Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Plan for a Plan

Why are animal hauling boats required? Bridges can be built to connect islands to mainlands, thus making animal transport possible.

10 minutes ago, Malena said:

Hmm I do like the sound of a new boat for that. Perhaps with some restrictions to make it a rare and valued commodity? Maybe a wider flatter model to accomodate animal stalls and crates, and slow moving to keep steady and not distress the animals. Perhaps it could require a higher amount of ship building. This way people who can't yet make the boat, could hire people who could to transport animals for them. Much like they hire people to enchant grass. 

Plus it would give some more incentive to shipbuilders to start back up in their respective field :)

Edited by Romadador

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Why are animal hauling boats required? Bridges can be built to connect islands to mainlands, thus making animal transport possible.

Traveling across large portions of Xanadu can be difficult in some areas due to mountains. It would just make things more convenient. Also, some people may not want their island connected to the mainland (or the bridge would be far too long to make it feasible).

Skill gain slider bar so the player can choose how quickly skills are gained. 1 through 10. 1 is easy mode and 10 is grinder mode. (could do the same for action timers)

Have unique recipes and titles for players gaining skill in harder modes. 

Implement a collecting system. Chop trees, mine, forage, hunt mobs, etc. and find a special item while doing it. Collect them all for a title or silver coins or prize.

Implement anything that is a goal for a player to achieve and is a time sink. If the player has something to do or looks forward to completing then they will log on. 

Separate PVE and PVP code and servers from each other and end the constant battle to please both at the same time. PVE mechanics mess up PVP game play and vice versa. Provide portals between PVE and PVP servers for those in the community that want to do both.

Good luck,

Q

• Like 1

The reason i see Wurm hemorrhaging players is a twofold culmination of bad Dev decision making and unresolved bugs that go on for months.

Start by fixing these two issues and go from there.

• Like 1

When will y plan to finish 3d caves? 2021? Sorry for me always negative, but y rather plan some objective ideas like cancel playing cost to hold step with WU.

Edited by ftoz

While a lot of suggestion are very good and fun I still don't believe that the amount of content, i.e. item X, feature Y etc are the real show stoppers for players trying to play wurm. Did you see somebody saying "I quit because I couldn't transport animals on a boat"? I agree its a very needed feature, but Wurm has bigger problems if it wants to reach the masses.

Example:

In WU, it is apparent that a lot of people fail to configure their servers. Its easy to be elitistic about it and tell them to L2Computer or "join an existing server". They want their own server and it should be easy enough that anyone can do it.

Now, that doesn't really address WO, but the concept is similar, it is the learning curve of a non-intuitive UI.

I appreciate the time and effort put into the current tutorials. It is however still a very bad tutorial. I pretty much see three ways to go about it:
1. Design a new tutorial

If this is done, it needs to be a total remake. Consider not doing it in the MMO setting, but spawning a server locally (and automatically...) for the player to get a fresh tutorial instance. The tutorial in this case REALLY needs to be interactive, popping up windows of text that you have to kill manually is not good enough.

2. Make the game play intuitive enough that players don't really need a tutorial, except for the more advanced stuff.

• Much harder, but much better. As I stated earlier, keybindings need to be easier to set. The UI also must contain all possible keybindings.
  • Consider dumping the toolbelt and opting for a proper UI-element where actions/tools/spells can be added. 
  • On the steam forums, someone suggested that instead of "activate tool + right click + select action" just left-click and the game should check inventory for correct tool and automatically execute an action. Maybe in wurm it would be better to have right-click as "execute aciton" and left-click as select. Use space or something for MOUSE_LOOK.
  • Obviously, above is hard since there are a lot of things one can do with a single item. TAKE and DROP actions should be in the default keymappings, thus you can eliminate two possible actions. For push, pull, rotate etc, other keymappings can be used.
  • "No target" option as a contextual option on every object is very weird, since every object ISN'T in that context. Keybinding should be default here. 
  • Examine should be a keybind.
  • Every spell should be addable to an actionbar (or the toolbelt if you really want to keep it).
  • If you find after all these reductions that there are still several actions that you could logically link to an object, i.e. Stone altar can be "Improved" or you can "Pray", bring up a radial menu with those two options with keybinds listed for the actions i.e.: Improve - [P] Pray

TLDR: Remove right-click menu, most of actions can be made into keybinds or put into an action bar, find a better use for right-click.

3. Both of above.

Other stuff:

Try to remove as much "wogic" as possible. Why can't you configure everything in game? Why do you need item X activated on item Y to create Z, but activating item Y on X does not create Z?

