Sign in to follow this  
Milosanx

Wurm Unlimited vs Wurm Online | My Thoughts

Advertizing your Youtube channel, eh? I agree with you that WO is preferable to WU. And, a big reason why WO is probably not going to disappear anytime soon is b/c it's a business. Every business has its ups and downs. All that matters from the business perspective is that there is a paying client base, which there is albeit a small one. Also, you talk at length in an inconsequential way; aka you ramble. I prefer a 5 minute video that is to the point than a half hour one that is blathering about the subject; if that is even communicated clearly to the audience. 

Edited by Lazaros

Thanks for the video, Milo. I always enjoy them. It could be partlybecause we have very similar playstyles and views on Wurm, but hey... whatever works, right? :)

• Like 1

I disagree. Rolf's experience is not the best experience for the framework. It's bland, it's dry and it's boring. Or meta and full of epeen.

On 25/11/2015, 14:10:50, Lazaros said:

Advertizing your Youtube channel, eh? I agree with you that WO is preferable to WU. And, a big reason why WO is probably not going to disappear anytime soon is b/c it's a business. Every business has its ups and downs. All that matters from the business perspective is that there is a paying client base, which there is albeit a small one. Also, you talk at length in an inconsequential way; aka you ramble. I prefer a 5 minute video that is to the point than a half hour one that is blathering about the subject; if that is even communicated clearly to the audience. 

I've been doing this the same way for a couple of years now and yes, every once and awhile I get people like you with all the opinions on how to do it, everyone a critic. I do it cause I enjoy it and I don't spend hours putting it together. Everyone know that follows me, you get what you get from me. My style isn't to your taste? don't watch..simple. 

Advertising? why not..i'm sharing with people that aren't subscribed, my subscribers are growing every week and losing none, it's not easy doing the bulk of your videos on wurm. Why do you have a problem with it?

Edited by Milosanx
adding

22 hours ago, Milosanx said:

I've been doing this the same way for a couple of years now and yes, every once and awhile I get people like you with all the opinions on how to do it, everyone a critic. I do it cause I enjoy it and I don't spend hours putting it together. Everyone know that follows me, you get what you get from me. My style isn't to your taste? don't watch..simple. 

Advertising? why not..i'm sharing with people that aren't subscribed, my subscribers are growing every week and losing none, it's not easy doing the bulk of your videos on wurm. Why do you have a problem with it?

If you don't want your work criticized, don't put it in the public space.

There are a group of players who have put a lot of time and talent into helping new players and entertaining others. Milosanx is one whose work I have greatly enjoyed during these last months.

Creating videos is an art (in my opinion) and not all art is to everyone's taste, however, surely people should be able to appreciate the effort that is put into such work? I am sure that constructive criticism would be valued.   

Edited by Spolmit
  • Like 1

I prefer the open atmosphere in WU at the moment with a few friends, no chat rules to be interpreted, no drama, no CA chat, just ask in chat like the old days, it feels more like the old days of gaming vrs the entire structured staff baggage that Wurm carries around.

Back when I started gaming you asked things in chat, guild etc, didnt need a channel for every single thing.

Being on a first name basis with the GM is helpful so you dont need a lawyer to satisfy a burden of proof if you run into issues.