Sign in to follow this  
Reylaark

Armor Stand Graphics

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but searching this subforum didn't turn anything up.

Would it be possible to alter the graphics of the armor stands in the same way as animals are currently being modded? (which is awesome btw)

Would basically like to see armor stands showing something other than studded leather.  

If probing the contents of the stand is a bit much to code, maybe have different armor stands require a particular hat/helm to make it that type of stand?  Seems hitching posts could be made to require particular ingredients so guessing the possibility is there... but then a little knowledge is a dangerous thing -_-

• Like 1

It's easy to alter the model it's self. As far as putting gear on them it would require getting the armor off the male model which has every armor piece on them when imported in. Then the person would have to hide and freeze all models they don't want.

From that point they could import the stand or make a new model stand and position them pieces on the model stand and export them. But it is really doable. I don't personally have time right now got my own stuff I'm modeling and working on but maybe someone else other than me can model them for you.

• Like 2

I think it would be nice to completely overhaul the stands and make mannequins - dummy people with blank faces.  You could open them like your own "paper doll" inventory and place the armor pieces in the appropriate slots.  Even equip a weapon and shield.  Maybe have 2-3 different poses you can set the mannequin.  Crossed swords, standing guard with spear, etc.

suit%20of%20armor_zpsgv9jukfa.jpg