Sign in to follow this  
Nuinethir

Server Administration: editing tools/buffs for new players

I am building a server on my home network (to test before I go live) that modifies the original rule set beyond the parameters of the GUI/console. I have seen other servers do it...

• Increasing QL for newbie tools
  • Adding/removing/changing newbie tools
  • Adding starter buffs (such as the newbie food/heal/aggro buff like on WO)
  • Periodic server messages
  • anything else you can think of that isn't "vanilla"

When I built my own server, I could change the experience leveling as well as action speed, but beyond that I saw no additional settings. Maybe I am missing it, but I Googled and searched the Mods section and don't see anything that changes these rules/templates. I have checked the SQLite files and didn't see anything resembling the above. I have experience with Minecraft server administration (Bukkit and Forge mainly), but I am lost here.

Can anyone here assist me in how to approach this? Any links or configs you can provide are greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

All right, after digging a little deeper, someone mentioned to me that it is through modifying the .class files within the server.jar. Decompile, edit, then recompile. I am not a programmer professionally, but I have dabbled here and there in Java so I believe I am up to the task. That being said, can anyone point me in the right direction as to which files to dig into?

I have also seen a few servers that have things like dirt, rock, and ore drop on the ground immediately after being dug/mined. Not sure if there is a flag I should be looking for or if that is a custom piece of code.

If you go to the modding section of the forums, you'll hopefully get a bit more support on specifics. There is also a mod called Digging Like Mining that will do the dirt dropping thing. :)

31 minutes ago, Llurendt said:

If you go to the modding section of the forums, you'll hopefully get a bit more support on specifics. There is also a mod called Digging Like Mining that will do the dirt dropping thing. :)

Thanks for that. I will be trying that first and see how it goes.