Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Plan for a Plan

Thanks for asking our opinion Rolf. And thank you for listening to us in the past as well!

Here goes in no particular order:

• Animal sounds. The world feels dead right now. Animals feel robotic and fake since they don't make a peep unless you fight them. Anyone remember the video I made about this?
  • Flashing chat tab. We got the sound effect which is great and has greatly improved the likelihood of me noticing a message. But I still would like to see the tab flash non stop when a new chat has started since I don't always have sound on. Here is an animated gift in my old suggestion post.
  • Consistency in textures. There is a huge variation in texture colors, styles and resolutions. It makes the game look cheap and sort of like they are quick placeholder textures grabbed off google and put in until the proper ones are added. A lot of times you'll find it hard to decorate a room because things clash so badly due to the texture inconsistencies.
  • Pretty dresses for the ladies. Would be nice to have some feminine clothes to go to social events with.
  • Naked bodies should look more naked: Going swimming breaks immersion since we're forced to be fully clothed. Character's base skin should be otherwise naked but with some simple underwear. (UO) Newbie characters could wear the current "naked" as a simple set of clothes to start with, with no armor rating.
  • Items on tables. Give surfaces like tables a collision that ignores the player, but collides with items. Walk "into" a table like you do now, drop the item and it will drop on to the table instead of to the floor. Push and pull to tweak exact spot.
  • Updates in client login screen have somehow gone downhill in recent months. Before there was the nice juicy big image and then you could click it and it would take you right to the forum thread and you could start reading and commenting. This made logging on to the game exciting, like Christmas in fact! Bring back the juicy update post links and keep them consistently good! Also, please check the image links from old update threads. The links seem broken, as if the images have been removed. 
  • Embarking on ship, cart or mount "loses" your lead to animals. When we dismount/disembark however, the lead stays. It should stay both ways.  
  • Round or diagonal walls so castles are possible. Understandably, this is a tricky one. But Ultima Online found a way around it even though it's also tile based.
  • White washed walls, marble walls. It would be great if we could have a wall type made of the same material as the Pylon
  • New player choosing server should show the map of the chosen server, not a textual list of starter villages. 
  • Building fence adjacent to guard tower gives warning and refuses to let build. As some of might remember, I lost a whole bunch of my horses recently because I didn't know you cannot have a guard tower overlap with a fence and the tower poofed the fence away without my knowing.
  • Decos for "horse clothes". We have armor and weapon racks for human clothing. Would be nice if we had a stand or prop for draping barding over. Or a saddle rack. Or a wall hanger for brides etc. Would be nice to be able to decorate our stables.
  • New players start with 1 month of free premium and ability to create 1 x basic deed at smallest size. The possibility to "try before buy" would give the chance for players to build their first deed and gain a feeling of ownership and commitment to the game. With each login, a text explains in the Event window what status you have and how many days are remaining of your first freebie month. 1 week before it ends it would warn that time is running out and unless the deed gets payment or premium is bought, the deed will disband / skills will be capped at 20. After 1 month has passed, F2P players settings are converted to what it is now. The deed disbands itself and buildings go into a rapid state of decay and go poof within a week. The nice thing is that it would give players a taste of how rewarding this game is when you have your very own place, and I just bet many would not want to throw away all the work they put in during their first month.
  • The colors and contrast of Wurm is overall a bit drab and faded. With a little more saturation and contrast. It could perk right up:

wurm_lighting.jpg

Now some love and support for the following suggestions. A big juicy +1 to these suggestions.

