Sign in to follow this  
Proximo

Easing Restrictions on Stone Pillars

I would like to have a discussion on stone pillars in the hopes of getting changes made to ease their restrictions.  This is a sandbox game after all.

My dream of building a Roman-styled village in Wurm has been met with several challenges, but suffice to say stone pillars play an essential role in this goal.  However for some reason there are excessive restrictions placed on this item.  They cannot be loaded into carts/wagons.  They cannot be built in houses or on a roof.  And if you push it up a bridge onto a house, it falls through the roof into the house.  Etc etc etc.

It's true this thread is born of my own selfish desires, however I honestly feel this is one of the most aesthetically pleasing items in the game architecturally.  Yet these arbitrary restrictions prevent them from being truly utilized by us players in my opinion.

A GM had to come to my home tonight and teleport a pillar that got stuck in my house, and she suggested I make a thread in this forum to voice my plight.  So well, there it is.

What do you guys think?

• Like 4

Steve, I do read  parts of the forums :P but I did miss your suggestion post on pillars. 

Thank you Prox.

• Like 3

oh noes!
I didn't know it was you!

lol :P

ok, no no, quite right, you do a mountain of work for us and you do it very well
You are also incredibly responsive.
thank you Ohana.
*grin*

Edited by Steveleeb

+100 to being able to move pillars. It's so sad watching them rot out on abandoned deeds.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ohana said:

Steve, I do read  parts of the forums :P but I did miss your suggestion post on pillars. 

Thank you Prox.

Were you the one who came out to save me?  If so thanks again!   Really fast response time!!!

Actually Steve the roof does support the pillar.  It was temporarily teleported onto my roof by the GM and I could even push it around up there.  The issue is just getting it ONTO the roof because you can't load it onto anything, and it falls through where the bridge meets the house.

• Like 1

+1

Can we also Add a little extra height to them in order for them to actually TOUCH the top of the second floor? It really sucks placing them around arches to make it look like they are structural, just to have them not reach the full height... 

On 23/11/2015, 16:35:53, Proximo said:

Were you the one who came out to save me?  If so thanks again!   Really fast response time!!!

Actually Steve the roof does support the pillar.  It was temporarily teleported onto my roof by the GM and I could even push it around up there.  The issue is just getting it ONTO the roof because you can't load it onto anything, and it falls through where the bridge meets the house.

Then we need haul don't we.
I'm sure it'll happen, even if it takes years.

(haul cart has been added. strangely. although i still use the bug-teleport because you can do it with horses attached)
Pillars need it more

Edited by Steveleeb

Haul worries me because I have the feeling as soon as you haul it into the area where the bridge ends and the building begins, it will just fall through into the first floor of the house still like It does when you "push" it across a bridge.

I think loading it into carts/wagons like we can with other items, at least in my mind, is safer and preferable.  Also more convenient.  What if we want to make a pillar a mile from it's final destination? 

We need new wall types that is 1 story high that uses the pillars one on each end and one on just one end, this way they can be stacked for however high you want the pillars to support, whether its a 1 story roof/porch or how ever high you skills can take you. The possibilities would be quite numerous if you wanted the roman style buildings.

w1x77YX.png

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

I would kill for that right now Jake.

Right now I'm just stuck making lots of arched walls and pillars....

Bump. Any update on this? They are such a nice art asset but a pain for working with due to the many restrictions. Can’t load or turn, glitches out easy into walls and gets trapped, does not commingle with other object “you cannot move that item here, since there is not enough space,” and takes forever to bash them down when you need remove one due to an issue.

I understand now whole heartily why most deeds to not build them. What shame, they do look wonderful.

• Like 1