Sign in to follow this  
Brimble

A Hell Hound has my scent

I've just been killed by a Hell Hound. On my way back to pick up my corpse I thought to myself 'I wonder if the little blighter is still near' - just before he killed me the second time!

Do Hell Hounds (Or any other mobs) hang around the same area for a given time?

I was killed at night, would it be more safe to go corpse hunting during the day?

I'm a bit to far from home to try and draw him after me and have one of the family spirit knights see him off.

Also I'm halfway down a steep slope and have to climb a lot to where I died!

Any advice on how to get my gear back will be much appreciated - thanks

they pat(run) around the area. It can be very hard to get a corpse back :-/ best way is to try and lure it to a tower, target it, and say "help" in local. Then run around till the guards kill it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

they pat(run) around the area. It can be very hard to get a corpse back :-/ best way is to try and lure it to a tower, target it, and say "help" in local. Then run around till the guards kill it

yeah, thats your best bet, or if there is a deed close by you might be able to find somone can kill it for you and get it back.

• Like 1

Just now, bennyrose said:

yeah, thats your best bet, or if there is a deed close by you might be able to find somone can kill it for you and get it back.

Can even try asking in freedom, /shout, if some one would help you. Some people are kind and will help :-)

You can also kite it away from the corpse you want and when you die and go back (if you cant find water)  The hell hound will not be near the corpse that has your gear.

• Like 1

Assuming there's anything on the corpse worth all the hassle.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I thought I would try and lure it away from my corpse. What I actually did was panic and run around like a headless chicken and get lost. I kept looking behind and it was scarey as it would just hold it's ground staring at me for two seconds before running after me. I was on a side of a steep hill and tried not to use climb to much. As luck would have it I almost ran into one of my spirit guards - I could swear he was laughing - I had somehow stumbled back to my deed.

Phew! It took me about 20 mins to get my corpse back, a lesson well learnt is always be aware of where you are, know your way home, and when in the wood at night wear extra underwear !

Thanks again for all your advice

• Like 2