JockII: New trait for horses : Goat legs - Allows it to climb bigger slopes (50% increase 40-60)
Stormblade: Some new Animal trait ideas.(Love these!!! We need incentive to keep improving AH, more traits please)
- Sturdy = Produces more meat when butchered
- Has a healthy coat = produces more leather 
- Has strong genes = chance to produce a twin ( different names ) - female only
- Has longevity = ages slower once mature or lives longer 
- Strong organs = produces more animal parts when butchered
- Is Very Energetic = able to sustain top speed for longer periods

Odynn: New trader items : silver mirrors, name change, sex change : anything that is already well known in the MMO communities. / A real WurmOnline shop : art books, mugs, tshirt and whatnot wurmonline merchandise. If small webcomics / gamecompanies are able to do that why not wurm. (Still have my unintentionally male character called Brambline :(((()

Lycanthropic: More unique butchering products for basic animals: Something to aim for when out hunting, like you had the inc-sacks on octopi for writing, maybe some other butchering stuff on bears/whales/trolls/scorpions/.. could be something like "scorpion scale" that gives an armour rating between studded leather and chain, or whale fat for a more potent version of the "farmers salve". (Oh yes, this would make hunting so much more exciting, love it!)

Wilczan: revamp starting towns, make them real small towns actually, with some tavern, pens for horses, houses for traders, town hall, small shipyard, shrines of gods. Make examples of what people can build in this game, of what can be achieved (This is badly needed. Been doing my "Getting started in Wurm" video series and the starter town I happened to choose looks like crap. What an unpleasant way for new players to enter the world!)

Kegan: For me moving animals around that cant swim is a big one. (Yes, allow animals to swim which would realistically swim, and put smaller animals into animal crates, as many here suggested)

thirtynine: A capital city. In every MMO players love to flock to capital cities.  I would say have a modified token system where you get to own a custom sized land plot.  Possibly even room for a market.  You should also be able to get there by a portal and not have to sail to it.

LorraineJ: had these great suggestions:

• less decay for off-deed street lamps.
  • Let us bank anywhere. Why do we have to deposit at home?
  • Inter-deed teleport machines. (As the owner of now 4 deeds in total myself, this would be a great way to give a perk to players who invest so much into the game)
  • Keyrings (like a bag of keeping but solely for keys)  so that they don't drop on death, and bags that will allow other things not to drop on death.

Becket: My suggestion is drop the wind, give max speed for each type of ship. Speed could be controlled by raising or lowering the sails.(this is something I've always wanted and was going to actually suggest it myself!)

Ecrir:  Portals in starter towns, connecting them to all other starter towns in the cluster. This allows for more easy travel between servers, but you cannot take animals, carts, etc with you. Thus it's really limiting on what you can bring with you, while at the same time being really useful for visiting friends without first spending several hours on a boat. (I've seen so many new players choose Newspring as the town to go to because the description at the portal says something about it being good for new players - so then they arrive - only to find Newspring super duper boring and empty because there are absolutely no mobs. This has resulted in a lot of stranded new players frustrated because they can't get to the mainland to explore. Portals connecting starter towns would be awesome!)

Ohana: No on deed decay! (I agree, the whole point of having a deed is to pay for the luxury of relaxation and security. It would be nice that nothing decayed at all until going into the 1 month of deed funds left phase)

Onyr: Make night more dangerous, with creatures that spawn but sleep during the day, and come out at night.  / Mark your corpse location on the map when you die, provided it has not been looted.

Neroden: A practical method to create/destroy clay/marsh tiles (In real life, you would probably pour dirt into such a tile, perhaps it could work the same in Wurm: drop dozens of dirts until land becomes solid)

Stormblade: Terraforming Skill - with subcategories that allow you to level, dig, pave non traditional tiles like marsh and steep

Garit: Hitching posts / Using dye on clothing

Laiwyn: Please remove timers that serve no purpose other than to waste the players' time (e.g. on push/pull/turn, haul, load, etc. actions). If a timer has the potential for giving skill, I'm fine with it but as is it's really infuriating to spend forever doing things that could be done instantaneously without any detrimental effect on gameplay. (+1 Although I wouldn't completely remove the delay (because a lot of times you want to cancel an action and need to the chance to do so, however it could certainly be shortened!)

