt know if he'd told you all credit to urb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webba said:

Yea me and him were talking and I didnt know if he'd told you all credit to urb

Team effort!!   Nice work 

Thanks urban.     We have one login and four clusters up so far... adding more..  Its working great.