Sign in to follow this  
Lothens

Textures are Random...

So I'm on my Dell, a few year old laptop but still in good working order, and had run wurm in the past fine - just messing about on it for a change, and this is what I see: http://imgur.com/a/MEiqC

When I move, the textures change. Halp.

I would reboot the computer, check for overheating issues, and verify packs through STEAM to see if graphics jar was corrupted.

Is this on a server that is running custom graphics jars?

Did you do a fresh download from STeam or copy over files from your other computer or old Wurm folders?

Although it does not look like the normal issue with Inte//switchable graphics, does your Dell have more than one graphics card (Intel for battery life, NVidia/Radeon for gaming)?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I can only find Intel. This isn't a steam download, but I've deleted and reinstalled graphics.jar once. I'm on the WO servers, not unlimited.

1 hour ago, Lothens said:

I'm on the WO servers, not unlimited.

Ah it needs to get moved then as this is Wurm Unlimited technical help. I am sure as moderator can get it to the right section!

I would like to rule out a driver issue -- can you click on the section that says DEVICE MANAGER - go to DISPLAY ADAPTER the PROPERTIES

and write down there the name of the adapter and also the driver date

I think the fact it lists a 2.5 score means a very old GPU with  very old driver. Try also direct through Intel Download Center (not windows/microsoft/dell updaters)

How long ago in the past did it run the game ok with no problems?

Edited by Brash_Endeavors