Sign in to follow this  
Munsta0

[RELEASED] Improved Improve for Ago's mod loader (client)

After yesterdays patch all my mods do not work anymore. Improved Improve also. Reinstalled the latest version of ago's mod loader, and reinstalled the complete game also. Any hint to get my mods working again ?

Yup..this doesnt seem to work for me now since I installed the latest AGO Modloader.

[EDIT] Disregard...user error :)

Edited by Tovak

It's working for me again. I heared that after every steam-patch of WU you have to run the patcher of Ago's mod loader again..and after i did that, all good here.

Can we change the hotkey to a different key than T?

Or, is it simply just using the "improve" action that causes the mod to start? Such as Mouse3

Edited by IloveWurm

It simply hooks the improve action and changes the tool to the right one before it's sent.

On 16/07/2016 at 5:47 PM, fivefinger said:

Auto-repair would be awesome 

I totally agree, but it won't be possible/convinient with the way I found.

Just incase you are curious, let me explain a few things.

The server takes care of a LOT of things for you, and for this mod to be 100% client side ( which is the goal ), I need to work around a few things.

As far as I remember from my digging, the client sends an action request to the server, saying X player wants to do Y action on Z target using A item, or something like that. Then the server decides if it will let the player do that action, and sends an answer back saying "Go ahead and queue this action", and your character begins its action.

The above means I can't force anything in the queue, I can't insert an action between an already queued action. This sucks. ( I could probably do shenanigans like store locally all the actions requested, cancel all the actions, queue the one I want, requeue all the others, but that sounds like a ######ton of work )

Another thing is, I do not think I could make a difference between an item being damaged due to improvement and an item damaged due to use, which means I can't just say "Oh if this item == damaged, then repair it"

I could force a repair action before any improve action, but that would lead to quickly filling up your queue. If I have 4 possible actions, and I'm improve 4 items, here is what will happen : "repair improve" "repair improve" "full" "full" (each "" being one item)

So yeah.. idk. But I am probably gonna get back into playing some more WU for the next few weeks so I might try it again

Check if the target item has damage before sending an improve action, if so send a repair action before it. Should be pretty easy.

Can't get it to work, No idea why. do I put the files in the mods file inside the WurmLauncher folder or directly into the WurmLauncher folder? I've tried both ways with no luck. ran the patcher after each attempt.

Edit: I'm just stupid. I was trying to imp my bed. forgot the item has to be in my inventory.

Edited by Lordcomp

This mod is possibly broken. After the latest Wurm patch, I could not improve with a carving knife. Now that the mod was disabled all is now normal again with improving.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:13 AM, conmcb25 said:

This mod is possibly broken. After the latest Wurm patch, I could not improve with a carving knife. Now that the mod was disabled all is now normal again with improving.

Make sure you didn't have a chisel or other knife that looks similar to the carving knife graphic in your toolbelt.

Known bug with the mod. I often can't get chisel or carving knife to work when the other item is above it in the toolbelt.

To be really sure, empty toolbelt with mod enabled. Add only the improving tools needed, test. Should work.

On 15/03/2017 at 5:45 PM, Nappy said:

Make sure you didn't have a chisel or other knife that looks similar to the carving knife graphic in your toolbelt.

Known bug with the mod. I often can't get chisel or carving knife to work when the other item is above it in the toolbelt.

To be really sure, empty toolbelt with mod enabled. Add only the improving tools needed, test. Should work.

Yo!

Interesting.. Yeah I think that's how I do my comparison, using the improve icon vs actual icon. I try the items from left to right. 

To be honest I have no freaking idea how I even compile this mod now, I'll see if I can dig up the how to do anything and attempt to address this.

EDIT : okay after looking at my code, I'm comparing the item type vs the improve icon, which leads to other type of knives being tried when they shouldn't. I don't know if I could avoid it.

Edited by Munsta0

Mod is outdated :? wont do anything with only the tools needed for imping in toolbelt

3 hours ago, Woltox said:

Mod is outdated :? wont do anything with only the tools needed for imping in toolbelt

try activating the tool once. it happens to me mostly with leather, i need to activate it to

begin with, but after that it works fine. also the item your imping needs to be

in a container. items out of containers dont auto select imping tool

Cause it shall work on : DragonScale armour + Glimmer/adman tools/weapons ?

Worked with the tip above, would be nice with an auto repair also!

Edited by Woltox

3 hours ago, Woltox said:

you should be able to bind two actions with custom bind mod. ex. 

bind f "act x hover | y hover"

where x is improve action number, and y is repair action number.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136575-released-improved-compass-no-winter-better-tooltips-custom-actions-max-toolbelt-time-lock-skill-gain-tracker-updated-feb-24/&do=findComment&comment=1445293

Edited by Griffith

On 18.5.2017 at 6:13 PM, Griffith said:

bind f "act x target | y target"

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136575-released-improved-compass-no-winter-better-tooltips-custom-actions-max-toolbelt-time-lock-skill-gain-tracker-updated-feb-24/&do=findComment&comment=1445293

yeah but since the (bind t improve) is not  (bind x "act xxx hover/target") compatible mod (as I have tried) I went for keyboard macro to trigger improving + repairing  

On 2017-5-18 at 0:13 PM, Griffith said:

bind f "act x hover | y hover"

That will work unless the mod you are referring to rewrites the function that sends the action to the server. I hook into it and replace the selected item with the desired one.

If the custom keybinding mod does something funky and bypasses the normal behavior of the game, you are SOOL.

On 2017-5-18 at 9:51 AM, Woltox said:

I have absolutely no idea if it will work on those things, never tested. I don't see why not since I'm just using basic game logic for the association, I haven't hardcoded anything.

For the auto repair, I simply don't do it due to the action queue limit. If you pressed improve and it would auto queue a repair after it, you would halve your possible actions.

• Like 1

yea i tried replicating his bind f "act x hover | y hover", where x=imp and y = repair, and it didnt work for me either.

so something went awry somewhere in the mod i guess. maybe the update borked it.

I am having people tell me it still works just fine. There is a little buggy with it though has always been there, if you have a pelt and a leather on the toolbar itll brain fart and not want to select the right thing. Like it uses the icon rather than the item template. If you only have leather when doing leatherworking, and no leather when using a pelt nobody is having issues.

Wow, I can't believe I waited so long to get this mod. It has simplified improving so much!

Just fyi, it's still working fine for me and for all the players on my server.  Any chance it's just conflicting with a server mod, for those who can't get it to work?