Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Plan for a Plan

more uses for the ores we have.   lead, copper, zinc, tin.  slate,   more furniture dectoractions  wall coverings,  tin tables. copper statues ect.   just more reasons to mine

brass fences on top of stone, like iron but nicer looking. steel house doors,  window curtains, wool or cotton. 

the rest of the armor slot pieces.  . 

small cart pul-lable with one horse.

love to one day see horse pull-able farm equipment. like the old old days. plows to cultivate 2 or 4 tiles at once.  or just one faster. harvest puller, seeders. 

• Like 2

Yo, Cornchips, typing your ideas in all caps doesn't make them worth more consideration. Just saying.

16 hours ago, Rolf said:

Also, consider that the longer you make the post the more complex the suggestion will seem which will make it less probable to be implemented :) 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vITEC7jweYBMvTI9ABOwD-fddIa9iP4Cc8Sj9Rve_Vs/edit

Doesn't bother me if you read it or not. I edited it substantially to be less controversial, so I don't have to waste my time trying to get this to you privately. I'd rather let the wolves have it and tear it to shreds so these unpopular thoughts can die in obscurity.

Edited by Dairuka
Derp.
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

Didn't do the in-depth read, but at a first glance lots of reasonable, intelligent material there.  Good tl;dr of a lot of player feedback.

*Edit*

-  Storage for liquids (Really dude, you hate boozemakers?  We make social lubricants!)

-  Storage for fish in some form or another (Ask any Xanadusian in the low mob areas)

Edited by Mordraug

I hate to say it but if ya want more people to stay increase skill speed by 2x on pve servers. Xanadu is in the way. Move it aside so anyone how want to sail to another server without spending +3 hours sailing through. Stressful. More critters like armored giants and golems.

7 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

inorite im not even mr or chaos and i dont want the merge. its just the vocal jke and rome advocating it

Very few jke wants it. 

• Like 1

12 Regiments of separatist rebels have risen in the province of Plan for a plan.

Short Term Bloodloss - Elephants in the room.

1. Decrease Action timers - specifically on mining or reduce the number of mining actions to break a wall.

2. Increase skill gain

The bottom line is that people will not migrate to WO from WU because its just too grindy. If you want to see a net positive effect on WO from WU purchases, the experience a player had on WU must be comparable. It is currently DRAMATICALLY different. So even if you do get people trying out WO, they simply will not stay. Its too grindy for the steam crowd. Until this is addressed, you will continue to suffer from player retention problems.

There are other ways of course, but they involve a longer subjective approach and significant reinvestment, which you said you were not entertaining.

Good Luck

• Like 2

i would never come back to WO cause of subscription WU one time payment good enough for me i shall stay there

I made a post earlier but didn't put many suggestions in it because I didn't have the time. If I was Rolf, I would personally focus on quality of life things to make the game less annoying. For example;

- Decrease the cost to COD an item, as we have so many servers now it's killing trade to pay 20c postage on a item worth 1s - essentially increasing the cost by 20%

- Allow mailing between different kingdoms on PvP servers. It's laughably easy to get around but it is a little frustrating.

- Possibly look at decreasing or removing taxation on merchants, currently if you sell something for 10s on a merchant you pay 1s tax, since we have mailboxes marketplaces are all ghost towns it would be good to make them more competitive.

- Potentially look at increasing the amount of items a merchant can hold. 50 items sounds like alot but for things like arrows or armour sets it's practically nothing

- Allow inventory groups to be priced and added to merchants. For example you can create a group '90ql chain set', put the chain pieces in it, set price at 5s or whatever and trade it to the merchant - buyers can see what's inside the group but only purchase the entire group (not individual items). This would be great for armor, arrows, locks/keys etc.

- Create a feature to dump a easily readable list of all items on a merchant (including enchants and price) so people who sell via merchants can easily update a forum post showing their stock levels

- PLEASE NOTE: All of the above will help Wurm make more money. As the more trade that exists, the more silver coins that have at some point been purchased.

- Increase the speed of wagons so moving around lots of items at once isn't so frustrating

- Increase sailing speed on PVE servers dramatically. Sailing for a whole day to go from Chaos to Pristine isn't fun (I am not a fan of increasing the speed on PvP servers however as it would just decrease PvP deaths)

- If you move items between containers, ie one BSB to a crate - currently you can only move the maximum items you can carry (ie 400kg) or in the case of veggies 100 items max. Remove both limitations and move as much as possible at once so if someone wants to move 300 items from a BSB to a crate they can do it in one click instead of 20

- For priests, increase the favor gained by locks, ropes, square cloth etc to be a bit more balanced with Nahjo/Lib veggies.