Reylaark:  Expand on taming a bit.  Follow, Aggressive, Defensive, Neutral... for example.  In every game that allows pets, I have always loved it.  Many players do whether it was SWG or WoW.  That system is lacking in Wurm. (I'd love to tame a dog or cat and have it follow me around by default!)

Edited by Malena
  • Like 13

Just in general... I don't see how most of the things suggested here would draw players to WO instead of WU.

I mean 95% of the suggestions here apply to both WU and WO.

If you start giving content updates (not mod support etc) to one of the games and not the other, then that would mean you intentionally cripple a game which would create tremendous negative PR.

Out of _everything_ said here, these are the only real suggestions that apply to the issue presented.

1) Change in the subscription model for WO

2) Change skillgain (people have suggested making it easier at earlier levels)

3) Make more connections between servers available in the freedom cluster in WO.

4) Adjust timers

But... Thats about it.

Nothing else here is WO specific.

Ya devs kinda shoot yourself in the knees with WU.

Players got a one-time cheap purchase vs a subscription based version.

They know both things are equally updated so what it really boils down to is:

People that play WO choose to pay premium and deeds PURELY for the sake of playing using your cheat/gm system and your servers.

They are no longer paying for the game itself.

And for a person with little to no insight into wurm... A one-time purchase sounds much nicer than a 3month subscription.

Especially since controlling your own servers and modding etc is a very well liked aspect that minecraft (which is pretty famous) is well known for.

So uh...

yea...

You choosed to release a one-time purchase option and as a result you are now forced to adapt with WO.

Players mentioned this would cripple your subscriber base... and it now obviously has.

I'll be frank.

If it wasnt for the fact you didnt release any anti-cheat system for WU (which i consider to be very important for competative pvp), then I'd ditch WO for WU in a heartbeat and never look back.

Getting a proper server running wouldn't be too hard if pvpers grouped togheter.

There is so many changes I'd love to see happen to WO which I know wont happen.

People suggest things all the time for WO, but hardly any of it gets implemented.

the PVP combat system has hardly seen any love at all for ages.

Random new beds etc? So what? I make one and then its there. It serve no other function than eye candy past that point. 20 bucks on a random 3d model site and 10-15 min of implementation is all thats needed from a code dev.

We want new things that isnt just eyecandy.

Saddlebags are requested by tons of freedomers, windmills to auto-grind seeds, more things happening in combat, etc.

We want something exciting and new and not just a minor update every half year...

The development process is just so slow for functionality. (and trust me, we have suggested PLENTY in the suggestion forum, i dont even know why this thread was made tbh...)

Just overall as a dev you gotta ask yourself:

Whats the appeal of WO over WU?

Why would I pay 8 euro prem, deed costs and possible alts instead of playing WU?

as a new player I wouldn't, especially not with a massive popup on wurmonline.com telling me to buy WU.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

micro purchases in-game would make WO unique compared to WU, such as items that can't be made by players or whatever. and also removing subscriptions and making it a one time purchase game, like WU would put it on the same level.

remove subscriptions, make it a one time purchase like WU, and add purchase options? can even keep premium membership but remove the skill cap and add like a discount in purchase store and maybe skill gain for premium members? ;)

2 minutes ago, 2015_GOMEO said:

micro purchases in-game would make WO unique compared to WU, such as items that can't be made by players or whatever. and also removing subscriptions and making it a one time purchase game, like WU would put it on the same level.

Uh... those micro-transactions items in WO wouldn't be hard to mod into WU.... and bought with ingame currency that isnt obtained with RL money...

edit: stealing a model from WO is easy peasy lemon squeezy

Edited by Zekezor

I have already posted once in this thread, but here I go again :)

1. Animal sounds. Nothing can make the game feel more alive like propper sounds. I understand that there was a problem with that in the past, with farm animals overpowering local soundscapes, but perhaps moderation can be used this time to solve this problem. Still, a while ago, one of the developers addes a few sounds to a few wild animals. Scorpions were the first ones to receive this upgrade, I believe. I can't state enough how much more vivid this world seems when I can hear that ominous clicking of a scorpion in the vicinity. It instantly engages my senses, alerts me to the fact that a dangerous animal is nearby (complete with direction the sound is coming from) and just adds to the overall feel of the world. Not to mention the benefit to the new players, who will increase their survival odds by being able to hear some wild animals from time to time, giving them a chance to move away, reducing frustration of death and maybe letting them stay in the game longer.

