Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Sitting PLUS Client Memory Leak fix!

• You can now sit on most stairs and benches thanks to Warlander!
  • A long lingering memory leak in the game client has finally been found and fixed. Thanks go to Mikael Nordell/Danoob for profiling opengl and explaining the solution!
  • Artifact power and recharge messages are now more accurate.
  • Added time until PMK titles refresh to Appointments window.
  • Added a bury all action, which will bury the corpse and anything on it. Reverted Bury so it only bury the corpse.
  • Fix so dragging a locked item into a container, does not change ownership.
  • Another fix to bashing damage for unfinished walls and fences.
  • Fix so splitting zombie milk keeps its zombie flag. (Also fix for zombie Zombie milk)
  • Removed the 10% loss on making scale and drake armour.
  • Fix for almost ripe messages on harvestable bushes and trees.
  • Fix so diagonal roadways don’t revert to non-diagonal version when dug.
  • Bugfix for time getting out of hand (as noted on Xanadu).
  • Added possibility to see slopes with trowel.
  • Fixed bury bind so it works on corpses in inventory. Added Bury_All keybind.
  • Like 21

The "power" message is now based on a percentage of remaining charges. So this will change when used and on decay ticks. Keep in mind that the range is rather small since they have a max of 30 charges.
I added one message, the top one, which you'll only ever see right after a recharge. Basically did this to achieve what was originally suggested, which would be a new message after every ~5 charges. It works out to be every 17%, which is pretty close. :)To get a better idea of the charges left, simply move the decimal to in front of the percentage and times the max charges by that.
Example: 32% = .32, 30 * .32 = 9.6. so ~ 10 charges.

"It emits an enormous sense of power." 100%
"It emits a huge sense of power." 83% - 99%
"It emits a strong sense of power." 66% - 82%
"It emits a fair sense of power." 49% - 65%
"It emits some sense of power." 32% - 48%
"It emits a weak sense of power." 15% - 31%
"It emits almost no sense of power." 0% - 14%

Recharge messages are now based on the number of decay ticks remaining.
"It will need to be recharged at the huge altar eventually." - 2 more decay ticks until 0.
"It will need to be recharged at the huge altar soon." - 1 more tick until 0.
"It will need to be recharged at the huge altar immediately or it will disappear." - Charges are now 0 (or less than 0) so the next decay tick will make the item disappear.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • A long lingering memory leak in the game client has finally been found and fixed. Thanks go to Mikael Nordell/Danoob for profiling opengl and explaining the solution!

Can it truly be....

I have to sit down for this and contemplate. It is too huge to comprehend for me right now. Awesome!

• Like 3

I am so happy! Now I just want to sit in my deck chair also and lay down on my bed :P

• Like 2

Wow! While some might see these updates as small, I see big changes here. Lots of evidence that Rolf and the devs are listening to the players on many different aspects of the game. Great job!

• Like 8

wow. Major update. I'm assuming said memory leak is the dreaded travel bug.
outstanding work.

whatever's  going on behind the scenes, well done to all.

Edited by Steveleeb

However.. My chairs on bottom floor stand below floor on ground, and they have all turned around standing away from tables etc.

Higher up they do stand on the floor.

Edited by Cecci

Danoob seemed pretty excited in IRC yesterday, so the memory leak issue (or at least the main one) may actually be resolved.

Time will tell.

If it works, give em a summer hat or something else nifty.

• Like 4

Just great. If that memory leak is fixed iam gonna hug worldstar once again!

• Like 1

What a great update sitting and a memory leak fix, Christmas has come early. Great work Warlander and Danoob :)

You might also wanna adjust how big we/chairs are so we don't have to dangle our legs :P

18 minutes ago, Explora said:

What a great update sitting and a memory leak fix, Christmas has come early. Great work Warlander and Danoob :)

Need to mention Saroman as well, without him sitting would look more like standing on a chair. :)

• Like 5

\o/ Sending out positive thoughts for this update.

Edited by Morrowen

I don't believe this, I am going to have to log on and see..

So im correct saying you only need 5.8KG to create a scale set now?

Thanks, Warlander. After 3 years of standing, my legs were getting tired!

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Need to mention Saroman as well, without him sitting would look more like standing on a chair. :)

There are a few children in this house that would find that perfectly normal.

Edited by Audrel

very nice update! Lots going on irl for me at the moment so I've hardly had any playtime the last weeks, now I must get caught up with my deed work AND spend time just sitting around :D

Art team might want to look into the height of the large dining table. It's chin high. I feel 2 years old. :lol: Otherwise, this is a great RP addition to the game. 

EDIT: PS, I am only 3 years old in Wurm, so... :P

Edited by Audrel

10 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Art team might want to look into the height of the large dining table. It's chin high. I feel 2 years old. :lol: Otherwise, this is a great RP addition to the game. 

I don't think there is an art team anymore it is just Saroman unless there is some volunteers that i don't know about.  I guess he might start looking for some more volunteers to help him out i am not real sure how they do all that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kegan said:

I don't think there is an art team anymore it is just Saroman unless there is some volunteers that i don't know about.  I guess he might start looking for some more volunteers to help him out i am not real sure how they do all that. 

I have not a clue on dae models. I know blender can import/export them but I have always used lighwave objects. I guess because they are as ancient as I am. It would be a simple matter of just shrinking it a bit on the Z axis one would think. In any case, it's just a decorative thing. It has no impact on the game.

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

• You can now sit on most stairs and benches thanks to Warlander!
  • Artifact power and recharge messages are now more accurate.
  • Added time until PMK titles refresh to Appointments window.
  • Added a bury all action, which will bury the corpse and anything on it. Reverted Bury so it only bury the corpse.
  • Fix so dragging a locked item into a container, does not change ownership.
  • Another fix to bashing damage for unfinished walls and fences.
  • Fix so splitting zombie milk keeps its zombie flag. (Also fix for zombie Zombie milk)
  • Removed the 10% loss on making scale and drake armour.
  • Fix for almost ripe messages on harvestable bushes and trees.
  • Fix so diagonal roadways don’t revert to non-diagonal version when dug.
  • Bugfix for time getting out of hand (as noted on Xanadu).
  • Added possibility to see slopes with trowel.
  • Fixed bury bind so it works on corpses in inventory. Added Bury_All keybind.

My comments:

Many thanks for addressing the memory leak - I'm eager to test it now :D

Cannot say how happy I'm about the bury revamp

Looking forward to the next 20-30 dragons instead of 30-40 to finally have a set myself :D

I personally liked the mad time on Xanadu but thanks for the fix!

Several people reported the height issue of chairs/tables on ground floor, it is present for carts, animals and our legs - all are sunken into floors if present on groundfloor, works fine on any higher levels (maybe something with groundfloor being 33 slopes high, others are 30 slopes high only? - floor level is not calculated on groundfloor?)

Sign in to follow this