Sign in to follow this  
Pcguy1000

suggestion new skill: mapmaking

I want a new skill called: mapmaking: a skill that would allow anyone to make maps of the local area's

could add paper to wemp and a recipe for it. dye could be used for ink.

• Like 2

There's already papyrus from reeds and ink from octopuses so I think that bit's covered but I would love to be able to map out an area as long as the mechanics have enough depth.

The resolution of the map could differ depending on the area you want to cover, the bigger the area, the less detailed it will be. As your skill improves, the map's resolution would too.

If possible, land measuring tools would be awesome. Seeing how the bridge building works, something like that should be possible. Doing it without tools would also be an option if some code was written to define 'landmarks' in the area you've chosen to map, mainly structures, hills and dips in the terrain. You'd then have to visit these landmarks to complete your map. It should avoid unscalable mountains though :/

Anyway, I'm for it. It would be a very nice addition and one that would make sense. Now we could finally have a map of what's behind that mountain :D