2. Boat speeds based on boat quality. I am not advocating making the boats faster. I know that's the view of a group of players here, but I personally am quite happy with the sailing speeds. The time to get places makes the world feel epic every time I travel by sea. What I mean is that there should be a difference in speed between low quality boats and high quality ones. Maybe even in turning speeds. This will give boat makers an incentive to ply their craft, sailors an incentive to seek better boats, and just give sailing a much needed lift. I love sailing in Wurm. It's one of my favorite things about the game. This little addition could multiply the experience for players and perhaps attract some new ones.

3. Raise and lower sails on boats. In strong winds, boats can be hard to manage. That may reflect reality, but in reality there are ways to handle that problem. Raising and lowering sails. Lowered sails would allow boats to travel at low speeds, while raised sails would make the ship go according to the wind. The timer for moving sails should take some time, but the benefit could be a much more fleshed out sea experience, with better docking maneuvers.

4. Combat changes. A complete combat overhaul is a major project, for sure, but perhaps for now just a few balancing tweaks would make the experience more immersive. The fist thing would be to make some weapons more viable. Spears and halberds, for instance, rarely get used. Perhaps the first one can have an offensive bonus but almost no defense, while the other the opposite. Or something along those lines, as long as all weapons have some advantages and disadvantages in combat. On that note, new weapons, like flail could be added. I think that putting a bit of work into combat may appeal to new players. After all, so many games are judged on combat these days, as many game genres popularized it as one of the primary sources of entertainment.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Valdor said:

Spears and halberds, for instance, rarely get used.

They are used in pvp.

Spears are anti-mount weapons and halberds are anti-rider weapons.

They got a unique purpuse and are amazing against their intended targets.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Malena, my stock game doesn't look that dull.

Edit: you also did exactly what Rolf said not to, you made a very long post.

Edited by Brunwulf

I like the sharpness of Malena's revised graphics!

That said,

1) Keep Winter in mind :)

2) Keep Winter + Newbie light in mind, particularly because it can't be shut off... I think it would be downright blinding :)

Love the AH trait suggestions, traits specific to certain animals, like New Jersey cows giving more milk (don't ask me how they got to Sweden), for example.  Could add a lot of variety in traits people look for in their horses to match a particular purpose rather than "5-speed."

While I'm at it, another potential might be improving the usefulness of the diverse cooking ingredients?  I don't know that it would attract masses though.  Might be more of a secondary type of thing. (though primary in my mind, and stomach)

HI everyone,

First, I just have to say, wow. There's an absolute ton of suggestions and ideas here, and they're all quite interesting, I'm certainly looking forward to what comes from this.

I see a lot of requests for more events, out of curiosity, what events would you like to see?

For WO to become more appealing again it needs a few basics sorted out. I will try to list items that could each be undertaken on their own.

1) Reduce action timers and increase the rate at which skill is gained. Many people in Wurm are creative and based on oberservations in WU they would rather have fun creating then grinding endlessly

2) Introduce more visual content into the game. Fastest way to do this is likely to incorporate the Modloader systems into WO and start using the WU's popular visual content mods, creature mod is one that instantly comes to mind

3) Reduce the number of servers in WO to get more of the population into one place. Xanadu should be one of the actively considered servers. Instead of forcing people to move, allow existing deeds to remain but allow new deeds only on the primary PVE server. With time this will encourage a busy server with a lively community. If it gets too full gradually reopen the other servers to immigration (hopefully they will have gone very wild by then). Old servers remain available for hunting and exploring. 

