Sign in to follow this  
Steveleeb

Merchants deduct funds from bank account

Folk would spend more.
It'd be great for the economy.

I've seen some very cool merchant setups, which the game isn't ready for because first the customer has to find a Token to get money out of their bank.

• Like 1

Maybe we have something like a checkbook or what ever and if we pay we can put that instead of the silver on the merchant and it will take from our bank account thru that?

Hrm... on one hand it would be very convenient, especially when the buyer and/or the merchant don't have exact change.

On the otherhand it cuts out the chance of catching someone with coin on them in pvp. Maybe one of those PvE-only things.

29 minutes ago, Halebel said:

+1, could be nice and no reason not to

the R in RPG is the reason, because you need to carry the money with you and the chance to lose it. It's only save in the Bank and we do not have cashless payments, because a few centuries too late for the Wurm setup.

For me and my way of playing the game, in pve, it would've been great.

+1

5 hours ago, PWreset said:

the R in RPG is the reason, because you need to carry the money with you and the chance to lose it. It's only save in the Bank and we do not have cashless payments, because a few centuries too late for the Wurm setup.

Twice now, ive founded a deed and realised, the money was on my person instead of where it needed to be, the bank.
What about sending mail? .. money taken from the bank.
I'm sure i could find more examples if i cared to.
It's all very well applying logic to things, but it doesn't wash so well in wurm.

If we need a fudge factor, we can call it magic.

Edited by Steveleeb

This is already implemented when CODing items. You automaticly get money from the reciever to your bank. The same when collecting something from the mailbox that has a cost, the money will be taken from your bank.

Shouldnt be hard work to implement this for the rest aswell. But i can agree that it would have some minor impacts on the pvp side.

International banking was available in the medieval world in the time of crusades and templars, even before full plate armour was a thing

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 3

I don't understand the -1 for pvp, but there's no economy worthwhile on pvp servers anyway so +1 for all

20 hours ago, Simyaci said:

International banking was available in the medieval world in the time of crusades and templars, even before full plate armour was a thing

Just in case that was sarcasm, or for anyone who takes your post as a -1 reason:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banknote

The idea of using a durable light-weight substance as evidence of a promise to pay a bearer on demand originated in China during the Han Dynasty in 118 BC, and was made of leather.[4] The first known banknote was first developed in Chinaduring the Tang and Song dynasties, starting in the 7th century. Its roots were in merchant receipts of deposit during the Tang Dynasty (618–907), as merchants andwholesalers desired to avoid the heavy bulk of copper coinage in large commercial transactions.[5][6][7] During the Yuan Dynasty, banknotes were adopted by theMongol Empire. In Europe, the concept of banknotes was first introduced during the 13th century by travelers such as Marco Polo,[8][9] with European banknotes appearing in 1661 in Sweden.

If the spirits that deliver the mail are able to handle money usually, then they should be able to deliver it to me if there is a mailbox nearby. Without being able to relocate the token within a deed, perhaps a mailbox could be placed to serve as a means to access your bank. I don't think the spirits would mind the business.

On 11/29/2015, 11:15:47, Steveleeb said:

I've seen some very cool merchant setups, which the game isn't ready for because first the customer has to find a Token to get money out of their bank.

+1

On 30.11.2015 13:41:01, Steveleeb said:

Twice now, ive founded a deed and realised, the money was on my person instead of where it needed to be, the bank.
What about sending mail? .. money taken from the bank.
I'm sure i could find more examples if i cared to.
It's all very well applying logic to things, but it doesn't wash so well in wurm.

If we need a fudge factor, we can call it magic.

hm, some kind of courier that charegs something (which is basically liek the mail) woul work in a way that makes sense.

Really cool would be having bankers as NPC's this would require them to be placed first and adding the more realistic flavour without them being available everywere.

I don't understand why you'd wanna split the code for this, it would have the same affect on both clusters and there's no downsides to it