Overlayed text messages for important stuff. The event log is easy to miss and can probably in many cases be made redundant.

Try to rely more on the modding community for new features/items etc. Wurm already has a lot of content, it is not the missing killer feature.

EDIT:
Spend the entire winter with the entire team just discussing and making a plan on how to make the UI better.

Edited by Luceat
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2015, 4:19:45, Griffith said:

*snip*

3. more low end creatures that new players can hunt and not feel so useless at combat.

*snip*

+1 I was lucky when I settled my first spot on Pristine. There was a wildcat lair, then a bear lair shortly before the wildcat decayed then and finally dual unicorn spawners within 50 tiles of each other. Served for nice easy progression grinding my fight skill to 70.

Also wildcat lairs should be a pile of upturned open crates.

While agree the wogic dial should be turned down from 11, some of that wogic actually makes Wurm the game it is.

Finally, the ever requested ability to transport animals between servers.

Here's my rambling idea behind crates: Perhaps creating an animal crate that stores the animal type, name (if applicable), gender, age and trait flags. For simplicity (and database sanity) the animal must be stripped of all equipment. While the animal is inside the crate the crate becomes unrepairable and decays at a relatively rapid rate (Say at QL 100, it would take a birchwood crate a full week to decay. This should be unaffected) Animals with fat levels below 66% would be unable to be crated ("This animal is too malnourished to survive inside of the crate for any significant amount of time.") When an animal is uncrated, the crate becomes improveable and repairable. The animal is set to the default fat level (We'll say 50%)

The reasoning behind the rapidly decaying unrepairable crate while occupied is a compromise. Because I can't see any way of feeding the animal while it is inside of the crate. This also keeps hoarders from boxing up hundreds of animals and keeping them in stasis forever, until they needed to be bred milked or ridden. While they could still do this, it would require a significant amount of work on the hoarder's part.

Also allow tower guards/spirit templars to show the actual tabard of the PMK they belong to. I know this is possible with the current code. (Proof. I suspect this was probably done to keep memory usage down on the client.)

Edited by Karthannar
Moar ideas.

On 04/12/2015, 04:39:27, Cenotaph said:

Most I want: Wood Textures back on items. I'd gladly suffer some lag to personalize my stuff.

This^

Also boat speeds in low winds, so base speed improvement or min speed increase. I don 't believe a speed bonus for rare or supreme boats more than already is in the game is needed on pvp servers.

by Quiglen   Separate PVE and PVP code and servers from each other and end the constant battle to please both at the same time.

This also

Edited by Rhianna
Added something else
  • Like 2

Ok after reading so many posts I feel that i have a pretty good understanding of what most are saying (Most that have no freaking clue! OMG!)

Look at your numbers, when did population start going down...Introduction of Epic, Huge Map like Xanadu, People dumping huge amounts of real cash into buying silver, Introduction of rares, Challenge map with faster timers.....

Everyone seems to want faster this or faster that - but faster is NOT what got you here to begin with....faster has killed the majority of the population..

Now...That being said there are quite a few things Wurm online does need to bring people back...First and foremost "A purpose" - The human being will do absolutely nothing without a reason....

So give them one:

On Wurm online the mechanics are already mostly in place....

1. As in the real World, the more deeds per server the higher the upkeep (real estate value) A lot of the reasons people leave I've heard for years..."No where to put a deed" - "All the good spots are taken" Use that to your advantage by structuring the upkeep based on location...if it has water, sand, clay, tar, nearby then should be higher than a deed with say only tar nearby.

Some have said make deed costs lower....ABOSLUTELY NOT!!! They should outrageously stupid expensive!! It really should be an HONOR to own a deed not just something one does...If you are a deed owner in the year 980-1150 then you should and would have like the most money in the kingdom and if you don't then see Number 2...get a job!

2 (On WO). Kingdom rulers can give titles that have benefits - why can't deed owners give "Jobs" that have benefits...

Deed Owner hires real people to occupy set positions/set payment amounts

Deed Owner Does not pay the individual - it comes from upkeep

All Jobs Must produce so many product in order to get paid directly to their account from Deed upkeep account

Farmers (example only - 1000 crop = 1s (typical pay on some servers)

Loggers

Cooks

Masons

Carpenters

And so on with bonus's for being hired into those jobs - bonus's like the title bonus.

