Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Plan for a Plan

Hi everybody,

it's soon time for us to present the plans for the winter development, and I'd like to hear what you guys want in there!

The primary goal will be mainly for attracting players back to Wurm Online in order to stop the current blood loss but we'll also aim to increase support for WU modding. We'll plan up until February-March which will be a manageable run. We have various ideas and have taken note of popular suggestions but asking you directly like this will be very interesting I think. So go wild with ideas that you think should be possible to implement in a couple of weeks max and we'll go through your suggestions. Huge projects like 3D caves are too big for this run and shouldn't be necessary in order to make the game more fun. Also, consider that the longer you make the post the more complex the suggestion will seem which will make it less probable to be implemented :) 

Anything from new features to improvements and top prio bugs are welcome!

We'll present and discuss this in IRC next Tuesday, the 8th at 17.00 hrs CET (8 am PST) (join irc.rizon.net, channel #wurm). We'll provide a summary of the plans in the news afterwards and a transcript of the chat session should end up here as well eventually.

• Like 15

How about a look at the suggestion on merging epic and freedom as a means of concentrating the pvp communities and fusing everyone into one cogent, functional cluster. 

Edited by Postinglels
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, Postinglels said:

How about a look at the suggestion on merging epic and freedom 

I did, 30% negativity means we risk losing a lot of players so at the moment it's a no go.

• Like 41

cave wall cover ups :D so we can make caves looking like dungeons or homes, by adding bricks or wooden planks to the walls. It would be mostly aesthetic though :) (could work like reinforced walls/or would need reinforced walls behind)

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Rolf said:

I did, 30% negativity means we risk losing a lot of players so at the moment it's a no go.

Only from MR chaos according from what I see on the forum poll. Put up an ingame poll on epic atleast to get a fairer representation than what the forum is producing 

• Like 7

advertising to get a new influx of player.

better fix for the settings so we don't loose those new players in the first 5 minutes where they are unable to run the game.

making the staff team competitive again, 3 month to get a /support ticket answered is no good for paying customers.

and maybe share how the game is 'supposed' to act which will help us to find the bugs for you, instead of relying on "it's secret, dig in WU code to find the features"

• Like 18

Short and simple idea:  replace functionality of the old bugged mooring ropes that allowed leading 4 animals with one rope.  Even if it's combining 4 normal ropes to lead 4 animals.  It's a major pain often to lead 4 things, especially 4 frantic bison that got accidentally unhitched from a wagon

• Like 34

cave housing, more animations (like sitting...), decorative clothing witout stats just for individualising your avatar, forum shop to buy gimmicks (without stats or giving some OP tools... you know), more armor types, new weaponmodels, new animal models anf of course fix the old models, bugs.

Edited by noermel
  • Like 7

Connect all isles togethere in a round world.

i.e. from East Pristine to West of Chaos, or maybe Deliverance (or any other island). (just to have a better way to travel), and North Inde with south Celebration

• Like 37

The client GUI, not that it wouldn't be nice to keep a legacy format no one can disagree I hope that the Wurm GUI could use some more tlc updates like with the select window and icons update.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 2

Visual robe and a new Crown, Scrap the McDonalds one.

Fix the cannot open boat inventory when you sit as passanger.

• Like 8

Well, give everyone premium from maybe 19th of december, till 3rd of january.

Does some "present" ingame exist? If not Add something that every player can gift one present to each player which grants some random loot. That way many people would have to interact with many others too. Santa Bag -backpack as special graphical version of a backpack.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rolf said:

Next time you vote for a party into government and have the minority vote, make sure I see you picketing on steps of your parliament house after they DONT get into government.

Sheesh... What if the 70% of people who agreed to the merge decided to leave?

Kil.

• Like 12

to increase population needs population for retention of new accounts.

catch 22. so basically, things that facilitate movement.

1.faster travel times on ships (better brakes on large ships) 

2.for pve, between server portals with maybe a 24hr timer.

3. more low end creatures that new players can hunt and not feel so useless at combat.

4.for pve, more usefulness from pets, so that they can actually fight with you

5. free 2 month in wo with purchase of wu. 

• Like 9

Suggestions regarding staff:
Hire a professional that can both suggest/direct what is financially solid moves/decisions and that can market the game in a professional way.

Get Rolf a secretary that can keep track of the loose ends and make things become real (within a reasonable time).

Test things before and don't just drop them on us, many things make us feel turned off. The new forum is just one example of many.

Make stuff for the empty slots on profile, and fix that king outfit!

I also support the idea of 2 months free prem when purchase WU.

Edited by Cecci
Added content
  • Like 17

I like the 2 months prem time in WO if you purchase WU. Some sort of gift card

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Rolf said:

Even with the consistent decline of population on the epic cluster? To me it looks like you would end up losing more than 30% keeping it as is, but i'll let you decide on that. At the very least consider an ingame poll, but i guess ill start speaking with my wallet and advise others to do the same. but i guess 30% negativity is too much when well over 3/4ths of the no votes come from the same kingdom who really won't quit if it happens.

The king gear needs models really badly though. They've been around for years and haven't changed.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KilsWitcH said:

Next time you vote for a party into government and have the minority vote, make sure I see you picketing on steps of your parliament house after they DONT get into government.

Sheesh... What if the 70% of people who agreed to the merge decided to leave?

Kil.

Hi Kilswitch, this is not a discussion thread about suggestions. I understand your point but that thread is already 24 pages long and this is for all other suggestions that may come up.

• Like 4

Let us not make this thread into another merging thread.

• Like 3

I can suggest a change that would be handy:

Add snuff option to smelters please!

Kil

Edited by KilsWitcH

35 minutes ago, Rolf said:

30% negativity are from Freedomers who don't know jack about Epic skill gain, its from PMKs who gain nothing from this merge (I don't want to make it KvK but it's true), and its those on Epic who don't want to leave.

Why not trust the majority of the playerbase? We know who voted. We know which players take what position. Do you? 

From those who voted "no", Freedomers won't leave if people from Epic come over, with their logic they worked too hard to leave. You're more likely to lose Epic people who don't have anything to do on Epic. 

Reconsider the merge, because I'd rather keep 70% who are bored of the server than the 30% people will be happy before or after the merge. 

But as a game changing option. Make boat travel slightly more convenient. i.e. if 100 tiles from the coast, you get double speed or something. One thing I hate to do on Wurm Online is sailing. 

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 5

Considering there has been a drop in population because of Wurm Unlimited might not be a bad idea to consider the merge. I think it is promising.

That or I stop paying premium on some of my accounts.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 4

I'd say the new models for each Kingdom Chief's Armor. 

I'd love to see Gary looking stupid as hell.

• Like 4

*controversial opinion alert*

notch seems kinda bored these days, why not invite him round to the office and get his opinion on the games development so far?

• Like 15