4) This goes with number 3. Reduce how useful mailboxes are. Once people are closer together again, give them a reason to get out and about by making merchants important again

5) With most new art and improvements coming from MOD community in WU refocus your development team on core game concepts. One critical area that comes to mind for me is making the game more fun for new players and way more engaging for higher level players. Once you reach a certain skill level now the game is generally too easy, leaving the grind as the key reason to keep playing unless you have a good community around you that you enjoy being part of

6) Apply common sense and transparency to the rules. Someone goes across a server to get material that is available right next to their deed gets a warning first time, banned second offence. Let them explain why they had to go out of their way to get something available to them right where they are. Hiding what's going on also makes people way less likely to belief that anyone even cares about whatever problem they are experiencing

7) Improve vehicle speeds and make sailing more interesting. Whales are actually my favourite creature in Wurm because whoever did that artwork was amazing! Most other things aren't worth watching after the first time. How about having to sail through a squall or experience wavy waters in a gale. Real life sailing is light years beyond what it is in Wurm.

8) Introduce more community events similar to what Spellcast has been doing with Treasure hunts. Give a community a reason to come together. Have a mob invasion in part of a server and ask everyone on the server to help engage and defend their island. Reward those who do.

9) Make content available everywhere. HOTA and treasure chests on Freedom too. Let people mine ada and glimmer

10) Change the cost model. Many things in WO seem to be based around maximizing the number of premiums one person needs to do things effectively. In WU my character is a priest who can cast all spells and do all the other regular things too like build houses, improve stuff etc. Everyone else on the server is doing the same thing and they seem to be having a great time using only one character to do it. 

11) Become more responsive to the community. Suggestions are made in the suggestions area and seldom responded to by anyone other then players. In WU a suggestion can be made to a modder and be implemented same day. Even if WO just acknowledged receiving suggestions and perhaps published a kanban board showing their prioritization/ranking that would go a long way

~Nappy

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brunwulf said:

Malena, my stock game doesn't look that dull.

Edit: you also did exactly what Rolf said not to, you made a very long post.

Hmm it might depend on graphics card then? That's how it looks for me most times.

As for Rolf's recommendations, read more carefully: 

"  Also, consider that the longer you make the post the more complex the suggestion will seem which will make it less probable to be implemented!" 

The way I interpret this is someone having an idea and going on and on and on about that one thing, explaining all the details of how it work. I don't think he meant that there is a problem with short bullet points ;-).

18 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I see a lot of requests for more events, out of curiosity, what events would you like to see?

1)

Random periodical blood moon events where the nightsky gets a shade of red with a red moon. Lots of skellys, zombies and wraiths appear and die off in a few days. :D

Mobs got a 10% chance to drop source salt, otherwise they drop ash.

Sermons could hint when its comming.

2)

More semi-unique mobs that wander the maps with actual stuff on them (doesnt have to be amazing stuff). Noone care if its a upscaled sol demon with a new name and modified stats or w/e.

3)

Treasure hunts are fun.

4)

Maybe a unlocked treasure chest with a bit of random high quality material (no special metals or valrei stuff or masks) appear on the begining of day of luck and dissapear by the end of it?

just make the world a bit more mysterious and worth exploring. Fun stuff that makes you go "ooooooooh!"

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

On my WU server we have had two events so far that were simple to setup and fun for the people who participated.

Willing participants were GM summoned to the impacted area in both of the following scenarios.

1) 450 mobs (greenish snakes, champion lions, champion black bears, normal trolls, greenish goblins) invaded the center area of the island high up on a mountain. At first the defenders stay on one elevated ridge and fought everything that came their way. When things started to die down about an hour later they advanced and eventually cleaned up all remaining animals. The area looked like a heavy battle had taken place and many times it had been very touch and go.