Give people a purpose and a reason for new players to do the menial tasks for some coin

3.( I know this is for WO but got to plug WU also.....Same as Number 2 except deed owners must hire Npc's can't hire live people to do that go to WO) (Npc's would cost twice as much for half as much work)

4. Bring back PERMADEATH...well no not exactly lol. But give priests the ability to resurrect!!

Instead of respawning as new body you respawn as a ghost and must find a priest that will cast the spell on you to link your spirit back to your body(locate soul) which will then show to you alone some "mystical sign" to where your body is located to help you find it. Casting such a spell should be costly as in high faith/favor for the priest, 

For the dead person - permanent learning loss (Example %5 loss a person will never reach 100 unless they do some quest(mission ruler) to gain that back)

Next death would result in higher loss until you ultimately most do quests just to retain current knowledge.

5. Do a lot more work on the Mission ruler...awesome tool if it would just be completed and then used by more than just a few people....lots are learning on WU how powerful it can be...Someone said something about making dungeons..well there's the tool make it available.

Alot of the old--timers stuck around for a reason....for the glory of obtaining such a high level....not because it was easy...but because it was an accomplishment....Wurm Online has gotten too easy with little to no reward for those that stuck it out.....

I say these things as an opinion - because i too moved to Epic because of the learning curve and Epic missions

and have left and come back over and over because i got bored.

and I dare say Wurm Unlimited also(I'm already bored on my own server because it's easy)

Okay down off my Soapbox and back to looking at the code...still wanting to make that NpcFarmer mod mentioned in number 3 :P

Windamere Trahalien

Forever Wurmian

Edited by Windamere

Wemp piles need a better graphic more like the one cotton has. The current one gets lost in the terrain to easily. 

• Like 2

I would like to see armors made from the mobs, like wolf armor , bear , mtn. lion and even troll.. or at least some shoulder pads. New horse colors would be nice too. Maybe a new domesticated animal... bees , camel, etc.

1.I personally think starter towns are important, more npcs at them make them seem more alive, I made a post about how ugly some of them look on Xanadu and I think putting in effort to the starter towns might help players feel more comfortable. take Esteron for example it's 5 buildings that look so bad and have random colors. I think Whitefey doesn't even have a building? Focus on the freedom towns first then move to epic because obviously freedom is more popular to new players for population reasons.

2.pvp needs an upgrade the mechanics are a bore but I'm sure you've heard that.

3.more clothing

4.add more emotes and social movements where your character actually moves and does something. add dances.

5. slightly lower the learning curve of 1-20 it blows and for a new player its super hard, I don't want the grind from 20-100 to be lowered but 1-20 should be easier.

6.encourage new player to find a group, make joining alliances and villages more noticeable and simple for them in golden valley or starter towns so they know, for example in starter towns let people add their alliance to an "open policy" list so anyone can join by clicking that name and tp to the deed, have some sort of big village board at the starter towns.

7. in event log add a "welcome (playername) to wurm" when a new account joins for the first time, it wouldn't spam it really all that much and could help

8. add chisel to the starter tools

9. add helpful tips during the game, if you have ever played sims, you start using something and it gives you a tip. so I start cutting a brick and then the games gives me a cool tip until i turn off tips but only pop up once for that action.

or in prayer have the tip say you can only pray 5 times a day 20 mins apart.

10. these are off the top of my head and i thought of these in the last few minutes I'm sure i could think of more if you like any of these.

• Like 2

for the people on xanadu I can see where being able to load animals into crates or onto special a livestock barge would be a boon, not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad thing on chaos though for moving hell horses around

i actually like the idea of a live stock barge though, would be something new to build 8)

16 hours ago, Malena said:
16 hours ago, Malena said:

Although I'd love just as much as the next person to see Wurm get more coverage and attention, my guestimate is that in the case of this game and in it's current state, marketing (which is mega mega super duper expensive) would be a lost cause. Reason being that those who "get" wurm are a niche.

-deleted - private conversation held.
niche is subjective, 1 in ten is objective, they both mean the same thing.
Marketing would function, it doesn't have to be on SKY

Edited by Steveleeb

OKi let me try

More functional storage

--  smaller stack-able, color-able crates that works as bsb/fsb or standard chest where i can put them on top of each other,

name them an color them as i like, with the old wood textures

different sizes small medium and large and 1/2 sized not just squares,

-  the large one could be the size of a large crate but half the height and i could put 5 on top of each other

tool belt hanging something

-- something that i can store all mine tools in an easy way so when i finish crafting / imping i can easily store all tools i have in active tool belt so i don't have to carry them around ( no decay in it thx )

upgraded armor rack

-- auto swap equipment on char to and from this armor rack

-- !!!  MARBLE  !!!

everything all walls , windows , doors, i want to build with marble .. have marble bridge but no marble building :'(

maybe is a old Greek style ?

