Sign in to follow this  
NESGamepro

Exodus Community Mhttps://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/135426-exodus-community-map/ap

Map updated. Explored some in the north so lots of changes there.

Interactive map update.

-If the map looks messed up or doesn't work reload the page.

-The twitter getter is now fully active! This means any time a deed is founded or disbanded the deed list will automatically update twice per day to show the changes. When the map itself is updated, which is still a manual process, the orange and red deeds will usually be reset to zero, not this time though so you can see how it works.

-At the bottom of the Deeds tab is a new key for the colors and a count of known deeds for each type. The white "Total" has a second number in parenthesis, this is the actual current number of deeds as reported by the server, if the 2 numbers are the same and there are no yellow, orange or red deeds then the map is 100% accurate (hasn't happened yet). You can click the name of each deed type in this key and the deed list will be sorted to show only those deeds, click "Total" to show them all again.

-You can now click on any deed marker on the map and the name of the deed will appear as the label next to the pointer, if you double-click a deed marker any information on the deed from Twitter or manually input will be shown in a dialog box.

-Zoom Mode! You can enter zoom mode by clicking the "Enter Zoom Mode" button from the Image tab in the main Options mode. Zoom mode disables the pointer and replaces it with click and drag to scroll. Scrolling the mouse wheel will zoom in and out of the map. The level of zoom is indicated below the icon, starting at 100% which is the actual size of the map seen in all other modes and going from 33% all the way to 1600% which is 16 times actual size! This feature has been tested to work on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Edge. There is a known issue where the map isn't zooming in where your cursor hovers. As soon as I figure out the math to do that I'll add it, I decided to release this anyway because I think it's still useful.

-Hidden feature: Double-click the deeds tab to outline all the deed markers on the map. I don't know why you'd want to use this but I use it to make sure the clickable areas on the map line up with the deed markers properly. As you can see I'm 1 pixel off for many deeds, which I'll correct in time.

-The background map selector in the Toggles tab is now a select box. This is to prepare for the new map dumps coming soon (tm).

Edited by NESGamepro

[11:12:25] The settlement of Vicus Arboria has just been disbanded by Aranarth. RIP

I replaced that deed with a new one pretty much in the same location, but a helluva a lot smaller.

[11:17:22] The settlement of Sandford And Son's has just been founded by Justjune.

• Like 1

New Settlement: Venospawn
Ammenities: Mailbox

Ty

a087903eba2e47a8bef8ec672b612f32.png

Edited by Ayluin
  • Like 1

I think the arrow for your deed should be pointing at the guard tower right below it, pretty sure that is where the mailbox I casted up for the previous owner is. ;)

Edited by JakeRivers

@JakeRiversWhen you're right, you're right. Headed west and ran straight into that small marsh patch. Tower is close, but out of local range for guards it seems. Thanks for the heads up, fixed. :)

Please be aware the Mt Tundra Express is still a work in progress and while you can sail through it, Bear in mind that at the S end it is only passable by Knarr for now till it is dredged.

Can I add man made locations?

y:35 x:7 The Hall of the Dead (It's reinforced and has at least 4 entrances only a couple of which are reinforced)

y:35 x:6 The seat of Fo (There are two paths up the mountain, a shrine to Fo and a temple building(Including:Fodd, water and beds) I will maintain as long as possible for travelers)

I can supply pics for both :)

• Like 1

What do you mean man made? Everything in Wurm is man made. Are those mission places?

They are interesting places I have made for everyone to experience in their travels. Hopefully to inspire new and old exodians ;)

I have made an error in the location of Venospawn. After thoroughly exploring the area, it is a bit more south. It is your choice whether or not you want to update it. It's not a huge difference but when we start constructing roads it will make more sense for it to be corrected.

https://i.snag.gy/pd45Nq.jpg

Edited by Ayluin
  • Like 1

Disbanded Deeds

Agria Habour x:6 y46

Agria Gardens x:6 y:45

Arachnogenic Necrosis x:3 y:41

• Like 1

Arbor Vitae (x:17 y:22)

A deed of mine I forgot to add before.

The one I added above, Birchwood Vista is some friends of mine who I been helping out, and they would love to see there deed on the community map.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Map updated to here.

Interactive Map Update:

-Points of interest. Works just like deed icons, click on a camera icon to move the pointer to it and show the name in the label, double-click for information about it in a dialog box. These only show up on the map itself and not in the deed list.

Coming soon(ish) - the ability to upload pictures of Deeds and Points of Interest.

• Like 1

Add Heralds Holdfast

current resource : grass (will change..... honest)

x29:y36 south-side of canal.

• Like 2

Breannah
x11 y13
Deed overlooks water on that square

Edited by AlexLong
  • Like 1