- BUFF ARCHERY. I'm sure there are some people out there who think if they grind archery to 100 and all bowskills 90-99 they might actually be able to hit something, but I've got some bad news for you....

• Like 5

Transporting none-swimming animals on large ships

FSBing cooked fish

Hitching posts

Cloaks

Using dye on clothing

And that's just off the top of my head.... i can think of a LOAD MORE LOL.

Why don't you just look on the "Suggestions & Ideas" part of the forum ? ..... that's what it's there for after all.... or am i missing something here ?.

A community page on the front page where twitch/youtube embedded advertisements can be placed and content shared outside of the forums for people first gazing into the World of Wurm - In your weekly news posts you only post pictures of Freedom, why not drop an Epic / Chaos pvp video into that also? 

I also think you should start to help those who create good wurm content by showing twitch links/announcing events via facebook and forums. 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

* When entering a boat inside a cave it should not start drifting. Wind should have no effect in caves.

* Boats and tabards could be more like wagons, flags and banners. Boats can have the kingdom symbol added to the sail like the wagon and tabards could be kingdom tabards like flags and banners.

* The starter deeds should be designed as medievalish cities. They are uninviting for newcomers and you cannot do much there. Their first impression is this is an empty game world. They could also be moved a bit more towards a trade center with little benefits for (placing) traders and merchants there instead of at other places on the servers.

* Metals and stones should be more like woodtypes. All with their own properties. More consistency makes it easier to understand the game.

* Do research. Bows are held in the wrong hand, caravels have a carrack model, the topography in Wurm Online is odd to say the least.

* Trolls live underground and only come out at night. Sunbeams turn them into stone.

* Add decent sound to creatures like crabs and seals. They all sound like sick snakes.

* Remove the auto-locks on carts and boats. This is a feature for lazy pve players that does not add anything on pvp other than the annoyance of false security and extra actions to replace the lock by a decent one. Decissions like this harm existing skills and remove depth from the game.

• Like 4

On 1. 12. 2015, Rolf said:

I did, 30% negativity means we risk losing a lot of players so at the moment it's a no go.

lol interesting ... you didnt think about that before all others patches,,,

• Like 2

My suggestion for making hota on chaos more fun:

Make a portal that can be only made on chaos (or epic if they want it), players make it and travel through it to reach hota (which is on some other place not reachable by boat or something).
At hota island there will be a code for "no deeds" to be formed. All buildings made there will have 100000x dmg intake (meaning a single wall can be broken by 1 bash action so that people do not use walls or buildings of any sort there) or make it so that houses or walls cannot be built there. The moment hota is finished, a 30 minute period for killing enemies is given and after that all players are teleported back to chaos. This portal is only usable when hota starts.

Other than that, normal pvp on chaos will remain as it is. Just a separate area for hota would be really cool.

Edited by Hashirama

On 12/1/2015, 4:07:03, GiuseppeP said:

Connect all isles togethere in a round world.

i.e. from East Pristine to West of Chaos, or maybe Deliverance (or any other island). (just to have a better way to travel), and North Inde with south Celebration

My "Simple Solution" suggestion would work for any border-crossing scenario.

• Like 1

remove merchants on chaos as they are on elevation, they are 100% only used to exploit and store unreachable items

1- For boat speed at least a minimum speed then bonus based on better wind, and offline sailing point A to point B log back in after the allotted time you will be at a destination you chose. This would not eliminate the sailing while online just an alternative means to speed travel if you were going to a specific location.

2- Portals to every server from every server for a person to eliminate mass transport of goods add a "travel bag" only items in that bag will go with you.  Will enable people to easlily attend a new market an event an impalong and even conduct small item business ie sleep powders, tool imp., picking up of non mailable item. etc..

3- Premium Cost  Many people run many toons a discount to toons after the first one.  Preist premium could also be discounted  significantly since they are not generally a main toon due to their  limited crafting.  ADDED  If you plan on not real growth on WO then each toon having a premuim is fine if you plan on growing and keeping that growth then since emails can have up to 5 toons then your premium should cover 5 toons with the option of adding additional character slots.  And each toon on each email would be the parent toon that you would buy premium for.  Premuims in that scenario could be a little higher on  a monthly basis.