-- dredge platform

some sort of rig that would allow easier dredging , that could be locked on to a tile and i could walk on and dig the corners

-- cartography :-))

with existing papyrus and some other dohikies to determine you're location and or create a rough sketch of you're surroundings

-- docking speed option on all boats, if not make them faster , give me an option to make them really slow ( unaffected by wind ) so i can dock it properly where i want

-- put Cele on east from Pristine or Release .. its really painful to travel 60km against the wind .. or put Xanadu behind chaos :P

Free-form placing of items !!!!!

I just read through 5 pages of suggestions.  Rolf, you are the luckiest SOB in the world.  You have so many people who love this game so dearly that they will voluntarily offer you suggestions on how to get more of their money.  That being said, with the amount of OCD running through this player base, do you have someone to organize all these thoughts for you?  If not, I know more then a few someone's who would gladly step up to the plate to help, if it meant seeing things happen.  *I'm one of them*

Secondly, I agree with all the suggestions that mentioned you figuring out what you want your goal for this game to be.  You need to lead this community to define what that will be.  Then, once defined, put every effort toward that goal. If that means work to dev, or purchase rights to use a new graphics engine. go for it!  If that means reworking the combat system, or adding flying mounts, or jumping... :D  But whatever that is, define it, and broadcast it loud and clear.

Okay, now onto suggestions:

FIX THE BUGS:

1-I love this game, you're first effort should always be to make it work as intended.  Fix all the bugs.  If you can't do it, hire/recruit more people.  Make things simple.

Community:

I love the idea of community in this game. What people do matters, and it should.  I think you need to incentive communities.  

Current: Premium costs, mail costs, deed upkeep coasts too high.

Suggestion 1: Tie deed upkeep with player premium.  example: every month of player premium = 1 Silver to deed upkeep coffers.  Tie this to wurm store purchase and in game purchase.

Suggestion 2: Every time irons are paid out by selling items, 20% (1c/hr/player) would be deposited to deed upkeep coffers.

Result: Reduces burden on player coasts, and incentives player premium purchases.

Skills

I love the skill system.  It would be neat if being apart of a village provided more bonuses, kind of like a community bonus.  

Current: Small skill bonus for being apart of a deed.  My deed has been around for almost 2 years, and we barely have 2.5% skill bonus.  

Suggestion: Allow Premium accounts to specialize in one of their affinities. Specialization allows other premium accounts a skill bonus based on the skill of the specialist, everyone else that works this skill, who is apart of this village, will get a bonus to skill (maybe x2/3/4/5 up to 50/75% of the master).  Think about this: if you work with a teacher, you are able to learn more quickly, the better the teacher, the you learn faster.  Maybe this master crafter can only select 1/2/3 apprentices to teach this trade at a time.  

Result: Newbies get greatly increased skill gain, Old players have reason to add new villagers to their settlement, and PVP is revitalized because you need an affinity to become a master craftsman.

PVP

I love the idea of PVP.  I love full loot, and I love how i have raid an enemy village to pillage their coffers.

Current: Auto attack for days. kill horses/kill players. No play animal collision

Suggestion 1: Add player collision (premium players only)

Result:  This should help with the "OMG there's 10 people attacking me".  If there was collision, you could form battle lines, you could develop unit tactics, you could have 2 people hold a tight area.  What would it look like to see a legit 20 v 20 with a horse unit and a pike unit and a 2/3 archers and priests, and a squad of swordsmen...

Suggestion 2: Update stamina mechanics in combat.  Tie it to fighting stances, Defensive-allows ##% in combat stam regen;  normal-no change, Aggressive-incurs ##% additional stam regen for additional dmg.  Higher skill-higher % affects

Result: More PVP options/longer pvp encounters

• Like 4

Some PvP/General ideas:

1. "No locate" - version casted directly on players needs to be on pair of the one casted on jewelry items or the posibility to cast it directly should be removed. It was suggested several times... there's nothing as annoying and demotivating as chaising the ghosts...

2. "Priests" - the whole priesthood need an overhaul (nerf in short...) There's very little need for crafters in PvP at this time. In fact, beside sieges crafters on the battlefield are pointless, it's better to have even the least PvP oriented priest during any skirmish than a crafter. This force people to pay for 2 accounts and pretty much doubles the costs of the game for anyone who thinks of serious competition.

