Sign in to follow this  
Klon

Deed, Creative map. What will it do?

Hey all,

Loving this game.....way too much!  Anyway, I'm on my own server, pretty much by myself and sometimes with 2 or 3 RL friends.  My question is in regard to the Deed stake, and settlements.  I don't really understand what is going to happen when/if I plant the deed stake?  I'm on a Creative map, and just wanted to know what will transpire if I plant the Deed stake in general.  A settlement will spawn?  Guards?  How far from my house and property should I  plant it if I do?  Any info will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited by Klon

A deed stake just creates a deed - which is just a plot of land which you can reserve/restrict/manage actions on. It creates an area (based on your size input) where others cannot place houses, damage your work, steal your items without alerting guards, etc.

It will also give you an ability to hire auto-fighting spirits.

Because there is so much detail around deeds, I should just refer you here: http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Deed

Ideally, you want your house ON your deed tiles.

It will not spawn anything but a Settlement Token (for management purposes and accessing the Bank)

Edited by Trake

Most of the same information applies here for both WO & WU (there may be some differences -- your server may have iot all set yo FREE and thus not require any land purchase or monthly payments at all, other things)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Deed

The two biggest perks are, no decay on  structures and certain other items, plus ability to have spirit templars (deed guards) that will patrol and automatically attack any hostile creatures, like visiting TROLLS. Or dragons. (The guards might die but at least you will have time to get to safety.)

If you plant it, you will first go through various screens asking you about size, guards and some other stuff.

However to plant it you need to be within yor kingdoms land, if there isn't any you can't plant a deed, and need to build a guard tower to create kindgom area.

what having a deed does is well descried in the wurmpedia Brash linked.

Well the poster did say in creative mode, and I don't think there are any kingdoms in that mode. I believe it means you can create a settlement anywhere then. You are limited to one deed per character, but you could make alts and have them plant deeds as well, then give permissions to the main so you can access it.

In Adventure mode the deed does have to be withing your kingdom however.

It has to be in a kingdom in creative too, depending on the setting chosen you might need to build a guard tower nearby first to generate it.