4- Deed Cost  Maybe a little bit lower but not alot to avoid hella deeds everywhere.  But also maybe a "stake claim deed" this cant be developed would be very very cheap and allow players to secure a spot next to them or an ideal location later for expansion or even sell the claim of lets say a resource rich mountain.

5- Perimeter Tiles if it is your deed you should have the option to do a minimum of 1 tile and you should be able to extend the perim in any direction not have the space in all direction.  Adding perim should be the same as expanding the deed.

6- Merchant contracts prices should be lowered

7- More building wall types to create for unique looking structures ie marble fences, log cabin housing,

8- Adding different decorative items ie  shrubs,spiral shurbs

9- The artwork was shown for marble statues lets put it in game!

10- The ability to deposit at other banks instead of just your own say start towns, alliance deeds or even any.

11- Ability for the mayor (deed holder) to be able to bash walls mine doors fences etc on deed without any need for skill or premium.  This keeps its so easy for the alt holding the deed to accomplish things versus adding a citizen to simply get the job done or transferring mayor to a prem tooon with skill.

Happy Wurming!

Edited by Mistvengery

Hello Rolf,

I suggest that you keep the current premium rate cost and make deeds with no upkeep and use the deed mod.  You can limit max sizes of deeds, max # of 'Free" guards and max # of deeds each IP can hold.

Or you can make premium free and the deeds cost.

Remove the 5 prayers/meditates restriction per day with the 3 hour repeatable (Using sermon, or meditate).  Remove the priest character stat penalties or heck UNLOCK the priest on your server.  Yes maybe a few less character actually playing but people will be far more active with that priest than when playing a priest only.

Add Large cart storage size to Rowboats and or sailboats or provided a medium sized boat with that capacity.  Call it a longboat or a barge if you want.  Make it towable by other boats.

Allow larger tool sizes in backpacks, before the flames reach me, when I go camping I can still strap larger stuff to outside of my backpack. Why shouldnt we beable to attach a pickaxe or shovel to the outside of the backpack and have that simulated just by being in the inventory for that backpack.

Oh, Almost forgot

UNNERF tamed/charmed/dominated pets and make them have a huge (-95%) negative modifier when attacking other PLAYERS.

Edited by Drpox
  • Like 1

Ok here goes:

Make the catapulting system more simple - 1 winch = 1 tile. Minimum range is 10 tiles. On multistory buildings damage will always taken from top to bottom on the tile. Catapult shots will damage ALL sides of the tile it is hitting.

Artifacts - Revert the orb of doom back to its original values. 50% death 50% use for something which can be instantly healed in 10 seconds with a LoF is USELESS. Buff all the weapons slightly by giving them shorter swing timers, and AOE abilities (fire pillar for sword of mag, lof for hammer of mag, fungus trap for sceptre). Make it so the eye 100% locates no matter their nolo cast or ring power. Make it so finger of fo can be used on other players when activated. Increase the recharge points to last 4 weeks.

PvP server boarders - Players should not be allowed to cross a PvP server boarder if they have an enemy in local. This will prevent "Server hopping" to safety.

Chaos boarders - Open up all four server boarders to certain PvE islands. This will increase traffic flow through Chaos meaning a better Wurm economy and more PvP potential on Chaos.

Rare/Supreme/Fantastic boats - These should go over the max speed of a boat. Each rarity should add passenger speed buff even when reaching the max of 5.

PMK additions - Make it so that the PMK Chief can see a FULL list of all members in his/her kingdom. Make it so that players can be kicked from PMK's even when offline or off server. Introduce an office which the Chief can give out which will allow members to kick players/see the player list in a PMK without the need of having the crown. Kingdoms under 3% should not receive the capital bonus which you get with PMKs.

Chaos looting mechanics - Introduce the epic looting code onto Chaos. What i mean is that you cannot pick up a corpse if an enemy is within a certain proximity to yourself.

Armour archery/spell nerfs - This mechanic is useless and a real annoyance. Please remove this completely from Wurm.

Increase the amount of drake drakes drop - Currently Drakes drop roughly 1-2kg of drake which isnt even enough to make a full set. Dragons drop enough scale to make a full scale set. Some balance is needed here.

Probably will think of more later, but this is what i can think of right now.

