Sign in to follow this  
Simyaci

Please Add African Lion and other impressive animals

Like the title suggests, please add african lions, elephants and other impressive animals to the game

-1, they don't fit into the landscape, it's still nordish geographical area(if to mention this does not mean racism or -ism at all)

14 minutes ago, Sizan said:

-1, they don't fit into the landscape, it's still nordish geographical area(if to mention this does not mean racism or -ism at all)

Indeed, and as everyone knows. nordics geographical areas are full of roaming buffaloes, mountain lions, gorillas, hyenas and anacondas... :rolleyes:

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sizan said:

and you deduced this from the fact the developers are swedes? and nothing from the actual game itself?

i don't care either which way as i want to see unfinished things finished, but, this is just a dumb reply.

• Like 1

The game already has different animals from various landscapes in the world and on top of that, a lot of fantasy animals like hell hounds, lava spiders and such. It is clear that the wurm world is not based on anywhere in the real world as it has so many type of trees, vegetables, flowers and animals (and fantasy animals). There are large areas of steppes, deserts, forests, lakes, coasts

I am just expressing my opinion that impressive looking animals would add to the beauty of the game and perhaps even more with time (maybe such as war elephants in the future)

1 hour ago, KunAlt said:

Indeed, and as everyone knows. nordics geographical areas are full of roaming buffaloes, mountain lions, gorillas, hyenas and anacondas... :rolleyes:

Last time I went to Norway there were trolls and goblins EVERYWHERE!!! lol

But Lions?  Well that would just be crazy /sarcasm

+1.  Gimme more to hunt and kill plx

• Like 1

Well mountain loins and bisons don't exactly fit into Nordic landscape as they are North/South American geographic area animals. But yeah It would be nice to see some other types of animals in game.

• Like 1

We do have the European bison (Bison bonasus). This species still lives in the wild in eastern Europe.

I think if they would start adding things like those, we would need palms, cacti, dry looking bush shrubs etc. also and I would like a "dry earth" terrain bordering deserts :D 

5 hours ago, Propheteer said:

and you deduced this from the fact the developers are swedes? and nothing from the actual game itself?

i don't care either which way as i want to see unfinished things finished, but, this is just a dumb reply.

No it was topic on discussions years ago and the game earlier had this face, the old voices(before they became like icky-picky goodguy-college-boys) were like that too. So if you don't know exactly, it's dumb to call people dumb.

5 hours ago, KunAlt said:

Worse enough that those are in this world, but zebras and elephants would just make it more worse. I mean, if one is a leftwing radical is worse, but it would be more worse if he starts to judge people, or to talk about politics, right ?
So: there is always something more worse, and you don't have to go that way until the bitter end.

Don't forget the Great Fjord Crocodiles ^_^

+1 in any case heh heh 

• Like 1

+1 I support anything that increases the diversity this game has to offer; as long as; it furthers the development of crafting or other game mechanics. I can see elephant bones, African lion’s teeth, and furs having useful purpose if some thought was put into it.

Having a very large animal like an elephant with high weight and with a large meat drop would be helpful for areas where animal population is still rather low for hunting.  African lion’s fur could certainly give yet another wonderful decoration item this game needs to liven things up (how many bear skin rugs do people need in their castle anyways. . .) Perhaps arrow heads made from lion’s teeth and  elephant bones for replacement of shafts in crafting to give a new aesthetically pleasing item.

Players often times go to great lengths and even expensive just to get an item that is not as common so they stand out. Our economy needs diversity in how an item looks that is also limited by a factor such as having to hunt and butcher an animal for a chance at that material drop. There are massive stock piles of same old looking tools and weapons that everyone has. What everyone does not have and would take some effort in getting is something like elephant bone shaft pickaxe among other tools and animal bones being used. Since items requiring something like elephant bone will not be cost effective for skill gain grinding since the player can just make the normal looking wood shaft items.

Edited by Rothblood
Formatting
  • Like 1

I live in Sweden and I must have been lucky so far because I have never run into an ambushing crocodile in the forest

• Like 1

+1 It makes things interesting for sure, we already have hyenas so I don't see any reason not to - I would also like Asian themed wildlife like pandas and tigers eventually.

• Like 1

+1

We could do with a couple more enchanted critters.  Give the world that low fantasy, monsters gonna get ya, feel.

I for one always welcome more variety in the flora and fauna.

Granted some critters seem out of place with the current terrains; though, I've always been for more variety in terrain and biomes. Even entire servers dedicated to certain ones: oceans with atolls and reefs, deep sand and gravel deserts with some mountains few water spots, northern/southern tundras, deep ice, tropical areas, etc.

EDIT: Oh yeah and cave ecosystems.

Edited by Klaa