Sign in to follow this  
0600Zulu

Basic "Mission Ruler" guide

Nice guide! Thanks for it as I have been yanking teeth trying to figure it all out. One point to make, the resize text box for text input does work however it is based in pixels so if you want anything to show up set it for 50x50 or 100x100 initially and work from that point. Verify will then work as soon as you hit the "send" after creating the trigger effect. The first time I tried it I thought it did not work either until I noticed a brown pixel in the center of my screen. A moment of panic until I realized it was not a dead pixel on my monitor but the text box.

Awesome Guide, but what we really need is more examples.? Like a good kill missions setup. Or Like the Goblin one you talked about in the Guide. How the heck would you go about that..?

Also how do you get players to Take missions..? Are they already in the game for anyone to take ot do you need to setup a Vendor for them to get from the vendor or something. No one ever says how missions are obtained in Wurm just how they are setup. Is there a pre-script mission you need to have to give the mission to a player.?? Or shouldn't there not be a Do you want this mission Yes/No type of thing..?? Or is it that they don't have a choice they just get the mission.. 

To many questions left unanswered still. But great start..

I can create some missions Like I did a teleporter one but its not like the players go and take it or choose it. If they simply walk into the doorway the get teleported to another location.

There has got to be a way for a player to walk up to a Vendor or NPC and click like trade or examine them and get a box that says I have things for you to do do you want to do them Yes/No. not just that he examines the NPC and automatically gets a mission.. Because then what if they don't want it..? Then what do they do..?

Edited by Karther

To give a mission to a specific player we use a number of tricks. For example, and we have not done this one yet, if you wanted to have a character accept a quest from oh let us say Luke Skywalker, create a toon called Luke Skywalker and grant him dev powers. Have Luke pen a papyrus note that starts the quest chain, have him create the quest rewards as well. That way if a player examines the notes or rewards they will state "created by Luke Skywalker" which adds to the immersion. You can give the note to the player in a number of ways. We have stuck them in a chest, in a pottery jar dropped on the shoreline of his deed, or even dropped in their mine or house. Eventually they will find them. Then if the player has NPCS around on his deed have your Luke go over to talk to them. This will trigger them to mention "Luke" as long as he remains in the server player database. Once completed you can delete him and remove his name from the db.

Edited by Adramaleck

I am having some weird issues getting missions working. 

The current problem I am having is that my GM char created a mission that triggers when a sand tile is stepped on. A brown bear is spawned and an ash is placed in his inventory. 

When I walk over the same tile with a normal character nothing happens, nothing triggers. Any ideas?