Sign in to follow this  
Moha

Need Info: How to properly backup players on a clustered server?

I need a command in game or something that I can run to properly backup all character information across all of my servers.  For some reason this game does not seem to backup my character data for those characters on my clustered servers.  This is a HUGE flaw.  Basically all of my characters on clustered servers get rolled back at each restart.  This is a huge bug and I do not know why other people have not experienced this, or are not complaining about this.

I explained things a bit in your other post, but I'll add a bit of info here as well.

Data is saved to the database as the server runs. You can't edit the files as there are locks in place. When a server shuts down, everything is as it should be on-disk.

If you are having what seems to be data loss, I would first look to see if you are using the correct server folder. If you are running on a hosted platform, I would contact them to see what might be happening as well. It's not normal, nor any bug that I know of, for data to suddenly go missing. The issue is more than likely one of the wrong file being loaded or something strange going on with your host.

• Like 1

The only data loss I am getting has to do with player data.  All items and resources are in the right locations.  

So I cross my server boundary and drive half way around the server.  The server restarts. My ship, cart, items, and everything else are still half way around the new world.  My characters are rubber banded back to the point in time where they crossed the server boundary.  Their items are duped which creates a huge issue, and they are left floating in the NW corner of the login server map.  

So the data in the tables are loading correctly except the character data.  This is why I feel it is a bug.  It may indeed be that their script is not properly shutting down the server which is corrupting the character data.  But because everything else, but the player data is intact it really feels like a bug withat how player data is handled.  Is there a way I can force my player data to sync with the login server?  

If the login server goes down, what is the expected functionality of my other servers in the cluster?  Should they function as normal and Sync back up after the login server reconnects?  Should they be booting all my players offline?  

I read your other post and did not see those folders within my hosted environment.  I really need more clarification as to how this is supposed to work so I may properly diagnose and fix the issue.  Thank you for any information provided so far.