3. "Rare items/materials" - Rares or items made of rare materials should have no impact on the PvP side of the game(P4W).

4. "Account trading" - While it's a tempting and interesting option it causes several problems in the game... Old, skilled accounts should be inactive together with their inactive owners to make a room for a new players and give them the time to catch up, Right now account trading drives away new players from PvP("I'll never catch up" / P4W), and ruins  the economy for the new PvE oriented ones..

Edited by Qaay

everything dyable ie armor, forges, strings of cloth...,.... bigger forges...., sawmill ( carp 60 ) for felled trees that are horse/bison dragable., wetsaw ( masonry 55 ) for bricks, mortar machine ( masonry ( 30 ) of some kind?. anything to make tedious tasks abit easier. better stairs that you can ride carts/wagons up ( make bigger stairs?) or a simple counter weight elevator ( carp 65 ) most of these I think could be done pretty quick but the elevator. wurm has a lot of (tech) but no tech ingame more or less. glass blowing for making dyes, poison, sellable enchant powders to chant your own things or up the power on current items. different rug pattern styles, bigger rugs ( much ) same with tapestries. more floor pattern styles. all marble brick have same pattern on each tile ( boring guys ) need some kinda planner for a 10x10 floor pattern for wood, marble, stone, brick, pottery.

Edited by ctaylor77

A few quick (ha!) things:

*cartography: make the world a globe by connecting the servers as others have mentioned.

*travel: speed boat travel up. make portals that can be used to get around easier. it'll make exploration better and enable easier trade.

*players are too spread out on too many servers. close celebration, pristine, and release, and give those few remaining players still there a motivation/compensation to move to Indy or Xanadu.

*but first, fix the lag issue and bugs on Xanadu.

*combat: it's terrible and boring. it needs to be better.

*add more horse colors. 

*let us rename animals that we care for.

*add more tapestries, furniture, etc. Nice job on the staircases, btw.

This is a list of things I'd want in Wurm I have made a while back but never posted. So here it is:

Buildings:

• Adding roof types like those protruding windows (I think they're called "dormers" or something)
  • Adding the possibility to have "several roofs", or adding the ability to prevent the roofs from sticking together like the current system.
  • Adding the possibility of building a floor on roof layer so we don't see the roof from inside the house (like a non-functional attic. Maybe allow only full floor, i.e. no openings.)
  • Allowing the walls to "stretch" all the way up to the roof so that we can have completely sealed houses.

• Adding beams on corners that can act as support like walls but without walls. Now, on a patio with a roof and parapets, it looks like the roof is floating and when you try to destroy something, you get a message that it's not stable and would collapse or something similar, preventing you from doing so.
  • Diagonal walls and/or triangular/half tiles building tile that would add more versatility to buildings like making octagonal tower-like buildings.
  • Inside cave "buildings" or the ability to make a house space inside a mine or the ability to build walls/doors/fences etc at least.

Furniture:

• Sit on chairs and benches - Already in, WOOT!
  • Putting things on table. Maybe use them as containers but but separated in a grid like pattern where you can put stuff at different places. For example, large tables split into a 3x5 grid so you can at least center items on it or something. The system could be more complex but that seems easier to implement.
  • Fix the bug when you have a floor, stuff still is on the ground through the floor. That and also with animals like dogs have their legs completely in the floor.

Combat:

• Complete overhaul of the combat system. Remove the turn based dice-like system, this is obsolete in 2015, for that type of game.
  • More realistic combat damages, the current system is out of touch with reality. i.e. a hen killing a human? How?... As a noob, 5-10 minutes to kill a hen with a sword, how? As a noob (and even more than noob), any wild life is an absolute death sentence even when wearing armor.
  • Remove the automatic slow down when hit and maybe change it with a random slowing when attacked that can go away after a certain amount of time. How can I walk to a crawling speed after being poked by a hen? Currently, if you get hit you can't run away, it is an absolute death sentence even if you are wearing plate armor against a rat or wildcat which is very unrealistic.
  • Currently, a beast aggroing you is a death sentence, they'll follow you to the end of the world. They don't cease to follow you until you're dead or hide in a building. So add the possibility of them "losing interest" and losing aggro when the beast has been running after someone for too long.
  • Lower the chance of aggro. Currently, anything that sees you will aggro you and start a fight. Just walk on a straight road and you aggro 100% of the beasts in the surrounding area without fail. Mix that with the point above and that's nasty, moreso for noobs.

