Sign in to follow this  
Eir

We've lost Oracle :(

Oracle, I always knew you as fair-minded and easy to approach, I will miss you.

• Like 1

R.I.P Oracle

Such a sad way to go, atleast it seemed to have happened fast and not slow and painfull.

Eir: Have you told Queenie by any chance?

Edited by Zazz
  • Like 1

Great guy, very sad to hear.

RIP Oracle o7

• Like 1

This came as a complete shock to me even though I knew he was retired. I worked with Barry for a couple of years, discussing and solving the various issues you encounter as a head GM. He was ever so helpful and dedicated to the game and the community. I can't recall any situation we had together where he wasn't thoughtful, respectful, kind and judicious. It has been far too long since I saw him online and now it will take until we meet in the Happy Hunting Grounds or wherever it will be.

Until then, Barry!

• Like 22

The first true fearless Fo Champion of Wurm Online. Goodbye friend, I'm sure you will be fishing wherever you may be now.

I called Wintersolstice to let him know. He sends his condolences and says that Wurm will no longer be the magical place it was without his presence.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 3

This is sad news. I didn't know him very well, but a few months ago I had a good long chat with him in alliance chat(Western Union, Xanadu). I Only knew him as Barakus, but put two and two together and found out he was Oracle and recalled all the great things I had heard about him. 

• Like 2

Zazz, yes I've let the UK family know, also the kiwi's too. I'm still in shock, this really came out of left field for me. 

• Like 1

Rest in peace my old friend.

Been a long time since we last spoke , I hope we can chat again in the future when we are both in heavens, taking a beer and playing video games togheter...

Words cannot convey my sorrow to the passing of one of the greatest GMs Wurm Online has ever seen.

Farewell.

######

i remember when i first started playing in 2006, he banned the guy i was bunking with for stealing from people (and for being a general ass), name was techar, vaguely remember him having to blacklist the name entirely afterwards

only real memory i have of him but damnn, whose going to manage those fog storms now? :(

Edited by Huntar

:( I promise I will like fog in Wurm from now on...

Very sad to hear, rest in peace Oracle :(

Goodness knows that we butted heads on just about every issue known to man when it came to the Wurm Online community but at the end of the day it was always beyond question he always was motivated by wanting to help and further the community. You will be missed mate, R.I.P. Thankyou for the fond memories and the life lessons.  

Edit: I thought I'd be nice to try and find a screenshot of the guy ingame and I manged to track down a couple. 

Tormenting JK Home with Fogsssssss in the first month or so of G2

wprLkym.jpg

First day of GM lessons (This model is how the vast majority of us will remember Oracle) 

xh4QBjL.jpg

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 2

Ah damn, I don't even know what to write. So many memories with Oracle. :(

Rest in peace, my good friend.

Wow such sad news, remember not long ago you sneaking into the challenge server keeping a low profile in our BL town was a honor playing with you over the years   , will never forget our times spent together mate you will be missed <3

Rest in peace old fella 

Edited by Thunderstruck

One of the most even tempered gents I've had the pleasure to meet.  Learned a lot from him, and thoroughly enjoyed our talks in the wee hours of the morning.

Rest well Boss. 

• Like 1

Very sad to hear. I never had to chance to meet Oracle, but from the sounds of it, he was an awesome dude. Rest easy brother.

Damn shame. Our exchanges were always pleasant back in the day.

Rest in peace bud.

Only one word comes to mind when I think about Oracle - Honorable.   

I will miss your wisdom, sir.  However, you live on in so many things that are Wurm.

• Like 1

I never knew him in game or had any dealings with him as a gm but i know that he has to be a good guy to put up with us everyday, lol

I do know what it is like to lose someone this time of year though so my heart goes out to his friends and family...god bless and stay strong. 

Edited by Kegan

Hello everyone,

Many of you will not remember me, but I am a retired GM and previously a long time player. I still keep in contact with some of the friends I made here, and one of them alerted me to this news.

Bara was one of the best people I have ever known. He was a better man than me. He was amazingly compassionate and friendly. As well as even handed as a GM. Always willing to help in any capacity he could. He kept us GMs well in check, I can remember being lectured by him once or twice. He knew how to put his foot down with us. But I mostly remember him as a friend. He will be missed.

Rest in peace.

• Like 13