• Like 1

I posted this about two weeks ago here, but I figure it's worth mentioning again. Please remove timers that serve no purpose other than to waste the players' time (e.g. on push/pull/turn, haul, load, etc. actions). If a timer has the potential for giving skill, I'm fine with it but as is it's really infuriating to spend forever doing things that could be done instantaneously without any detrimental effect on gameplay.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Redd said:

Ok here goes:

Make the catapulting system more simple - 1 winch = 1 tile. Minimum range is 10 tiles. On multistory buildings damage will always taken from top to bottom on the tile. Catapult shots will damage ALL sides of the tile it is hitting.

("raiding should be hard", I thought that this is the motto you live by. Pity that you keep asking for instant loot options instead of balancing the game by reducing the current meta)

Artifacts - Revert the orb of doom back to its original values. 50% death 50% use for something which can be instantly healed in 10 seconds with a LoF is USELESS. Buff all the weapons slightly by giving them shorter swing timers, and AOE abilities (fire pillar for sword of mag, lof for hammer of mag, fungus trap for sceptre). Make it so the eye 100% locates no matter their nolo cast or ring power. Make it so finger of fo can be used on other players when activated. Increase the recharge points to last 4 weeks.

(lol, nerf sotg for a more useful effect than "ughhh moar damage ") also artifacts are fine atm, they are plenty useful and continuously threatening to quit unless they are made op shows a childish shortsightedness) 

PvP server borders - Players should not be allowed to cross a PvP server boarder if they have an enemy in local. This will prevent "Server hopping" to safety.

(agree)

Chaos boarders - Open up all four server boarders to certain PvE islands. This will increase traffic flow through Chaos meaning a better Wurm economy and more PvP potential on Chaos.

(border*. Get gud. But agree only with border hopping no longer being a thing)

Rare/Supreme/Fantastic boats - These should go over the max speed of a boat. Each rarity should add passenger speed buff even when reaching the max of 5.

(no lol, already have a powerful bonus in terms of boat pvp by requiring less passengers, ergo allowing potential escape when casualties are taken)

PMK additions - Make it so that the PMK Chief can see a FULL list of all members in his/her kingdom. Make it so that players can be kicked from PMK's even when offline or off server. Introduce an office which the Chief can give out which will allow members to kick players/see the player list in a PMK without the need of having the crown. Kingdoms under 3% should not receive the capital bonus which you get with PMKs.

(such bias, you could easily argue that large kingdom's afford to pay more for their capital with such marvellous logic)

Chaos looting mechanics - Introduce the epic looting code onto Chaos. What i mean is that you cannot pick up a corpse if an enemy is within a certain proximity to yourself.

(another unique feature to rob from epic and abusable with corpse equipping )

Armour archery/spell nerfs - This mechanic is useless and a real annoyance. Please remove this completely from Wurm

(Ehh not even the worst annoyance,  just inconvenient at worst)

Increase the amount of drake drakes drop - Currently Drakes drop roughly 1-2kg of drake which isnt even enough to make a full set. Dragons drop enough scale to make a full scale set. Some balance is needed here.

(actually either increase the drop rate til we are making rugs from it or bring balance to the current armour meta)

Probably will think of more later, but this is what i can think of right now.

Counters in brackets but tldr stop thinking in terms of pushing through updates that solely benefit one particular wonderful kingdom. It's dumb and has a negative effect on all pvp in this game

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Postinglels said:

("raiding should be hard", I thought that this is the motto you live by. Pity that you keep asking for instant loot options instead of balancing the game by reducing the current meta)

(lol, nerf sotg for a more useful effect than "ughhh moar damage ") also artifacts are fine atm, they are plenty useful and continuously threatening to quit unless they are made op shows a childish shortsightedness) 

(agree)

(border*. Get gud. But agree only with border hopping no longer being a thing)

(such bias, you could easily argue that large kingdom's afford to pay more for their capital with such marvellous logic)

(Ehh not even the worst annoyance,  just inconvenient at worst)

(actually either increase the drop rate til we are making rugs from it or bring balance to the current armour meta)

Counters in brackets but tldr stop thinking in terms of pushing through updates that solely benefit one particular wonderful kingdom. It's dumb and has a negative effect on all pvp in this game

Please stop trolling. Comments like "I thought this is your motto" to counter an argument have neither any ground nor any real argument. 

I never mentioned Sotg in my post, so i dont know why you are commenting on it (i suggest you make a suggestion here).

"Such bias" is not an argument, but a troll comment, again, please stop with the drivel.

Please constructively post in the future. Though, what can we expect from an account made for trolling called "postinglels"

I want to be able to store a cooked meal and have it last more than a day.