2) An advance party of 15 death crawlers attacked an isolated deed. 5 islanders came to the deeds aid. After killing the death crawlers a dragon appeared and was eventually conquered. After the dragon died four more were summoned and wiz killed. All five dragons were then butchered with a 99 ql fantastic butcher knife. Each islander took one dragon's worth of loot home with them. All dragons contained rare bones as an example of what was in the loot.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

I like the sharpness of Malena's revised graphics!

That said,

1) Keep Winter in mind :)

2) Keep Winter + Newbie light in mind, particularly because it can't be shut off... I think it would be downright blinding :)

Love the AH trait suggestions, traits specific to certain animals, like New Jersey cows giving more milk (don't ask me how they got to Sweden), for example.  Could add a lot of variety in traits people look for in their horses to match a particular purpose rather than "5-speed."

While I'm at it, another potential might be improving the usefulness of the diverse cooking ingredients?  I don't know that it would attract masses though.  Might be more of a secondary type of thing. (though primary in my mind, and stomach)

Heya, I didn't actually sharpen anything, it's probably just a side effect of the image being scaled down me-thinks :). 

And an excellent point about how this would effect seasons like winter, not wanting to overdo the lightness so the details of the snow don't get "overexposed". However I would assume that it's rather easy to create different lighting settings for different seasons, just as the lighting changes also during the cycle of the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

They are used in pvp.

Spears are anti-mount weapons and halberds are anti-rider weapons.

They got a unique purpuse and are amazing against their intended targets.

Sweet! Seems I have more to practice before I finally make it to Chaos now :) But thanks for the info!

Just gonna put this out there, Voice chat anyone? (And not that silly one that was introduced in the past~)

• Like 1

*Timers for equiping and unequipig armour depending on armour type time to do something with PvP ang implemnt factor modifing hourse speed for heavy armoured riders. Should be big diffrence bettwen man   in clothes riding horce compare to man in plates. This should encourage ppl to use diffrent armours on PvP. 

*Shrink Elevation.

*Crossbows.

*Colisions between avatars, animals etc

Edited by Gamurin

WO

**Make it easier and faster to go visit your friends. Tools that aid in a player's ability to socialize will help Wurm.

1. Make roads or a new type of road that is safe to travel on. Towers are not good enough, save means 100% guaranteed nothing can attack the traveler. Buffing Tower Guards so they insta-teleport on a mob and wiz kill it would be acceptable.

2. Auto follow roads.

3. Plot a coarse and have a NPC (pilot Large cart or boat) follow that course. This would work for sea and roads on land.

4. Make it easy to orientate a cart go perfectly parallel with a road.

** Buy merchant. Let us program it with a simple Regular expression.

** Searchable information index that informs who, has what, for how much, and where. Apply this logic to buy and sell merchants.

WU

Please expand out some of the limitations regarding data storage architecture choices. Two examples are the number of crops we can farm, number of available spell effects.

To echo Malena:

1) A more powerful system for fine-tuning the position of objects

2) Allow objects to stack on top of tables and other furniture

My soapbox:

I think Wurm is brilliant, and its continued development has been as well. Bridges are great. It's totally like Wurm to have special feature like that. But it can get insular. Maybe it's time to look at features like low level combat and reasonable travel times that other games take as standard.

Thanks.

