Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Plan for a Plan

Oh and fix so armour stand reflects what is in them.

• Like 1

Make game world recover from quitting players faster by:

expand increased decay to not only include houses but all managed items like carts, boats and containers, when player not logged in for 6 weeks.

Let terraformed landscape that is left untouched recreate itself, auto disbanded deed explodes and wind changes landscape back to more like original

General increase off deed item decay.

all this to avoid need for more servers and spread already low population.

• Like 7

I think WU has been pretty good, it's attracted so many players - but there isn't much being done to try and convert WU players to WO, so the result is WO players bleeding to WU. I think it would be cool if there were some freebies offered to people who bought WU to entice them to come to WO.

For example give them some silver coins, not too much but enough for a deed, maybe 6s? 10s max. Also give a months worth of free premium.

As is, you spend $30 or whatever USD on WU and if you want to come and try WO, if you want to put a deed down it's another $20usd... I think there is a good potential to convert WU players into customers who pay every month for the game, after all 15,000 people bought WU but it seems like it's being missed so all you are getting is the once off $30usd and nothing ever again which isn't very helpful to development.

• Like 4

Already been suggested, but i love the idea of cheaper premium. Maybe cut it down by 50%. It would mean short term losses yes, but hopefully long term, massive gains. Also, for the love of god, give us the ability to change names already!

portal between epic and chaos that allows gears/skills to scale up/down on both sides to fight / help eachothers servers. 

• Like 4

You need a better engine , Java just cant hold a flame compared to others anymore.

Give me the graphics that ARK has with Wurm terraforming , then you will have loads of people lining up to play Wurm....

• Like 4

If you read some of the earlier Wurm Unlimited Steam discussion threads on the steam page you can get a good idea of why most these people left Wurm online and never played it again, or simply didn't try playing it. Some of these are things such as not having the money to pay for premium+deed upkeep+ Alts. Some being not having enough free time to play the game since it's sooooo slow and some other people thinking that they absolutely hate the slow grinding.

Still waiting for critters in south Xan.  Maybe put them there a bit faster?

Hate travel in this game.  Way too slow.  I have a life outside the game.  I cannot spend 8 hours traveling somewhere just because you have some players that do not have jobs.  Can't we get this faster?

On deed decay.  You are taking out our fountain containers.  This was how many of us stopped having to do the useless task of constant repairing.  Can we get that changed?

Please start explaining things.  This way a 'feature' won't be a bug later.  We shouldn't have to be going through the code from WU to figure out how things work.  We should have known these things already.  The discovery isn't fun when you think you discovered something nice to be told it is a bug later.

• Like 2

Flat map dumps to make it easier to navigate

Small servers north and south of xanadu sailing west to east and vice versa to reduce sailing times

• Like 4

As bad as it sounds a new server always brings back new players and gets a renewed interest from current ones. I would suggest a new separate cluster with faster skills and timers but a pve one to help people transition over from WU and give an option to the older players too if you were going to do something new.

Maybe even an adventure like server with a portal teleport that the developers/GMs can modify and hold events on or something. Have home sever/s that the players can live on full time with a resetting server that you can tp too or sail that can be reset and changed for new events or adventures so we get the feeling of a new server once or twice a year but have a home base and keep our skills/characters/items on the home server while you work on the next server event for the event server. 

On existing servers..

1: For me moving animals around that cant swim is a big one.

2: New wall types provoke people to build more and gives them something new to do.

3: Faster boat travel has been a big want for a long time

4: A global auction NPC where we can buy and sell from would promote trade in a huge way and get the economy going again.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

When I tried playing as a newbie without a friend's deed to start out on, I found it frustrating to carry all my stuff on my back, and that I lost the food/pets I was leading on the edges of buildings when I ran from mobs. The clipping of led animals has to be fixed, and I think some kind of donkey to pull locked small carts or carry a pack would help newbies a lot.

The ability to lock crates would be nice for newbies in temporary homes also, plus some way to lock up fishing poles and the gear that doesn't fit in chests.

• Like 2

how about a NEW PVP server, with an option for all players who login on chaos/epic the ability to transfer their characters, at first it might be slow, but adventually people would move because those 30% that aren't happy, they would finally move cause the other 70% moved. true story. that 30% don't want to be on the server by themselves. just saying.

NEW PVP cluster! name it Wurm Online 2.0 haha

3 hours ago, Rolf said:

I did, 30% negativity means we risk losing a lot of players so at the moment it's a no go.

what about the other 70% .. you could lose 30% maybe more from being bored of lack of content on the pvp servers?

• Like 1

One word. Fashion!

Should definitely add some Vanity Items :D The same boring look for everyone is annoying. Design some items that change how your character looks. Like, Elf suit, maybe some Summer Wear ;) like swim suits or even holiday costumes. O.o

• Like 2

add the option to pay for 10 or 20 days of prem time at token with silver.. often I don't fell like playing 30 days and only need like a week or two  for a project.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lycanthropic said:
  • Fodder troughs: A fodder trough in a pen. Could be filled with mixed grass/veggies/... and the animal, when it gets a hunger tick, would walk over to it, eat till its full, and then wander off again. Thus making it easy to feed your cattle and keeping them fed since they will go to the trough when needed.

