Sign in to follow this  
zaaephod

Not skilled enough in carpentry as GM

[18:57:36] You set Carpentry to 99.999999.

[18:57:40] You are not skilled enough in Carpentry to build this size of structure.

This building really isn't all that big, but anyway, is there a way around this as a GM? I'm two lousy tiles short of completing the building.

Thanks,

Z

Edited by zaaephod

The only way to change this would be through a mod. I'm sorry.

Well then, my plans will have to be somewhat less grand. Thanks for the reply.

Don't give up. You are 99.9% of the way there. Don't give up now.

** BAH, I just realized the post above me was replying to a 4 year old thread >.< and the pertson they were "replying" to hasn't been around in years ,,,

(Coldie's) building skill mod

This mod adjusts how much carpentry skill is required to plan buildings, in the properties file is 1 simple value to adjust skillfactor this is a whole integer, so 2 or 3 or 4 etc. basically times your carp skill by this. So a 13x13 plan would normally require 52 wall + 169 tiles = 221, obviously impossible with default, make the skillfactor 6 and you could plan it at 37 skill. Extreme example obviously but that is how the factor works. Default value is set at 2, halving required skill.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCgj_Jz3qiuOh1jjmD

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

@Brash_EndeavorsHow do i use this mod. im trying to build a big castle but just found the limit. i have no idea how to apply the mod to the game

Edited by SuperV6

On 11/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

** BAH, I just realized the post above me was replying to a 4 year old thread >.< and the pertson they were "replying" to hasn't been around in years ,,,

(Coldie's) building skill mod

This mod adjusts how much carpentry skill is required to plan buildings, in the properties file is 1 simple value to adjust skillfactor this is a whole integer, so 2 or 3 or 4 etc. basically times your carp skill by this. So a 13x13 plan would normally require 52 wall + 169 tiles = 221, obviously impossible with default, make the skillfactor 6 and you could plan it at 37 skill. Extreme example obviously but that is how the factor works. Default value is set at 2, halving required skill.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjCgj_Jz3qiuOh1jjmD

.. but other may run into the same issue 😉  .. so thanks for the post 🙂  .. I might use the link/mod 😛

• Like 1