Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

Player Made Chat Channles

Ability to /create_chat_channels

These would be much like Freedom chat, Etc 

A screen pops up where you can name the channel once you type /creat_chat_channel

Or instead of pop up to set the name it could be like 

/create_chat_channel_Auction-House

Then people can type 

One can /join_channel_Auction-House

For example someone wants to hold Quickie Auctions.

They could creat a channel set a Message Of the day for Channels rules based on what It is going to be used for.

Once in channel is created the creator can type

/set_motd_channel_Auction-House

Or just /set_entry_message

Or something like this :) 

Then one could just share the channel name in Other chat channels like Freedom to invite people to join in on whatever they are doing in said channel. For example the Quickie Auctions  which usually last 2 mins per item and people take turns bidding in the chat 1 at a time and they usually have a 30 second snipe protection, if seen these held in the past before trade channel was created on Freedom Quite Fun :) 

But to create your own Channel one could invite or have all of his friends join it To chat, or One could Set a channel up for a Unique Slaying, or even a bew Alliance Chat with Allies to join n friends n neighbors could join to discuss together local / area projects.

I could see many uses in this suggestion.

Maybe even add more commands in player made channels 

Some commands for the Channel creator, maybe set the Channel owners chat Color Red or blue or let use /set_chat_color_(color)

/kick_player_John ( 30 minutes lock out)

/Quit_channel_Example

/Close_Channel_Example

/Silent_Player_?_minutes

/change_channle_limit_50 

/Show_roster (shows a list of people inside your channel)

Or /show_players or /who_all

Etc... 

These chat commands are just basic and examples to get my idea across, 

Like this post if you think this would be a good addition to our everyday Wurm Online Game Play.

Sincerely,

Vortexxx

• Like 1

+1. The ability to have a chat channel between 2 alliances for example would be mighty handy and appreciated. I'm on PvE Xan server. Being able to set up guilds/groups/clubs outside of the current alliance system would be great.  The only function such groups would really need is a shared (private) chat. 

i think that they just need to push IRC more. if they do that it would be easy for this idea to work. Moderation even becomes easier, as rizon already has a system set up for it.

+1

Have thought of this almost every day.  Closest thing is team chat.

Seems like they are using a private IRC server for Wurm chat already or it's very similar.

I think IRC would be the right place to do what the OP wants. I prefer not to use IRC because I have typed "/fsleep" or press the hotkey to call the tower guards  once to many in a IRC channel  and did not notice that the intended command did not reach the WO server but the IRC server.

However the idea of having an aligned alliances chat would be great. (A channel where 2 or more alliances share a chat window. )

I have a few ideas how it can work but I don't want to hi-jack this thread anymore then I already did.