Sign in to follow this  
Eir

We've lost Oracle :(

i am so sad to hear of this such sad news.  We were together for a long time we were together since beta i will miss him dearly 

RIP my dear friend from Queenie. I am still in shock at the sad news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXI3po8hK0 good bye old friend.

Edited by DAMNED
  • Like 1

I have an incredible amount of respect for Oracle.  Like others I have known him for a long long time via Wurm, and knew him before he became a game master under Un4.  It was Oracle that handed me my tools and threw me at the wolves.  We have encountered some really interesting situations over the years and we were still discussing ideas for the future.  There came a time when he needed a little assistance with Wurm so he could take care of IRL and I have always been glad that I was able to be there in that small capacity to at least give him the time he needed away from Wurm.   When things became a little more uncertain I even implored Rolf to try and keep Oracle as Head Game Master for as long as possible, because I always saw Oracle's intelligence and wisdom shining through all the difficulties we faced.

If everyone logs in tomorrow and finds themselves unable to speak in game, don't worry... it would just be my tribute to the first day Oracle was teaching me to moderate.

You will be missed by us O,

/Enki

• Like 16

As always when I hear about any of the legendary players of Wurm I feel such respect,
and for my own part I keep wishing I had been here in the early days.

This very legendary player I had the pleasure to meet in Western Union alliance on Xanadu this last year.

Wish we in alliance had gotten more time with you Barakus <3

Wow... 

Just... 

Oracle, you will be missed.

The first GM i ever dealt with... and probably the most patient person I ever saw deal with the things that came up in this game. 

• Like 5

Never even knew Oracle was getting old, RIP mate :(

I started playing in like 2006 and he was the first GM I ever came into contact with and always patiently helped me a bunch of times when I got trapped in cave traps or when people stole stuff from me, he may have even been the only active GM then because I don't remember any other GM contact. He will be missed by all players.

Edited by Gavin

What sad news. I knew him more as Barakus and can attest that for his last year at any rate he most definitely kept his sense of humor. RIP buddy.

rip barakus will miss you man one of the nicest guys you could ever meet

beautiful story and very nice of his son to let his close ones know.

Farewell to him

Well what to say.  Oracle has been a pain in my a** from time to time, but been the best friend you could have a lot of the time too.  Some things we agreed on, some things not so much but that's just the way life is and different people have different visions of what they think this or that should be.  Oracle stood by the Wurm community for a very long time, and he did the best he could to keep us all from being totally unruly lol.  

Even though I too have not been spending time in-game of late, I know you will be dearly missed Oracle.

R.I.P. ORACLE may greater things be ahead of you!!!

• Like 1

R.I.P mate You'll be missed by many.

Thanks for the good words of advise when i was still a PA/CA back in the day!

may we encounter each other in the afterlife again 

o7

I remember back when there was just Wild and the Jenn Kellon Home server (forgot what it was called, with Newtown and all), Oracle used to talk about thieves in global chat, stat their location, and uproot them and toss them over on Wild as BL.  I never really knew Oracle well, I know he played Barakus as BL as the same time as I, I bumped into him maybe a half dozen times hunting, but never really spoke.  One time he just our Ventrilo, it was like Eir, Rozare, Ceasar, Chumpeh, and others and Barakus joined, and I never heard the guy before, and was a bit surprised because he was such a high ranking GM.  That guy had the best accent and voice of anyone I met in this game.  I tried to get him to recite some passages from books, but he wouldn't, he just laughed.  Nice guy though, never really got to play with him much outside of those few experiences.  

• Like 1

Oracle R.I.P.

Oracle helped my wife and I when we first came to wurm, and was the friendly face GM face we first met.

You will be missed.

Edited by Ratheden

This saddens me for Oracle is/was the quintessence of what it meant to be a pillar in the wurm community.  I will greatly miss the man yet his legacy lives on through the threads and thoughts of wurmians often.   Was great to see Eir post again, another great pillar of wurm community.

Had problems earlier because of some things in the forums and ingame also. Met a few snobs(GMs) but the few contacts i had to Oracle, i found he was a serious and fair person, he took the time to talk to me, so i hope he is doing well now, enjoying holidays from life and preparing for the next. Cya Oracle.

Tragic news, I barely new him but he fished me out of a non walled mine once on GV. An exemplary and fair GM in everything I'd read on the forums back then, sad to see such a nice man pass on.

I'm so sad reading this. I only spoke to Oracle a couple of times, but always found him to be kind and honorable. It's always a sad day when you find out that one of our fellow gamers have passed. 

RIP Oracle, may you ever have a gale at your back.

Edited by Moxie

R.I.P.

Very sad news. You will be missed. Condolences to the family.

I would like to pass on my condolences to Oracles loved ones and friends. He was a great person and will dearly be missed..... RIP my friend

Was tough news to hear, was always fair and part of the original GM team I had nothing but respect for.