Edited by Tipper

• Remove the number count on mailing that was asking for so many times. Make a poll? 
  • Work on the memory leak that has been around 1 week to 4 years. (That should cover trolls arguing how long it's been around)
  • Fix the volume on cotton. Some makes sense, but it's also squishy, should be toned down.
  • Take one of the suggestions from the last 10 years about making cooking interesting, so many interesting and useless ingredients.
  • Start new players off with a 10ql pelt. Or 1ql or 5ql, try being new with no ability to kill and you need a pelt to polish the chisel to make the bricks you need for the forage you need to melt the iron...to eventually make a weapon that does SOMETHING... (get the idea, it's a pita.)
  • Do something with new player newbie weapon and shield. Either remove it or fix it, it's extremely discouraging to new players that think their weapon and shield will actually help them. Don't believe me, make a poll?
  • Use the poll option, was a great idea that is poorly used.
  • Ask the awesome art team (not sarcasm) to re-work character graphics, SPECIFICALLY the face/hair. They have done wonders over the years but character faces/hair are fuggly and limited. Ethnic coloring would also be nice.
  • Some new crops would be nice, people love variety. 
  • Saddle bags in both cloth (smaller weight allowance) and leather (larger weight allowance) for Lw'ers and Ct's. (This has endlessly been asked for and never implemented)
  • Create a recipe for ceramic pottery (Decor) with 3-5 pre-determined designs to give pottery some new love.
  • Give each priest a new spell that allows SPECIFICALLY jewlery to be cast on..rings, bracelets, necklaces. Just throwing out some example so you know what I mean, don't have a cow..

"Swift" (insert some Rolf-like formula here) gives the wearer a tiny speed boost while wearing it. 

"Stamina of Elite" (insert Rolf formula here) Slight decrease to stamina use

"Water of the God's" (see above) Thirst drops slower for the wearer.

I'm sure other players will have better ideas of what would work for this but a new spell for each priest would again offer new variety. Giving jewelry smiths a reason to craft again and improving the purpose of jewelry wouldn't hurt.

Some skills in Wurm have been relatively unimportant, such as pottery, the common player makes a jar or 2 for water, a bowl and never needs it again. Decor has been very important in 'renewing' some skills like fine carp but other skills still suffer in "not important" oblivion. And some items, like jewelry have 1 use, I don't need no locate on Xanadu. :/ or Deli, or Indy..

• New mob's of all skill level. I'm SURE players would love a contest to create new creatures.
  • New flora, camilla and grapes and roses only go so far after 11 years...I'm sure once again players would love a contest, juniper and boxwood would be a really nice start and quite suited to Wurm's look.

And I couldn't love Nappy's suggestion about less servers anymore. Far too many servers, even if the player base was 2000 it's ridiculous. yes some player's might freak out but "greater good".

Edited by Omgderp
Nappy rocks
  • Like 1

Make all titles give bonuses to skill, 2.5% per title level maybe, being a 10% increase with the 100 title.

Crafting titles would obv be (imp success chance? more skill? more ql per imp?) Other titles could have special effects  

Archery titles more accuracy or dmg

Butcher titles more meat or add 1% chance per title level to butcher val potions

First aid better heals

Taunting more hate

Repairing less ql reduction

Weps would give more dmg or more parry

Praying more % for gems or favor

Channeling less fizzle rate

Animal Husbandry % lower on birth timers

Should also put a 30min or 1hour cooldown on title swaps

Also fill in the blanks for missing titles.  50 Mind Logic title (Brain Teaser)

50 Stamina (Enduro)

50 Body Control (Contortionist) 

50 Strength (Do you even lift?)

50 Soul Str (Embodied Incarnate)

Edited by tgod

Browsing through the new pages of the thread I'm hooked on the idea of giving out a few days premium for free - advertised properly on Steam and other instruments.

I myself had been lured to the paying community of games this way - once you bite the bait...

3 hours ago, tgod said:

Make all titles give bonuses to skill, 2.5% per title level maybe, being a 10% increase with the 100 title.

Why would someone with 100 skill need a 10% bonus for skill gain :huh:

• Like 6

id like to see new items that we have to link,to build. like a catamaran,small hold,but fastest overall,needs the least tacking in the wind. have to have 2 ship builders working together to make certain sub-assemblies and main assemblies,of a certain lvl etc. maybe even items that required 2 people of different skills to make. skill lvl based or not

I was asking myself how would you make the most impact on the game visually because a lot of people complained about the graphics and my answer was to start with the trees so i think an overhaul on the trees would be a good start on improving the games looks.  The older trees are dated and need an overhaul and some of the new ones need more fullness/leaves their canopy is lacking a lot. 

• Like 5