Sign in to follow this  
Aeryck

[Duplicate] Tents Losing Locks

Have an Explorers Tent I made. Had the automatic lock on it. Crossed to Release and then Pristine and when I tried to use it on pristine the lock was gone. Managed to find a lock laying around and relock it. When I got back to Xanadu the lock is rusted off again.

[16:09:10] It looks like the lock has nearly rusted away, it should be replaced.

Prior to leaving Xana I did trade and drop the tent a few times and the lock I attached on Pristine was a random one I found so maybe the ownership of the 2nd lock or the fact that another player held my tent for a short time broke it? Here is a picture of a lizard.

0123%20Lizard.jpg

• Like 1

Tent came unlocked when crossing borders again. Getting tired of this...

I cant be sure but I just went back to Xana and then back to Release and I believe that the old lock is in my inventory now...

Now back on Xana and this:

[20:37:24] A more robust version of the standard tent but without the item protection restrictions. It has a lock of very poor quality, which is unlocked. The name of the owner, Aeryck, has been etched on a pole.

Just did another test; locked before leaving Xana; still locked on pristine, still locked after returning to Xanadu. Unlocked once I crossed to release and locked again once I arrived back on Xana.

I also had to do some witchcraft to get the name changed which required unlocking, dropping, picking up, locking again and then could rename.

Aye, have run into this myself off and on after server crossings. Granted afaik tent locks are meant to decay; though, even the current regular rate can be too fast imho.

Still a lock decaying within the timepan of a single RL day with a server crossing is a bit much.

1 hour ago, Klaa said:

Still a lock decaying within the timepan of a single RL day with a server crossing is a bit much.

The problem is that it decays; it disappears completely and then reappears on the tent, still undamaged and hot from the forge.

Just now, Aeryck said:

The problem is that it decays; it disappears completely and then reappears on the tent, still undamaged and hot from the forge.

Oh? Didnt see mention of the lock re-appearing later.

Have not come across that one in particular myself with tents; though, it has happened on other lockable items, especially small chests.

Problem still persists. Tent was unlocked yesterday and locked again today.

This is a common issue with any type of locks when crossing servers .  I once lost over 100 sacable door locks and had to wait a week for enki to make some new ones 

Yes, this should be fixed asap. Once went to make new tents to the other side, came back that same day and lokced them. After I crossed servers with them, the same happen to all the locks. They all rusted away, on the server crossing.

I just dont bother to replace the lock anymore, they always say that info that the lock as nearly rusted away, but in the end of it, they r still locked and no1 can grab them.