Sign in to follow this  
AlexisDeQuinara

Strange connection error from client to server on same PC

Okay. This problem has vexed me for 2 days now and I'm at my wits end, so hopefully someone can come up with some ideas I haven't tried yet. 
I got the game 4 days ago, set up my server on my computer and played just fine, that evening I find my friends can't see my server soooooo.....
I set up my pc with a static IP on my internal (router) network
reserved the ip through the router
forwarded the ports: 3724 (TCP), 8766(TCP/UDP), 27016-27030(UDP)

Set external IP address to static router address
I logged onto my server and my friends joined me and we all had a merry time....

NEXT DAY
Network connection denied, Server refused connection.
My friends could log into the server, but I could not. (it's on my computer!) --Restarted, reinstalled steam, restarted network, disabled firewall, restarted modem and router -- restarted again - restarted modem and router again- uninstalled Wurm and reinstalled Wurm --- *FIXED!
We all log on and have a great time.

THIS MORNING
Network connection denied, Server refused connection.
Switched to my virtualbox host-only Network -- worked just fine.
This evening- switched back to static ip-- rejected. 
uninstalled and reinstalled 
--rejected -- oh yes, my friends can still get on.
-- Checked network traffic, the client is getting out of the firewall. 

Specs: Windows 7 64bit, ISP Time Warner, router: Netgear WGR614V7 Firewall: Webroot
I have full administrator rights on the pc and can access games on other servers, just not my own. :) My computer loves me, please someone save me before I crack. - Thanks! 

Fixed-- I was having trouble with the internet tab of the launcher (it was fussing about letting me access my server) so I was using the lan tab and - apologies for the rudeness my fellow programmer- but some GENIUS apparently hard coded the local host ip into that tab apparently because when I used my antivirus to watch every little thing the client was doing I saw it trying to connect to my host-only ip.
At first I thought it was hard coded into the favorites, but nope, it's that LAN tab! 
I did a filter for my server so that the internet tab would work and got on that way.