**** Yes, all those are rendered harmless if you have a horse or a cart. The point is that when you're on foot (Like noobs for example), if you aren't on a deed with access to a building to hide, when a beast sees you it's an automatic death sentence.

Weapons:

• Add slingshot as semi-noob low damage weapon.
  • Add pebbles or small rocks as ammunition made out of rock shards. Similar to bow/arrows mechanics, so it should be easy enough to implement.
  • Can make metal balls to shoot with it too for more damage.

Game Mechanics:

• Functional 3rd person perspective.
  • Add the ability to run/sprint.
  • Add the ability to crouch to hide in bushes or high grass.
  • Add the ability to jump.
  • Accelerate character movement speed a bit, it takes ages to go anywhere on foot. I use my cart to go from building to building on my own deed because it's too slow on foot.
  • Make it worth it to eat anything else than meals. Currently there's no incentive to eat anything else than meals and/or drink water. There are some advantages to drink other stuff but they are too hard to make for what it's worth and they barely replenish your thirst (like drinking 12 liters of tea replenishing 1% of your thirst, how?).
  • Not stop leading when you embark/ride.
  • Add more type of clothing.
  • Ability to dye clothing.

That's about it. I'll post anything else that comes to mind in an other post if I think of something.

*** Edit:

• Load animals on ships.
  • Hitching post

*** Edit 2:

Oh yeah and something I've read on several other posts. Make a map mechanic maybe associated with some skills. Do like on games like Ark or Rust, a completely empty piece of paper that will "reveal" the map when you have it on you. Doesn't have to be the highest graphic quality but at least give some landmarks and pointers.

What I mean by the map is the actual map with roads and stuff like in that full map dump we can see. The current in-game map is nice and all but is completely useless for a noob and it's pretty hard to navigate with it because you don't even know where you are on it. So maybe not a GPS like map like someone mentioned but at least a skill that would give you coordinates or a dot on the map where you are after using a skill for example.

Edited by Sekiryou
Forgot stuff + typos

I have seen a lot of brilliant ideas so far  but some changes that caught my attention are shorter traveling times to servers on the other side of the the world portals seemed like a good idea but should be regulated with a fee so they are not abused.Woa on ships would be pretty cool or a skill to master sailing could be an idea. i came up with an idea and actually saw someone working on this in wu A form of taxadermy at least it would be a grindable skill or add it to leatherworking. another thing that could be quite helpful for those of us who are cave dwellers are tile borders in deed, doesnt seem like you woud need 3d cave to pull that off seeing you can level and mine corners already.

new weapons and armor may sound like a good idea atm but all it will do is give people something else to argue about. New uniques would be an awesome add Kracken or levithon for a boat battle non trappable feature maybe some other community events to bring the best out in us all for instance a weekly triva game to get our CA/CM/GM and community more active

A new custom chat would be awsome as well i find myself as well as many other playing hours on end with no one to talk to

As far as the horse colors that sounds like something that could possably be interesting to see but not something id get into

I aslo like to see What Rolf's thoughts are about adding in the new unreal engine to wurm 

more mob spawns would also be interesting Lions tigers monkeys goats more birds for those birdcages

a parrot for instance could also give some life to puppeteering to teach your bird to talk

new trees Yews palms cypress

Also the images for wood types for ships and carts

cutomisable clothing and banners sails on ships stuff like that would be intersting to influance player creativity

i do infact like the idea about the perks for buying WU to bring in More people to Wurm

could also do some promotions like you did for Wu

most importantly these throwing in new stuff wihtout warning has created a buncha problems like changing the permissions out of the blue

changing fornums

anyway not sure anything i have mentioned will make much differance but these are just some thoughts of a reaper you all have a great day

Don't get why people want to speed up skills as only two are very slow, which are  Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing.

Only outcome would be a market with every good and service falling in price.

Been a long time since new skills been added to WO which could help promote trade on WO, and give support to tradesmen characters

18 minutes ago, enoofu said:

Don't get why people want to speed up skills as only two are very slow, which are  Armorsmithing and Weaponsmithing.

Only outcome would be a market with every good and service falling in price.

Been a long time since new skills been added to WO which could help promote trade on WO, and give support to tradesmen characters

Not if the faster skills and timers were on a separate server cluster it would not effect anything to do with freedom or epic. 

1 hour ago, enoofu said:

What I've noticed on WU is many people want to spend time being creative, building things, rather then spending tons of time grinding on useless things to build skill up before they can finally do the creative build they came to the game to do in the first place.

You make a valid point about the market side of the game. 

• Like 1