Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

November Hunt on Pristine - 28th at (10PM UTC)

auction_timer_E1448747972.gif

The hunt will run at 10PM UTC. This is later than I wanted to run it, but my work schedule coupled with the change in daylight savings time for me doesn't leave me much choice. 

I will get a timer up tomorrow evening.

OK, The hunt for november on pristine will run on Saturday the 28th... sometime mid to late evening UTC due to my work schedule. (I will get a final time up at least a couple of days ahead of time, I promise.)

This hunt will be a bit shorter as i mentioned in a prior post, due to the run-up to December and trying to get a nice event in before the impalongs begin.

The hunt will be of the normal variety, where players will go from clue to clue in order to find the final location with the treasure. Swimming WILL be involved, travel light.

Some of the clues will include puzzles of one sort or another, the puzzles may require you to look around the game world near where you get the clue to find a key or additional information needed to solve the puzzle. (in other words, part of the clue might not be in the popup)

Hunt basics:
The treasure hunt is a series of clues, as you solve each clue it will lead you to a specific location/item you need to find and do something with/to. (examine is default if the clue does not lead you to believe it needs to be something else)

The first clue will be located on a sign in the start town and become available at the start time. It will also be posted in this thread ~ 30 minutes after the hunt begins. solving the first clue from the thread here will allow you to join the hunt in progress at that location. (for this hunt, due to it's shorter length, players will have to begin in Blossom at the start sign)

As you solve each clue, you will be given the next clue.

Clues are generally wurm centered, however some will have references to things outside of the game. 
As a general rule, the community maps, current map dumps (located here), google, possibly wikipedia or some other online encyclopedia, and any random dictionary website should be all you need to solve them.

Clues may also be in reference to the location you receive them. in other words, where you are when you get the clue will be relevant to where you go to solve the next one.
(example, solving a clue at one end of a long tunnel, such as a cave canal, the next clue might start with "on the other side" meaning you need to go through the tunnel as your first action)

If you forget the clue you are working on, you can return to where you solved the prior clue and repeat that action for a reminder, - or - , examine the start sign where the hunt begins to find out what clue you are currently trying to solve.

When you solve the final clue, there will be rewards for the fastest players to finish. The number, type, and distribution of the prizes may vary from hunt to hunt, and specifics will be found after you solve the final clue.

Regardless of the main prizes, EVERYONE who finishes the hunt gets a small participation award, and the first time you complete a hunt there is an achievement earned. (there may be other achievements for specific hunts)

While everyone is welcome to participate, you should be aware that monsters abound in the wilds, and many of the clues are in remote locations so there is a lot of potential danger on the hunt. Newer players are advised to travel with an experienced player or work in a team to lure mobs away. Death IS a possibility, tho you will not be required by the hunt to fight a combat to solve any clues mobs spawn constantly and can (and often do) end up on the path to clues.

Cooperation is permitted, and even encouraged, as these are supposed to be fun events. There is supposed to be entertainment in the journey, not just in the reward at the end. 

A certain amount of fair play is expected, If you have solved the hunt once, PLEASE do not re-run it on another character just to get another prize.
If multiple players from the same household wish to run the hunt, they MUST do it at the same time if all wish to collect a prize.

Players will never have to force entry to any part of the hunt, bashing down walls or fences will never be required to reach a clue.
You are also not permitted to build fences or obstacles to hinder other players.

Choosing to do any of the above things may result in penalties up to and including game bans and forfeiture of prizes at the discretion of the GM team.

• Like 4

the one on Indy looked like loads of fun, the dungeon maze was awesome! I can't wait to try my hand at this one. I am planning on attending this one!

:ph34r:

Maze? I didn't hear there was a maze in the Indy one... :(

The hunt will run at 10PM UTC. This is later than I wanted to run it, but my work schedule coupled with the change in daylight savings time for me doesn't leave me much choice. 

I will get a timer up tomorrow evening.

that was great fun, a little shorter than previous ones but perfect to complete before falling asleep on keyboard :P

thanks for organising Spellcast

Thank you for the fun, was a good experience overall and i hope you do more!

Ps...please no more mountain climbing, that was scary D:

Ugh, what a relief finishing that thing. My first and, if my wife has her way, last hunt ;)

Conclusion

Spoiler

d0bffb31fb.png

Finally made it. I guess I'll try this chest...

5287677502.jpg

Oh boy, what's inside?!

1809925b88.jpg

Thanks for the crazy adventure, Vali!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Ugh, what a relief finishing that thing. My first and, if my wife has her way, last hunt ;)

Thanks for the crazy adventure, Vali!

You think you have issues with the wife... I have to spend 40 + hours each month building the silly things. It's good that I only need a few hrs of sleep each night and can work on them while everyone else is sound asleep or you guys wouldn't be getting them at all or I would be living in a cardboard box outside under a bridge....

Glad everyone seems to have enjoyed it, Was definitely a shorter run than my normal ones, but as mentioned in another thread we are doing something interesting for december and trying to get it done so it runs earlier in the month and happens before most people are travelling for the holidays.

Currently ~25 people have completed the trek, and there are a few more at various points along the way. Still a couple of the chance prizes left even if the grand prize is gone. If nothing else the trip is entertaining. =D

• Like 1

Well worth the adventure. A great way to show off pristine!

thanks for the event spellcast :D

In case anyone is interested... there are still 3 chance prizes left at the end location. While the largest prize has indeed been claimed, the remaining prizes are worth a minimum of 2 silver. (and a thanksgiving dinner)

The trip itself is fun as well.

Many thanks for this hunt, I think it was good as is - it did not felt too short at all.

The ending was hmm... unlucky for me and as I heard for a few others, I don't want to do and spoilers on it but if you did not try this hunt I highly recommend itand ... watch your steps, avoid walking in fog :P