Sign in to follow this  
Trake

I hate the new forums... I hate the new forums... I hate the new forums...

I can't even read them anymore. I give up.

I'll check back periodically for the Wurm Unlimited section, but damn... You guys have done it again.

These updates are awful. There was no preparation, clearly no testing. There are no ###### consistent links from the old site. The only way to get to IRC now is to un-bury the abandoned page on the Wiki.

You guys gutted it, slapped in a fresh install and have been piecing it together... just shooting from the hip as always.

I'll be honest. I'm a very difficult person to annoy or offend... but these forum changes are the epitome of CodeClub operation (from my perspective).

Rolf, you need what the business industry calls a "Project Manager".  A person skilled and trained in PMBOK.

Someone who can look at a goal, and plan/execute the most desirable path for that goal. Throwing someone a notebook of scribbled notes and leaving them to their own devices --- is why so many of these tasks end up being botched.

I just hope the recent changes have good reason (security flaws, they refused to sell us another years license) - because, I've lost most interest in participating here.

...Unless of course someone knows how I can go clicky-clicky and get the old theme, navigation, setup, layout back. In which case, sorry for the outburst, carry on.

• Like 3

Give it time to settle. first time i logged in on this new thingy called forum, :D eww... not likey at all right now but it works :)

6 hours ago, Redi73 said:

Give it time to settle. first time i logged in on this new thingy called forum, :D eww... not likey at all right now but it works :)

Well, see you could install a separate forum installation on the same host. Setup the custom template. Import the content from the live forums on your go-live date.

Transparent change to the users and everything looks fresh and updated when the settings take affect.

It's web management 101.

Many puppies died in the rolling out of the present theme, but I think it's now readable. We mourn the many puppies, who are always the first to jump into the Pit of Spikey Internet Anger when temporary changes affect a means of Internet Discourse.

• Like 1

I do wish there was a way to mark individual posts as read in the streams without marking the whole forum or by going to each post. 

• Like 1

Has anything ever done by CodeClub looked or worked, or behaved mildly professional?  Why would the forum changes be any different.