+1 billion to this.

4 hours ago, Rolf said:

Hi everybody,

it's soon time for us to present the plans for the winter development, and I'd like to hear what you guys want in there!

The primary goal will be mainly for attracting players back to Wurm Online in order to stop the current blood loss but we'll also aim to increase support for WU modding. We'll plan up until February-March which will be a manageable run. We have various ideas and have taken note of popular suggestions but asking you directly like this will be very interesting I think. So go wild with ideas that you think should be possible to implement in a couple of weeks max and we'll go through your suggestions. Huge projects like 3D caves are too big for this run and shouldn't be necessary in order to make the game more fun. Also, consider that the longer you make the post the more complex the suggestion will seem which will make it less probable to be implemented :) 

Anything from new features to improvements and top prio bugs are welcome!

We'll present and discuss this in IRC next Tuesday, the 10th at 17.00 hrs CET (8 am PST) (join irc.rizon.net, channel #wurm). We'll provide a summary of the plans in the news afterwards and a transcript of the chat session should end up here as well eventually.

I'd suggest further incentivizing and tweaking current pvp activities on pvp servers, more pvp means more attractiveness which translates into more players which means more money for you rolf.

Especially missions has a hidden potential, currently saccing 2 horses on entirely friendly homeservers gives you exactly as much reward as a mission which tells you to drain an enemy capital, from what I understood missions was created to do just that; create pvp, which it has done, but not enough.

friendly homeserver mission rewards and effect on the valrei board (mag on mrh, fo on jkh, lib on blh) should be reduced to incentivize people to go and do missions on enemy homeservers and on elevation where the possibility for pvp dramatically increases, which in turn means more pvp because everyone wants a piece of the valrei rewards, more pvp means more players etc.

EDIT: also, if you throw in a package of a premium code for like 15-30 days or so into the purchase of wurm unlimited, WU people will have a very good position to try out wurm online, there's no link between them currently so for WU players to come to WO they have to pay more which they don't want to do, if they get to test WO they might get hooked and continue playing though

Edited by changer

I wanted to give feedback about some suggestions that I don't agree with:

* Changing names - if names can be changed, there needs to be a way to tell what the old name was, for reputation's sake. Maybe an asterisk after the new name, to indicate that it has been altered, and then a way to look up the old name(s). People who've griefed and robbed shouldn't be able to just change their name and easily get repeat victims.

* Abandoned deeds quickly going back to unterraformed hills, etc. - 9 of the 13 deeds I have right now I either bought directly from the previous mayor, or I saw an abandoned deed, liked it too much to let it rot, and re-deeded it. I HATE terraforming - surface mining is too tedious for me. So if deeds immediately turned back to giant stone cliffs, you'd have 9 less paying deeds right now. I like exploring abandoned deeds, and reclaiming nice animal pens already lined with enchanted grass. Maybe let the planting of a deed stake give the chance to say "raze all of the stuff that's here" if the person WANTS that. I know I wouldn't.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

I wanted to give feedback about some suggestions that I don't agree with:

* Changing names - if names can be changed, there needs to be a way to tell what the old name was, for reputation's sake. Maybe an asterisk after the new name, to indicate that it has been altered, and then a way to look up the old name(s). People who've griefed and robbed shouldn't be able to just change their name and easily get repeat victims.

* Abandoned deeds quickly going back to unterraformed hills, etc. - 9 of the 13 deeds I have right now I either bought directly from the previous mayor, or I saw an abandoned deed, liked it too much to let it rot, and re-deeded it. I HATE terraforming - surface mining is too tedious for me. So if deeds immediately turned back to giant stone cliffs, you'd have 9 less paying deeds right now. I like exploring abandoned deeds, and reclaiming nice animal pens already lined with enchanted grass. Maybe let the planting of a deed stake give the chance to say "raze all of the stuff that's here" if the person WANTS that. I know I wouldn't.

i completely agree with both of those LorraineJ. changing names, they totally could do that too, add a new SQL column for previous name and that would solve that one. totally doable.

and i don't even think they can implement the ability to revert a previously deeded area back to natural terrain. :)

Edited by 2015_GOMEO

Big pvp community, and pve events are the two things where WO can be better than WU.

To help the first, make transitioning from pve to pvp easier. Half a year wait time for double hp bar is kinda killing this.

To help the second, clone spellcast two or three times.

+1 for sleeping in caves

+1 to let us add doors inside a cave. (I think PvE servers only)

+1 for Faster Boat Speeds

+1 for faster Carts

+1 for Horse Saddle Bags

+1 For Name Changes (maybe ask 5s for that)

Maybe a new Type of ship to carry non swimming animals across water.

Portals between allied Villages. (Allow carts/wagons with load through).

Npc towns on freedom that people could hunt at.  Or a dungeon crawl system.  Doors inside mine.

Edited by tgod

Custom clothing! (Some parts are already made but they need adding to the game?)

• Like 3