Sign in to follow this  
FogToo

Planting forest broken?

I Don't know if this is a client bug or server bug.
Newly planted sprouts disappear within a very short time. I have in 3 sessions planted 50 trees each time, only to return next day to find every single one gone.
Since players were not able to plant trees that survived, I tried with lvl 5(Dev) to plant sprouts. They suffer the same fate, everything gone the next day.

There used to be a paint terrain on the black wand, but that seems to have gone missing? Couldn't paint trees that way.

There was an initial BUG where tree growth was set at ZERO and all new planted sprouts died.  There was a PATCH that added a place for people to change the ZERO to a better number (20 is very commonly used).  It is in the SERVER LAUNCHER panel, I will try to find a picture. If you are the server admin, you want to change that TREE GROWTH setting in the server launcher,   from 0 to 20 or some other number

Paint terrain (via GM ebony wand) is also broken at the moment regarding trees,  there is a thread on it here

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I have read many things, just not understood properly apparently. Thank you very much for spelling it out for me in a way that I could understand.

I'm confused... so this the paint issue related to a needed patch, or is it fixable by modifying the value in the launcher?

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎36‎:‎59‎, Keenan said:

Paint Terrain fixed in next update :)

:( no paint trees yet.

I just tested it with the most recent updated version on Steam, and it does work.

SetData on your active wand, Auxdata to 101 (for Pine, get the full list from Change Terrain), set your data1, data2 to positive numbers - I did 10 and 10, which makes a 10x10 area. Do 1 and 1 for a single tile.

Right-click center tile for area, Paint Terrain.

I am now in a pinewood forest :)